My Fair Lady

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#1My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/23/17 at 10:33am

The member pre-sale worked a little slow but so happy that I was able to get my seats for Saturday 5/12.

Heads up: 

Harry Hadden-Paton will not appear in the following performances: June 15 at 8pm, June 16 at 2pm & 8pm, and June 17 at 3pm.

Updated On: 10/23/17 at 10:33 AM

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#2My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/23/17 at 10:36am

Got my ticket as well - site was awfully slow.  I also hate that you can't see all seating options at one time and select your seat.  They only show one seat at a time.  I got front row (C) because it was on an aisle and all other seats a bit further back were in the middle of a row.  How is front row for the VB?

broadfan327
#3My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/23/17 at 10:45am

I got my ticket for the night before the opening, fourth row center.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#4My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/23/17 at 10:49am

I got second row.  I always opt for as close as possible at the Beaumont.  I had front row for The King and I and was very happy.  There really isn’t a bad seat at this theater.

The Pecan Sandies
#5My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/23/17 at 11:07am

A very frustrating ticket buying experience but thrilled I was able to get row L on 3/31 on the aisle. I was offered front row but I was worried about it being to close. Good to know for next time that it’s a good seat

smidge
#6My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/23/17 at 11:27am

I know there have been complaints about the loge but for some reason it was the only thing available for the Saturday afternoon I wanted in April. It was front row center on the aisle. Is it really all that terrible?

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#7My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/23/17 at 11:37am

I was in the loge for The King and I. The view was just fine.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#8My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/23/17 at 11:37am

Saw King & I from the center loge and thought it was a wonderful view. Though I’ve heard complaints about leg room.

schubox
#9My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/23/17 at 11:53am

General onsale isn’t until the 29th right?

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#10My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/23/17 at 12:36pm

I got 2nd row center on the aisle (Row D).  Have they removed rows A and B for this production?  

The site was very slow, but I am am super pleased with my seats.  

My friend went to the box office this morning around 9:30 and there was about 100 people there waiting to purchase from the box office, so he opted to get online as well.  Crazy how long that line was.  Especially given that the online convenience fee is reduced for members as well. 

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#11My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/23/17 at 1:28pm

The website was super slow, and I was wondering why it only showed me one seat for only one of the dates in my range (May 8-13).  When I bought Junk and Oslo tickets, I was able to see the entire seat map and choose my seat and look at various dates.  I was confused about this, so let D in the 300s go, also wondering if it was too close.  Then I had to leave.  Came back 2.5 hours later and it still only showed me one seat per show, but this time at least it let me look at multiple dates.  Nothing left in the 300s, so I was sad, ended up in G 405, not an aisle, but it was all that was offered for May 12!  I called LCT, was on hold for an hour, and they only offered me 100s and 500s.  Is it selling out that quickly to members?

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#12My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/23/17 at 1:33pm

NYfanfromCA said: "The website was super slow, and I was wondering why it only showed me one seat for only one of the dates in my range (May 8-13). When I bought Junk and Oslo tickets, I was able to see the entire seat map and choose my seat and look at various dates. I was confused about this, so let D in the 300s go, also wondering if it was too close. Then I had to leave. Came back 2.5 hours later and it still only showed me one seat per show, but this time at least it let me look at multiple dates. Nothing left in the 300s, so I was sad, ended up in G 405, not an aisle, but it was all that was offered for May 12! I called LCT, was on hold for an hour, and they only offered me 100s and 500s. Is it selling out that quickly to members?"

I've never been able to see more than one seat at a time.  I'm a new member, so i just thought there was only one seat left the first time I bought tickets.  It wasn't until my second or third purchase that I realized there were other seats available, I just had to click on the look for other seats button.  

Not particularly a friendly interface, but can't go wrong with the price!  Happy to be a member.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#13My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/23/17 at 2:56pm

Hi Broadwayluv2 - I got row D too which was the 2nd row (Center/Right) so I think that they have removed rows A and B.

broadwaysfguy
#14My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/23/17 at 7:04pm

what time does the onsale start on 10/29?

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#15My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/23/17 at 8:15pm

At the VB you don't have to worry about the first few rows being below the stage. Given the unique thrust stage at the theater, I would recommend the first two rows either to the left or to the right of the orchestra pit. You're very nearly on stage yourself and you need no help in seeing the expressions on the actors' faces.

The second time that I saw The King and I, I was in the second row left, but right on the aisle. I was very surprised when, at the start of the ballet, Kelli O'Hara stepped up and sat down in the aisle on a little stool right next to me to watch the ballet. I admit that I was sneaking glances.

I also saw the show with a group from the loge and I and the woman next to me thought the view was fine. However the two women sitting to the left of us at intermission proclaimed that the seats were just too high. I really think that they were in a small minority.

When The King and I was selling tickets through Ticketmaster, you selected your seats from an attractive, 3D, color-coded display. For My Fair Lady, evidently LCT is not using Ticketmaster, but some organization called Tickets.Expert which has a pathetic, generic seating chart that does not show the true shape and location of the stage and the orchestra pit.

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#16My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/24/17 at 1:34pm

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I've looked around and haven't been able to find an answer yet. Is this an open-ended run? If not, when is it slated to close? 

NYfanfromCA
#17My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/24/17 at 2:49pm

MCfan2 said: "Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I've looked around and haven't been able to find an answer yet. Is this an open-ended run? If not, when is it slated to close?"

Looks like the calendar has performances scheduled through July 8, but I didn't read anything about a  closing date or limited run, so I suppose it will depend on how sales, previews, and reviews turn out.  Or when the contracts run out, or when the Vivian Beaumont is needed for another production.

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#18My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/24/17 at 2:51pm

broadwaysfguy said: "what time does the onsale start on 10/29?"

I am wanting to know this too. 

I have a drag show at 1pm and want to make sure I can grab tickets while I am painting. Haha. 

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#19My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/24/17 at 2:51pm

Yes, that's what had me wondering -- that July 8 thing. Thanks very much, NYfanfromCA! 

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#20My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/24/17 at 5:01pm

smidge said: "I know there have been complaints about the loge but for some reason it was the only thing available for the Saturday afternoon I wanted in April. It was front row center on the aisle. Is it really all that terrible?"

I find the Loge to be VERY high at this theater. I don't really like sitting up there.  I find it to be closer to a balcony level than a traditional mezz.   Front row center will have a nice view though.   If you are having 2nd thoughts I believe you can exchange your ticket since you are a lincoln center member.  I would rather sit last row of the orchestra than first row of the Loge.  

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#21My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/24/17 at 5:27pm

When should we expect to see a discount code for this and will we be seeing a discount code for this?  I can't recall if LCT has put one out for their previous musical revivals.

kofler22
#22My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/24/17 at 6:35pm

Are they only selling to lc members? 

greenifyme2
#23My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/24/17 at 10:28pm

I signed up for LincTix because of this show. Does anyone know when those will be available? Are the seats ok?

NYfanfromCA
#24My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/24/17 at 10:39pm

kofler22 said: "Are they only selling to lc members?"

Right now, yes.  Public sale starts on 10/29, according to the website.  Not sure what time, but assuming 10:00 AM EST.

sppunk
#25My Fair Lady
Posted: 10/25/17 at 10:13am

We’ll be in NYC Sunday - is dropping by the LC box office for this necessary or can I wait until home Monday at a computer?