Posted: 9/27/17 at 8:02am

The Hamilton tour posted a picture of them doing the same

mariel9 Profile Photo
mariel9
#26Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 8:43am

Nazi Sympathizers:  Not Sons of Bitches

"Very fine people," says our president.

The cast's action is wonderful. Good for them!

I never understand "attention whore" or "virtue signaling" responses to protests or speaking out. It seems like projecting a narcissistic view of the world onto others. Just because you can't muster a genuine belief in something doesn't mean others can't. This is a cast of actors of color. It's not hard to see why they'd support an action by African Americans protesting police brutality or why they'd stand up (kneel down) in support of people's right to protest without being called a son of a bitch and threatened by the President.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#27Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 8:50am

This is going to make RacistDave's head explode. It's his favorite show!

Updated On: 9/27/17 at 08:50 AM

Poconopanther
#28Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 9:52am

Good for them! 

Imagine living in a country where the jocks and theatre geeks show support for one another and support equal rights at the same time!

Who can be against that???

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#29Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 9:56am

Poconopanther said: "Good for them!

Imagine living in a country where the jocksand theatregeeks show support for one another and support equal rights at the same time!

"

BroadwayConcierge

Nycat63
#30Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 10:05am

Poconopanther said: "Good for them!

Imagine living in a country where the jocksand theatregeeks show support for one another and support equal rights at the same time!

"

Love this point!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#31Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 10:14am

I love it!

Also that the guy who filmed this second-acted the show! Miss Saigon cast takes a knee

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#32Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 10:33am

Haha, yes he did! A lost art. Miss Saigon cast takes a knee

Liza's Headband
#33Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 10:48am

HeyMrMusic said: "I’ve spoken to a few, yes. Many of them have shared the video on social media as well."

Wow. You even spoke to the child who, at such a young age, likely had no clue as to why he was kneeling? That's impressive. I didn't realize "a few" means the entire cast!

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#34Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 11:28am

Yes, I’m sorry, only three really believed in the cause and the others were forced to do it. *eye roll* 

I’m sorry it’s so hard for you to imagine that a cast of mostly people of color would do something in solidarity to draw attention to racial injustice. Have you even seen the show they’re in?

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#35Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 11:59am

broadwaysfguy said: "spare me..."

if I want politics I'll watch a news channel. 

I go to theatre for a bit of an escape. 

Please stop the "horsesh!t"

Ty

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#36Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 12:11pm

Theatre is politics. Sorry.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#37Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 12:35pm

Miss Saigon is very much about politics. Hamilton is literally about politics. 1984A Clockwork OrangeThe Band’s VisitAnastasia, almost any show playing in NYC is about politics, particularly social politics. Yesterday was West Side Story’s 60th anniversary, and that show is still so relevant and even ahead of its time in terms of racial injustice and politics. HairRentEvita, South PacificThe King and IThe Sound of Music...many celebrated shows throughout history deal with politics. Sorry if that bursts your bubble.

Miss Jezebel DuPree2
#38Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 12:36pm

They should be glad they are still open.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#39Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 12:39pm

Miss Jezebel DuPree2 said: "They should be glad they are still open."

I've loved this production and was on the fence about making a couple more return visits before they close. No longer. They can bite me. 

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#40Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 12:43pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Miss Jezebel DuPree2 said: "They should be glad they are still open."

I've loved this production and was on the fence about making acouplemore return visits before they close. No longer. They can bite me.
"

I hope every show starts doing this just so all shows "can bite" you.

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#41Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 1:34pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Theatre is politics. Sorry."

I sorry.  I just have to come to the realization that football is politics too.

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#42Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 1:36pm

There's politics everywhere.  That happens when you elect a fascist leader.  People are probably going to protest.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#43Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 1:40pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Miss Jezebel DuPree2 said: "They should be glad they are still open."

I've loved this production and was on the fence about making acouplemore return visits before they close. No longer. They can bite me.
"

Does this mean you'll avoid Hamilton since the touring cast took the knee? You're essentially saying that because a few people used their first amendment right to protest peacefully against something every American should be speaking up against (police brutality, and being called names and getting personally attacked by the President of the nation), you will stop supporting the actual work of art of which you liked? Because to me it doesn't add up.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

BroadwayConcierge
#44Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 1:45pm

The Hamilton tour cast posted a picture on their knees backstage. I don’t really care about what you protest on your own time, but if you’re going to literally force your display of protest onto me in a space where I go for escape (I can’t believe it’s controversial to consider theatergoing as escapist and for personally enjoyable/entertainment reasons these days), then I’m going to pass. Let me go to the theatre and just take in a performance, please.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#45Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 1:49pm

Would this be an inconvenient time to point out that both MISS SAIGON and HAMILTON are both politically charged pieces of musical theater?  Because if you're going to either because you think they're entertainingly escapist, then you really haven't paid attention.  

BroadwayConcierge
#46Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 1:51pm

I never said either were entertainingly escapist. They’re both (obviously) loaded shows. But then let the show, the art, the message speak for itself. You don’t need to wedge your politics down the audience’s throat thereafter.

SonofRobbieJ
#47Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 1:53pm

Then I suppose you storm out in a huff every time a Broadway show collects for BC/EFA?  

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#48Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 1:53pm

Remember BroadwayConcierge voted for Trump so his reaction is typical. It's no surpise he doesn't like people of color protesting.

Why do whites oppose the NFL protests?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chapman/ct-perspec-whites-nfl-anthem-protests-20170927-story.html

Updated On: 9/27/17 at 01:53 PM

SonofRobbieJ
#49Miss Saigon cast takes a knee
Posted: 9/27/17 at 1:56pm

Oh, I know.  I know it too, too well.  But it's fun for me to start pulling at the threads of this particular, shoddily-made garment because it all comes apart so easily!

Videos