pixeltracker

The BWW Tech Support Thread- Page 8

The BWW Tech Support Thread

mar6411
#175The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/17/23 at 3:45pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "The "back to the message board" button is not working on Desktop when reading a thread."

not working on my iPad or iPhone either

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#176The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/17/23 at 4:02pm

dramamama611 said: "Now its been 4 weeks since we first alerted you to the problem, and no fix, no comments, no sign that anyone there cares.

Oh, and now the search feature for the boards refused to actually search ( I could type in the search word and choose between subj only and subj/body... but it wouldn't actually DO anything.)
"

Because they don't care and that hasn't worked in a long long time along with other stuff.......

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#177The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/17/23 at 7:10pm

Still waiting for the android app to be functional. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#178The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/17/23 at 10:25pm

dramamama611 said: "Still waiting for the android app to be functional."

It's just the website with an app shell. Just put a shortcut to the website on your home screen. Same effect.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#179The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/17/23 at 11:27pm

But wouldn't it be nice if they just FIXED the app? Or make a statement that they aren't going to bother? Or acknowledge they know there is a problem?   

(But I had totally forgot that was a possiblitiy, so thanks.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#180The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 8:59am

I agree, dramamama611.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#181The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 12:26pm

Why do so few people use the OT board now? I notice the board is not featured under the "chat" banner anymore... do you all know it is still there? Or have you just (understandably) lost all interest?

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#182The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 2:20pm

1) I'm not able to post from iPhone/Safari. When I was previously able to post, when you go in to edit a post, the text goes beyond the confines of the screen width.

2) the list of topics has returned to the top of the Board, even for those who have that function turned off in settings.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#183The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 2:24pm

Edit not working for me on any platform.

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#184The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 2:26pm

Post issue should be fixed; we’ve been making a few back end improvements this week which will be in advance of some search improvements next week. 

apologies on the android issue, we have messages into the dev of that to see if it can be rectified 

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#185The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 2:27pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Edit not working for me on any platform."

Same.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#186The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 2:31pm

Yes, the topics list is back, despite me having it turned off in my settings.

Thanks Rob, for the check into the Android app!

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#187The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 2:39pm

replies should be fixed as well... Topic list, you might have to turn off and back on (sorry). 

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#188The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 2:41pm

Rob said: "replies should be fixed as well... Topic list, you might have to turn off and back on (sorry)."

I've done that a few times + cleared cache, but still shows up.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#189The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 2:46pm

I have an Android phone (Pixel). I just use the browser. For some reason it is one of the only sites that hasn't popped up as a shortcut but I just type in the letter "B" and it is the first site to pop up. Probably since I pop in a lot. Still wonder why it hasn't popped up as a shortcut in the three years I have had this phone.

Just give the world Love.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#190The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 2:47pm

The "report to mods" button doesnt work on mobile (hasnt for months) and now it does not work on desktop. Crazy spam threads offering fentanyl and free passports need to be deleted I would think, so please fix it. It seems your staff is very limited these days but waiting months for a simple fix is slightly ridiculous. 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#191The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 3:24pm

The "like" (thumb up) icon is not functioning.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#192The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 3:25pm

The Account > Settings link displays a page of yellow and orange code.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage
Updated On: 10/19/23 at 03:25 PM

TarHeelAlan
#193The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 4:33pm

Lot666 said: "The Account > Settings link display a page of yellow and orange code.

FWIW, it looks fine on both my Mac (Chrome browser) and my phone (Safari). 

TarHeelAlan
#194The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 4:36pm

Lot666 said: "The "like" (thumb up) icon is not functioning."

Seeing the same problem. 

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#195The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 4:51pm

And the account, thumbs up, and report links should all be happy again. More to come, as always. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#196The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 6:10pm

The option is view threads/topics isn't working now regardless of what my settings are.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#197The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 6:44pm

I too have turned topics on and off but they are still showing up.

Esther2 Profile Photo
Esther2
#198The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/18/23 at 9:20pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Why do so few people use the OT board now? I notice the board is not featured under the "chat" banner anymore... do you all know it is still there? Or have you just (understandably) lost all interest?"

It's still there, but not from the drop-down.  On the black band at the top of the page, there are three buttons - Main Board, Off Topic, and Buy/Sell.  That's the only way I've found to get there. 

JasonC3
#199The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 10/19/23 at 8:19am

Seemingly unable to edit posts this morning. When going to post an edited message, we get:
"We're sorry - An Error Occurred"