pixeltracker

'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018- Page 3

'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#50'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:06am

What happened to Jackie's baby (with Fred)?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#51'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:09am

^ At least they MENTIONED Jerry.   Did anyone mention David? Other than Darlene is now alone?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#52'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:12am

Elfuhbuh said: "I haven't watched it yet, but I've been rolling my eyes at all the pearl-clutching on social media about the fact that this show includes a Trump supporter in Roseanne's character. Lord forbid we write realistic scenarios by showing that there are indeed people in this country with opposing views. Trying to pretend otherwise and silence evidence of such is dangerous and bordering on censorship, imo.

(And no, I'm not a Trump supporter.)
"

I think you may be misunderstanding what the pearl cluctching is about.

It makes sense that Roseanne Conner would be Trump voter. I have no issue with that. My issue is with Roseanne Barr herself. She has become an Alex Jones, alt right, racist conspiracy theorist. That makes me completely uninterested in what she has to say.

ArtMan
#53'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:20am

dramamama611 said: "^ At least they MENTIONED Jerry. Did anyone mention David? Other than Darlene is now alone?"

They did not mention David by name in either episode.  Johnny will be making a few appearances on the show.  They did state that Becky was a widow.  The actor who played her husband Mark died of a drug overdose years ago.

ArtMan
#53'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 3/28/18 at 11:20am

double post

Updated On: 3/28/18 at 11:20 AM

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#54'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 3/28/18 at 12:05pm

Massive ratings. This will get a second season renewal any day now. 

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#55'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 3/28/18 at 12:45pm

It's still a little early yet, but I was more disappointed in the first 2 episodes than I thought I would be. I've really been looking forward to this reboot, anticipating that this was an opportunity to return to what I enjoyed so much about the first seasons of the original.

Minor quibbles:
     - A technical error in the set. In the first episode, the hardware railing for Roseanne’s chair lift was absent from the staircase.  It’s installed in episode 2, but the angle at which the scene is shot (where it makes its first noticeable appearance) makes it seem as if the wooden stair railing had been replaced by an industrial metal railing. The chair itself is not visible yet.
     - The audience’s vocal reactions. The “oooh”s and “oh”s are kind of over-the-top. They all happened in unison which made them seem cued, or ‘canned’. I found that very distracting.
     - With the exception of Laurie Metcalf, everyone’s comedic timing seemed off. It felt and sounded like: 1) Deliver sarcastic zinger/'loaded' concept, 2) Wait for cued audience “ooh” or “oh”, 3) Carry on.

My biggest gripe at this point, is that the family and their circumstances now seem soooo contrived. A cross-dressing tween, a racially mixed marriage, dead/missing husbands, a Trump supporter, a surrogate mother... all living (or for the show's purposes, appear to be living) under the same roof. What are the odds? I can already see where the plot lines for season 1 are headed.

Because the first 2 episodes made so many "meta" references to the original series, and the actors' real lives (I thought it was over-saturation, personally), I was caught off guard when Roseanne delivered the line, "Yeah, and we're totally not bigoted 'cause we already came to terms with the fact that you were Gay" (audience laughter), and Darlene responds, "I'm not Gay" (louder audience laughter). When Jackie continues the conversation with banter about Gays throughout history, Darlene cuts her off and shuts the conversation down by saying, "We're not talking about Gay".

I was caught off guard because there was so much "meta" going on that I had to stop for a second and ask myself, "Was that more 'meta' humor, or character-driven?"

Didn't care for that. It seemed like the audience's laughter indicated they thought it was another 'meta' joke. The combination of Darlene's annoyed denial (which is completely in character for Darlene) and the audience's laughter at a possible 'meta' joke didn't land well with me.

The things I DID like were the elements that made the original series so enjoyable to me. The best example (of quite a few in the first 2 episodes) of what I enjoyed most about the original series was the scene where Dan and Roseanne divvied up their pills, and the humor of the 'hows' and 'whys' of doing so.

I also LOVED Laurie Metcalf. IMO, she's the only actor in the cast (at least at this point) whose character still rings true, and she didn't look like she was still trying to regain her sea legs. Love her. laugh

Cat Guy Profile Photo
Cat Guy
#56'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 3/29/18 at 12:51am

I laughed out loud.  A lot.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#57'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 3/29/18 at 3:15pm

I was a fan of the original (with the exception of season 9) and enjoyed the reboot very much. I thought the acting was a little shaky in the first episode, but by the second, they seemed to have gotten their sea legs. I'll continue to watch, of course, but I'm glad this isn't airing in October or November, around the time of the mid-terms. I actually think it could effect the results of the election, in that the show appeals so much to lower and middle income families, who I identify with the Connors. Roseanne, both the person and the show, validates the turd-in-chief, and thus, the Republican agenda. And Agent Orange's call to Roseanne yesterday doesn't help either!

EDT: And now they're talking about resurrecting Last Man Standing with Tim Allen. Ugh! Hope this doesn't become a trend. 

FOX Considering Bringing Back LAST MAN STANDING

Updated On: 3/29/18 at 03:15 PM

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#58'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 3/31/18 at 7:57am

I heard an interview of Roseanne talking about the call from Trump. Made me vomit in my mouth.

I don't know how this crazy bigot gets a pass from so many people.

Roseanne Keeps Promoting QAnon, the Pro-Trump Conspiracy Theory That Makes Pizzagate Look Tame

https://www.thedailybeast.com/roseanne-keeps-promoting-qanon-the-pro-trump-conspiracy-theory-that-makes-pizzagate-look-tame?ref=home

dramamama611
#59'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 3/31/18 at 11:22pm

I wonder if we will see a drop in ratings next week.   The only reason I watched the 2nd episode was because it came on immediately after.   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#60'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 4/1/18 at 9:50am

She also tweeted one of the Parkland kids was a Nazi this weekend. Vile. 

dramamama611
#61'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 4/1/18 at 3:50pm

Says her that thought it was funny to eat Jew Cookies that were burnt in the oven while wearing a Nazi Uniform.

(She did delete the tweet.)

dunebuddy
#62'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 4/1/18 at 6:25pm

So, Trump called Rosanne to congratulate her on the huuuge ratings (18 million).

I wonder.  Did he also call Stormy Daniels who had even bigger ratings (22 million) after her 60 Minutes interview last week?  After all - that show too was all about him.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#63'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 4/2/18 at 10:35am

Never watched the show first time around.  I have no interest in supporting such a vile person.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#64'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 4/2/18 at 10:43am

The 18 million viewers was the preliminary estimate. It was confirmed late last week that the telecast did surpass Daniels' interview in viewers.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#65'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 4/2/18 at 12:25pm

I wonder if Trump and his supporters stuck around for the second episode about gender nonconformity. And while the first episode had Roseanne blowing the Trump horn, it also had plenty of negative things to say about him.

I also wonder if future episodes will even mention Trump. I don’t think Roseanne has as much creative control as she did the first go around. Gilbert seems to be running things.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

dramamama611
#66'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 4/2/18 at 2:20pm

She doesn't.  Gilbert and Wanda Sykes are EP, and writers, I believe.

Gilbert has stated that there will be no mention of him ongoing.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#67'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 4/5/18 at 5:46pm

I thought this week's episode was fantastic. Really felt like the old show. John Goodman needs more to do though, felt like it was a Roseanne vs. Darlene vs. Harris episode only.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#68'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/29/18 at 1:33pm

Hopefully Roseanne won't get a second season. And good for Wanda Sykes.

‘Roseanne’s’ Wanda Sykes Leaving After Star’s ‘Ape’ Comment

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/roseanne-wanda-sykes-ape-joke-1202824000/

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
RicardoMagon Profile Photo
RicardoMagon
#70'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/29/18 at 1:58pm

I should be thanking ABC but Roseanne has tweeted out multiple racist, anti-semetic and Islamophobic things way before the revival of her show. They never should have renewed her show in the first place.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#71'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/29/18 at 2:18pm

I can understand why they cancelled it, but the show had so much going for it and was actually really great with dealing with so many issues - gender, race, sexuality - in such a normal way. And Metcalfe is my favorite actress, so saddened by this news. But I get it. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#72'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/29/18 at 2:18pm

I can understand why they cancelled it, but the show had so much going for it and was actually really great with dealing with so many issues - gender, race, sexuality - in such a normal way. And Metcalfe is my favorite actress, so saddened by this news. But I get it. 

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#73'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/29/18 at 2:22pm

The fact that this disgusting human spreads her vile racist hatred across the country, and her show still winds up as one of the top-rated programs in America suggests that a majority of our nation is immoral and stupid at the core of their being.

However, I'm refreshingly delighted that ABC did the right thing (finally).

To those who think that there should be a sitcom about Trump supporters: I agree. And it should show them as the nasty, stupid creatures they are.