pixeltracker

Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART- Page 4

Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART

barcelona20
#75Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 4/2/18 at 3:43pm

The show is sold out on the 8th, but they do standing room, so just get there early enough and do that.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#76Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 4/2/18 at 9:17pm

barcelona20 said: "The show is sold out on the 8th, but they do standing room, so just get there early enough and do that."

How early would you recommend? I am in town for work so can't really sneak out at will :|
If anyone has an extra ticket, I'd be happy to buy it from you. 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

ren598
#77Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 4/4/18 at 2:30pm

A bunch of $25 tickets became available for multiple shows.  Get them before they are all gone.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#78Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 4/4/18 at 3:25pm

ren598 said: "A bunch of $25 tickets became available for multiple shows. Get them before they are all gone."

Thanks, ren598. 8th May still looks sold out. :|

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

barcelona20
#79Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 4/10/18 at 5:40pm

FYI half price tickets for select dates

https://ticketforce.bostix.org/eventperformances.asp?evt=4172

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#80Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 4/12/18 at 3:30pm

I got a ticket I got a ticket AAA laugh

V2David
#81Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 4/12/18 at 4:52pm

Any chance this will be extended to the end of July?  I'll be on Boston the last weekend in July and would love to see this.

sparepart973
#82Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 4/18/18 at 11:46am

Does anyone know what this is actually about? There's a very vague description about a multi-generational family, race, gender, etc but nothing about characters or plot. 

Relevance81491
#83Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/3/18 at 8:15pm

bumping for previews since they start tomorrow!!!!

Early reports are appreciated as always, Im waiting to hear if i should book this with Moulin Rouge

Updated On: 5/3/18 at 08:15 PM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#84Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/3/18 at 10:33pm

Going in July and I am very excited!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#85Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/5/18 at 9:26pm

Any first preview reports from tonight?!

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#86Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/5/18 at 10:26pm

I’m not sure how to post a picture from my phone, but if you search #JaggedLittlePillART there is a song list.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#87Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/5/18 at 10:33pm

Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#88Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/5/18 at 10:43pm

curious that they already have an u/s going on for the role of "Frankie" and they just started yesterday.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

RW3
#89Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/5/18 at 10:44pm

ACL2006 said: "curious that they already have an u/s going on for the role of "Frankie" and they just started yesterday."

according to celia’s Twitter account, she sprained her ankle. will be going on Tuesday. 

Sadlad
#90Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/6/18 at 7:41am

Lots of dark subjects all crammed into one show, but maybe that was the point.

Diane Paulus made an appearance at the start for some brief opening remarks - to thank everyone for coming and let us know there was an understudy - it was almost as if she was warning us to not get our hopes us, but Nora Schell (the replacement) was good, coincidentally she was one of just five cast members who appeared at the ART Gala in the spring. Elizabeth Stanley and Lauren Patten were very good, sadly some of the other voices were not as strong. The ensemble were high energy. I enjoyed the choreography and staging, but I know others will not.

It was well received by the audience, who were so enthusiastic they were up on their feet even before the ensemble had an opportunity to take a bow. 

There is no doubt that you will be able to see this on Broadway

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#91Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/6/18 at 8:31am

I was looking through the cast bios and noticed most of the ensemble have a dance background and not really a musical theater background. I wonder if this goes to Broadway if it'll lean towards replacing some with some Broadway vets in the ensemble.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#92Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/6/18 at 12:11pm

Book writer Diablo Cody says “Often you’re trying to shoehorn the artist’s hit songs into a narrative. I never once felt like that. The songs are really of a piece. There is this coherent theme on the album of: Wake up, look around, accept things that are painful, grow. Don’t live your life in denial.”

Glad that it's just not another jukebox musical.  Alanis Morissette reflects on ‘Jagged Little Pill’ and the musical it has inspired

I just purchased my tickets to see it on July7th.

sparepart973
#93Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/6/18 at 12:32pm

So what IS it about and what are the dark subjects? 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#94Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/6/18 at 12:42pm

What’s the design like? I feel like everything that comes from ART is kind of basic in design. Finding Neverland had no real magic or exciting moments - besides the ending - and Waitress is fairly basic design wise. Just curious!

sparepart973
#95Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/6/18 at 12:50pm

RippedMan said: "What’s the design like? I feel like everything that comes from ART is kind of basic in design. Finding Neverland had no real magic or exciting moments - besides the ending - and Waitress is fairly basic design wise. Just curious!"

Production photos are out already on ART's FB and Instagram channels. It looks a bit Next to Normal-ish to me. 

Sadlad
#96Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/6/18 at 1:55pm

sparepart973 said: "So what IS it about and what are the dark subjects?"

Rape, Addiction, Race and the struggle with Sexual Identity.......just to name a few

Sadlad
#97Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/6/18 at 2:15pm

......but to be clear, this is what makes it relevant, especially with what's coming out of the White House on a daily basis

bungalowbob2
#98Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/7/18 at 12:22pm

I saw this last night and figured I'd provide a brief review of the show. First, for those who are considering seats close to the stage, the stage is very high for this show. I'm 6' tall and I would have had significant problems seeing had I been any shorter. With regard to the show, the best way to sum it up is it suffers from the problems you would expect a show like this to suffer from, but does a lot better of a job than you would expect. This doesn't ever really feel like a jukebox musical. The music is integrated so well into the show that if you've never listened to Jagged Little Pill, you'd have trouble figuring out which songs were composed specifically for this show. With that said, one of the reasons the album was so huge when it came out was it touched on a wide range of emotions as a relatable piece for lots of different people. The creative team has tried to recreate that feeling as a musical as best as possible, but to really touch on everything they wanted to touch on, they had to integrate a lot of different threads into the show, some of which are a little underdeveloped. This show did remind me of Next to Normal in a lot of ways, but where Next to Normal succeeded resoundingly by depicting the effects of a very focused issue on a variety of people, Jagged Little Pill depicted in a way the issues a family is sometimes dealing with in parallel. The result is something slightly more scattered and not nearly as fulfilling as Next to Normal. Despite that, I thought the music and arrangements as well as the choreography were great and the show succeeded more than I expected it to. Well worth a visit, I'm sure the show will only get better with some polishing.

perfectliar
#99Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 5/7/18 at 1:02pm

Can someone post what the plot is?