pixeltracker

Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!- Page 2

Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#25Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/16/17 at 12:21am

I don't keep up with performers contract dates but my guess is King George III in HAMILTON.

Just give the world Love.

wicked4l
#26Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/16/17 at 9:45am

I know he was in callbacks for HAMILTON a month or two back! I bet it's that!

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#27Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/16/17 at 11:39am

uncageg said: "I don't keep up with performers contract dates but my guess is King George III in HAMILTON."

HAMILTON seems more likely. Could be King George or even Laurens/Philip. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#28Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/16/17 at 11:43am

when he says tickets will sell fast, does he mean tickets are already sold out?? It’s probably Hamilton. Isn’t Medina out for the next two months?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#29Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/16/17 at 11:47am

Call_me_jorge said: "Isn’t Medina out for the next two months?"

What?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#30Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/16/17 at 11:52am

BroadwayConcierge said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Isn’t Medina out for the next two months?"

What?
"

I’m not too sure. That’s why I was asking. I do remember reading in the Replacement thread someone was taking a break. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#32Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/16/17 at 12:09pm

Honestly after KINKY BOOTS this really is a step down.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#34Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/16/17 at 12:19pm

ACL2006 said: "Maybe he's the next Billy Flynn in CHICAGO?"  You are right.  This is "interesting" news.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#35Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/16/17 at 12:29pm

Told you! Good for him. Maybe he's not available for a long contract for HAMILTON, or this is just a filler until he joins Hamilton in the Spring?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#36Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/16/17 at 12:47pm

I'm guessing filler. Don't think the cast will update for a while.

Gizmo6
#37Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/16/17 at 2:37pm

I like his videos but I just don't see/hear him as a Broadway actor. 

Those warbles in the trailer. 

Also is it rude to diss Wicked and Hamilton? Or just sass?

222disneyland
#38Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/16/17 at 11:50pm

was he good or bad in KB?

Regardless he has a job and must be really happy with chicago . He is employed while much of America does not have employment.

Updated On: 11/16/17 at 11:50 PM

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#39Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/17/17 at 11:25am

He was fantastic in Kinky Boots and I think by comparison joining the revolving door of Chicago is a step down career wise. But he's a very busy guy with a lot of his own projects going on, and he loves Broadway, so I'm sure when the offer came and he could make it work he was more than happy to take it.

We should all find ourselves so lucky. :)

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#40Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/17/17 at 12:54pm

Forgive my memory, but is this only the 2nd time a black man has played Billy Flynn? (After Usher?)

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#41Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/17/17 at 12:58pm

http://www.playbill.com/article/louis-gossett-jr-leaves-chicago-for-health-reasons-com-104166

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#42Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/17/17 at 1:28pm

Wayne Brady, Chuck Cooper, Brian McKnight, Taye Diggs, Norm Lewis, Eddie George & Hinton Battle have all played Billy Flynn before.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#43Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/17/17 at 7:49pm

I can't imagine he'll move the needle on Chicago's sales. I mean, he's doing it during the holidays, where it'll already be a slam dunk with tourists. Honestly, I don't get a Billy Flynn vibe from him, unless he changes it up and goes dark, like some Billys have.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#44Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/17/17 at 7:55pm

and Colman Domingo.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#45Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/17/17 at 9:00pm

Plus one of my personal favs Clarke Peters

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#46Todrick Hall is heading back to BROADWAY!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 10:47pm

And Ben Vereen on the tour.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel