TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#25The Band’s Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/23/17 at 1:35pm

^Ah whoops, right you are. Thanks!

cmstygar
#26 The Band’s Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/23/17 at 11:59pm

I'm curious if anyone has rushed this on a Monday yet? We will be in town Sunday and Monday next week and would love to catch this, if we can!

Updated On: 10/23/17 at 11:59 PM

sonni892
#27The Band’s Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/24/17 at 10:08am

My friend got there at around 8:40 yesterday (Monday) and was the 9th person in line for tickets #15 and 16. Our seats were right orchestra row C, the last 2 seats all the way off to the side. 

cmstygar
#28The Band’s Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/24/17 at 6:41pm

Thanks! Could you see okay from there? There aren't many orchestra or even front mezz seats left on the night we are looking at. I've never been able to figure out if theatres just use whatever seats are left that day for Rush tickets or if they hold tickets back specifically for Rush? Or maybe it changes from show to show/theatre to theatre. Just trying to decide if it's worth it to rush for not-optimal seats, if the sightline is strongly impacted, or wait until we are back in December and purchase better seats indvance.

sonni892
#29The Band’s Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/25/17 at 11:06am

cmstygar said: "Thanks! Could you see okay from there? There aren't many orchestra or even frontmezz seats left on the night we are looking at. I've never been able to figure out if theatres just use whatever seats areleft that dayfor Rush tickets or if they hold tickets back specifically for Rush? Or maybe it changes from show to show/theatre to theatre. Just trying to decide if it's worth it to rush for not-optimal seats, if the sightline is strongly impacted,or wait until we are back in December and purchase better seats indvance."

We were lucky as there were three empty seats in our row, so everyone further down the row moved seats. The view from the last two seats in the row is certainly obstructed, you can't see parts of that side of the stage, but you don't miss anything at all as far as I can remember because basically everything happens center stage. From what I gather in reading this thread and observing other people who did rush that day, it seems like they always keep the same, or at least very similar, seats for rush.

Updated On: 10/25/17 at 11:06 AM

Melanie73
#30The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/25/17 at 11:23am

cmstygar said: "Thanks! Could you see okay from there? There aren't many orchestra or even frontmezz seats left on the night we are looking at. I've never been able to figure out if theatres just use whatever seats areleft that dayfor Rush tickets or if they hold tickets back specifically for Rush? Or maybe it changes from show to show/theatre to theatre. Just trying to decide if it's worth it to rush for not-optimal seats, if the sightline is strongly impacted,or wait until we are back in December and purchase better seats indvance."

When I rushed, I got extreme left orchestra, and while the view was slightly obstructed, I don't think I missed anything important at all.  Also, it was nice to be close to the stage and the actors.  I definitely didn't mind the view at all!

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#31The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/25/17 at 12:54pm

I wish someone could post a picture of their view.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#32The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/25/17 at 1:35pm

GeorgeandDot said: "I wish someone could post a picture of their view."

They should have a site for that!

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Ethel+Barrymore+Theatre/

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#33The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/26/17 at 8:57am

Any updates on whether they take credit cards? Assuming yes.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Deedee23
#34The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/26/17 at 8:59am

Yes they take credit cards!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#35The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/26/17 at 9:06am

Thank you! I'm in line and had a momentary panic.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns
#36The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/26/17 at 9:09am

luvtheEmcee said: "Thank you! I'm in line and had a momentary panic. "

When did you get in line and what spot are you?

djoko84
#37The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/26/17 at 9:10am

Can you update us on how the rush was today?

cmstygar
#38The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/30/17 at 8:57am

Just got in line. Husband and I are #7 and #8, it appears.

dave1606
#39The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/30/17 at 12:33pm

I rushed the show this weekend Saturday 10/28. I arrived at 6:50am and was 5th in line. There was someone who came right behind me though I’d say the majority of people arrived between 7:30am and 8:15am. I wouldn’t come later than that to risk not getting a ticket though a two show day always helps. The line was around 50ish people by the time the box office opened by my guess, not sure who did or didn’t get tickets.

I was given row E 18 and 20 in the orchestra which was marked as partial view and was so.  I’d warn that for “Welcome to nowhere” I couldn’t see all that much as the band stands along the side of the stage obstructing the view. I’d say for 80 percent of the show it was fine but there were some moments you definitely missed a bit. Still, it is worth it to be that close for this show. I took my mom who loved the show and for my third time seeing it (twice on Broadway and once at the Atlantic) it was well worth it. If I were going for the first time I might recommend seeing it from the rear mezz first.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#40The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 10/30/17 at 5:18pm

Last Wednesday, I was the first person there at 6:30 am and three people showed up just after 7. There were about 10 people by 8 am and maybe 30 people by the time the box office opened at 10 am.

I was in row C, last 2 seats on the extreme left. We missed a little bit in the first scene in Dina's apartment all the way stage right, but when they went back to that location towards the end, the wall was pushed further out and we could see the scene better. We could probably see 90% of the stage.

Updated On: 10/30/17 at 05:18 PM

Myglass989
#41The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/1/17 at 8:15pm

Bump- planning to rush on Friday. Anyone have updates from this week? Thank you!

Willie4316
#42The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/1/17 at 11:12pm

Myglass989 said: "Bump- planning to rush on Friday. Anyone have updates from this week? Thank you!"

I tried tonight at 6:30, guy said come back at 7. Came at 7:15 and he said their all out

Myglass989
#43The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/3/17 at 2:35pm

Arrived about 6:20am. No one else showed up for about an hour, and by 8am there were 4-5 people in line. People came a bit more steadily after that, and when the box office opened I'd say there were about 20-25 people in line. Didn't stick around to see how many actually got tickets, after I got extreme side orchestra row C. As a short person I hope I can see most of the action... really looking forward to the show!

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns
#44The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/7/17 at 8:56am

Arrived at around 8:40 am today (Tuesday) and am ninth in line (tenth really, but the two in front of me are a pair and are only getting one each).

UPDATE: There were around 20 people come 10:00 am. I got seat B 11. Can’t wait!

Updated On: 11/7/17 at 08:56 AM

Orangetrees
#45The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/9/17 at 12:03am

In case anyone is looking to rush the weekend- I rushed last Saturday and was 5th in line at 7am

tmbyru Profile Photo
tmbyru
#46The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/10/17 at 8:25am

Thanks for the updates. Looking to rush this during the week soon. Seems like around 7 is a good time to show?

BluePurpleYellowRed
#47The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/10/17 at 1:18pm

Possibly dumb question - do they sell rush seats upon box office opening for both the matinee and the evening show on two show days? Or do they wait to start rush sales for the evening show only after the matinee ends? Just trying to decide how early to arrive. Thanks.

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#48The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/10/17 at 1:57pm

@tmbyru - maybe but who knows now that they have opened and have raves across the board.

chuckydisc
#49The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/10/17 at 3:00pm

BluePurpleYellowRed said: "Possibly dumb question - do they sell rush seats upon box office opening for both the matinee and the evening show on two show days? Or do they wait to start rush sales for the evening show only after the matinee ends? Just trying to decide how early to arrive. Thanks. "

All rush seats are available at box office opening.