pixeltracker

THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER- Page 3

THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER

bisous3
#50THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/5/17 at 10:12am

Cape Twirl of Doom said: "I just saw the show tonight and there was no special guest, just the audience member bit. How does the celebrity guest fit in?

"

I assume it's pending the availability of someone who would make a good guest. 

kaykordeath
#51THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/5/17 at 11:45am

With Al Franken in town, promoting his book (he was on Colbert last night) I'd expect him as a guest.

JSquared2
#52THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/5/17 at 11:28pm

Tonight's special guest was Bryan Cranston.   

Nicole 10
#53THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/7/17 at 2:03pm

Hi guys, 

This might be a dumb question but is this show considered a play or special event? 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#54THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/7/17 at 3:52pm

Seeing it tomorrow evening. Looking forward to it.

Just give the world Love.

bunnie3 Profile Photo
bunnie3
#55THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/7/17 at 10:53pm

Saw it again tonite (w/a relative).  No guest star...again.  Shucks., But, once, again, a fantastic show!

I'm "TINY"aka TheTinyMagic. BWW log on problems forever. Yeesh.

Debbie77
#56THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/7/17 at 11:23pm

I was there as well tonight.  Blew me away. Husband, daughter, loved it as well.    Mezzanine was full.  We could've sworn we saw Anderson Cooper  in the audience, but was told it wasn't him ( he was probably live on CNN anyway).

As was previously mentioned there was no guest tonight, but the show length was still 2 hours with no intermission.  Is the show THAT much longer when there is a guest?

Debbie

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#57THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/8/17 at 12:16am

Nicole 10 said: "Hi guys, 

This might be a dumb question but is this show considered a play or special event? 

"

The special event category was removed from the tony awards after the year Liza Minelli won for Liza's at the Palace.  Since then everything is considered a play or a musical.  I remember Kathy Griffin's show wasn't considered because it was slightly different every night, so considering there's a special guest, it sounds like a similar situation though I have not seen it yet to judge. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#58THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/8/17 at 12:51am

No intermission. I am assumimg one might break the flow of the evening?

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#59THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/8/17 at 1:50am

Just_John said: "The special event category was removed from the tony awards after the year Liza Minelli won for Liza's at the Palace.  Since then everything is considered a play or a musical."

Technically, Nicole didn't ask about the Tony awards. Just whether it's considered a play or a special event. The Tonys may have removed the category, but "special events" certainly still exist on Broadway (Alton Brown's show, Lewis Black's show, The Illusionists, Hugh Jackman's show, Frankie Valli, etc.) I'm wondering the same thing myself about this show. 

bunnie3 Profile Photo
bunnie3
#60THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/8/17 at 1:45pm

It is most definitely a play. 

Callum_brown1
#61THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/8/17 at 1:49pm

I'd say it's perhaps most similar, out of the shows most recently on Broadway, to Oh, Hello.

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#62THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/8/17 at 10:25pm

Does anyone know what the deal is with the special guest?? None again tonight and presumably critics were there. Has this aspect of the show been cancelled? If so, that's a shame. 

@z5
#63THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/8/17 at 10:50pm

Still in disbelief this fool was even given a Broadway theatre.

Matt Rogers
#64THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/8/17 at 11:57pm

@z5 said: "Still in disbelief this fool was even given a Broadway theatre.

"

Still in disbelief that you have not been banned from these boards. You are a classic troll that has nothing whatsoever to offer except to try to propagate some sort of right wing agenda. May I suggest that you go and bow to the Fox News board, where you will obviously feel more comfortable? 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#65THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/9/17 at 12:02am

Was there tonight and thoroughly enjoyed the show.

Regarding special guests, I was fine without one.

I am not an avid fan of Moore's.  Have not read his books and have only seen part of one of his movies. But I surely know who he is and what his views and opinioms are from television appearances. I have not always agreed with him but I like him. I also met him and his family this past year briefly.

The evening was well paced and it is all about politics interwoven through his stories. However you don't feel like he is preaching. He just talks to the audience. The man's life has been fascinating. He talked about, and showed, things in his past that I didn't know about him. And the Flint segment is just heartbreaking. It is in this segment that his demeanor changes and you can tell just how this has hit him personally. He seemed almost to the point of tears and I suspect that happens every time he tells the story.

I wanted to see this as soon as it was anmoumced but wondered what can he do but preach to us. Well Mr. Mayer has done a good directing job and has made this a very pleasant evening. It is also hyterically funmy a lot of times. And he himself asks, kind of, how did he get on Broadway?

I was wondering why critics were in so early but reslized opening is next week. Assumimg je is going go address things that are in the news daily, parts of the show could change, well, nightly. He seems to be quite comfortable for the most part and he "goes there" a few times.

So, of course, a phone went off tonight. He threatened the patron with Patti Lupone. I expected wild cheers but at that point we knew that we were not among avid theatergoers or people who follow the theatre. Sounded like a a handful of us got it. Also, the backdrop is pretty cool and used well.

Yep, he is very left leaning but, in my opinion, he just spoke the truth on that stage tonight. I was dancing a bit as I went to buy my magnet and I plan to make a call after my morning coffee tomorrow.

Edit: Don't take pictures at any time including before the show. The ushers will stop you or call you out. Also, the pre show announcement is brillant.

Updated On: 8/9/17 at 12:02 AM

Matt Rogers
#66THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/9/17 at 12:08am

I thought the opening was Thursday. 

Last week, when Maxine Waters walked out on the stage for an interview, the audience exploded. He's clearly preaching to the choir, but they, and I loved it, and Auntie Maxine was amazing. It was a bit disappointing that there was no guest tonight.  

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#67THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/9/17 at 12:18am

My bad Matt, you are correct. Opening is Thursday. I knew the day, got the week wrong!

kaykordeath
#68THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/9/17 at 8:40am

@z5 said: "Still in disbelief this fool was even given a Broadway theatre.

"

Still in disbelief that you think anyone (other than Springsteen) is "given" a Broadway theatre.

Still in disbelief that you think that just because you disagre with this guy's politics that literally no one would be willing to buy a ticket.

Still in disbelief that you think you're contributing anything worthwhile to the thread.

bisous3
#69THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/9/17 at 10:00pm

uncageg said: "

Yep, he is very left leaning but, in my opinion, he just spoke the truth on that stage tonight. 

"

Except for one thing- he said that Reagan "laid a wreath on the grave of a Nazi soldier". That struck me funny. I thought "how did something like that ever happen and I don't remember it?" Turns out Reagan visited a cemetery where there were thousand of German soldiers buried and 40 or so were Nazi soldiers, and it was definitely a very controversial visit, but he didn't lay a wreath on the grave of a Nazi soldier. I understand how he has a story to tell and has to make it intriguing (his statement prompted audible gasps from the audience) but it makes me start to wonder what else in this show I need to google to verify. I find him to be interesting, funny and brave but I can't get past the fact that he is most certainly in the 1% and he is ruthless with his endless criticism of the 1%. 

bunnie3 Profile Photo
bunnie3
#70THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/9/17 at 10:06pm

Ooooh, I can t wait for the replies to the last post.  I m not gonna do it?!......

mgiltz
#71THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/9/17 at 11:19pm

You can google and easily find pictures of President Reagan indeed laying a wreath at the Bitburg cemetery, which was dominated by Nazi-SS soldiers. He was widely condemned at the time around the world for doing so. You could tiresomely argue Reagan was laying the wreath at a memorial and not a particular soldier's grave but that's a distinction hardly worth mentioning. Michael Moore is essentially correct.Reagan at wreath laying ceremony

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitburg_controversy

My attempt to upload the picture seems to have failed. You can literally see Reagan carrying the wreath here. The idea that you would pretend to google this and then claim Moore was lying or wrong is quite telling. Please go away. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=reagan+laying+wreath+at+bitburg&client=opera&hs=9G1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjO6bq62svVAhWKTCYKHd6gDbUQ_AUICigB&biw=1404&bih=768#imgrc=4_yIf0n_RPxngM:

Updated On: 8/9/17 at 11:19 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#72THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/10/17 at 12:02am

And why would he lie about such an event. If I remember correctly, he even asked the audience if they remembered it and a lot of people yelled out "yes".

Then one thing I think he may have gotten wrong is that he said yesterday was the anniversary of Nixon's resignation. It was today. But I may not have heard him correctly and he may have said tomorrow.

bisous3
#73THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/10/17 at 1:56am

mgiltz said: "You can google and easily find pictures of President Reagan indeed laying a wreath at the Bitburg cemetery, which was dominated by Nazi-SS soldiers.

Read the article below. 49 out of 2000 isn't exactly 'dominating''

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/05/06/international/europe/06REAG.html

He was widely condemned at the time around the world for doing so.

Yes, we know this. 

You could tiresomely argue Reagan was laying the wreath at a memorial and not a particular soldier's grave but that's a distinction hardly worth mentioning.

I disagree. 

Michael Moore is essentially correct.

No, Michael Moore is essentially exaggerating because he is doing a show. Whatever. My point is thought I enjoyed the show that exaggerating made me assume there were other things he exaggerated about as well. Reagan at wreath laying ceremony

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitburg_controversy

My attempt to upload the picture seems to have failed. You can literally see Reagan carrying the wreath here.

He did not lay a wreath on the grave of a Nazi soldier the way Michael said he did. He laid a wreath at a wall of remembrance in the cemetery.  Not the same thing. 

The idea that you would pretend to google this and then claim Moore was lying or wrong is quite telling.

Who pretends to Google? People pretend to KNOW stuff when they actually just GOOGLED. 

Please go away. 

No.

https://www.google.com/search?q=reagan+laying+wreath+at+bitburg&client=opera&hs=9G1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjO6bq62svVAhWKTCYKHd6gDbUQ_AUICigB&biw=1404&bih=768#imgrc=4_yIf0n_RPxngM:

"

SaveSave

SaveSave

Updated On: 8/10/17 at 01:56 AM

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#74THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/10/17 at 11:12pm

Wish folks wouldn't be so unpleasant on these chats.  

We have President Drumpf (his original family name) playing nuclear weapon chicken with the No Korea dude with the bad haircut.  And today, with US govt permission, we have a Russian military jet flying low over Wash DC and Bedminster for surveillance.  Not kidding; part of an absurd treaty.  Yet even US private pilots cannot enter that restricted air space.  That should be enough hostility for us all to keep us uptight.  These sites should be fun.

Forty years ago, I complained to my father that a neighbor kept badgering me about an issue causing us to constantly fight. 

His only response was, "when you argue with a fool, you have two fools arguing."

It took me decades to understand what that meant.