antonijan
#25Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 5/16/18 at 1:33am

#PreBroadway

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#26Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 5/16/18 at 2:06am

Personally, I HATE all those Marilyn songs, they are just so dated and always done the same way.

The LESS one knows about icons is best. Let this person RIP and go watch her movies.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#27Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 5/16/18 at 9:37am

Acclaimed Broadway actress and singer Ruby Lewis stars as Marilyn. The show features 15 original numbers as well as famous songs like “Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend,” “My Heart Belongs to Daddy,” and "Happy Birthday, Mr. President."

Other cast members include Brittney Bertier as Norma Jeane, Frank Lawson as Charlie, Travis Cloer as Milton Greene, Chris Fore as Bill Pursel, Randal Keith as Darryl F. Zanuck, Christopher Showerman as Joe DiMaggio, Matthew Tyler as Arthur Miller, Lindsay Roginski as Jane Russell, Una Eggerts as Jayne Mansfield, and Chanel Edwards-Frederick as Ella Fitzgerald. You can also expect a rotating cast of celebrity guest performers in the lead and supporting roles.

The set will represent the era of Marilyn Monroe with a modern twist that retains the beauty and nostalgic elements of the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Marilyn! The New Musical is written, directed and produced by Tegan Summer, CEO of Prospect House Entertainment, in partnership with Authentic Brands Group, owner of the Estate of Marilyn Monroe.

Additional production credits include music and additional lyrics by Gregory Nabours, choreography by Ferly Prado, set design by Matt Steinbrenner and casting by Michael Donovan.

Preview shows begin May 23 with a grand opening on June 1, which is Marilyn’s birthday.

https://www.caesars.com/paris-las-vegas/shows/marilyn-the-new-musical#.Wvwz3e8vzcs

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#28Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 5/16/18 at 10:58am

Acclaimed Broadway actress and singer Ruby Lewis stars as Marilyn.

Are they p*uckin' serious with this?  Her ONLY Broadway credit is as Indigo in Cirque de Soleil's PARAMOUR (in 2016).  

There is another Ruby Lewis listed on IBDB with extensive Broadway credits but her last Broadway credit was in 1920.  I'm assuming the moron writing up the press info for MARILYN: The Musical didn't even bother to notice this. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#29Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 5/16/18 at 11:03am

She was good in Paramore, ha. But yeah.

lightguy06222
#30Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 5/16/18 at 2:21pm

she just did a stint in BAZ in Vegas.....  guess she's enjoying living there....

Alessio2
#31Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 5/16/18 at 5:04pm

She was also the lead in the We Will Rock You tour and was great. Very powerful pipes!

#32Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 5/16/18 at 6:31pm

I just watched Marilyn- An American Fable after not seeing it in 30 years... what a dreadful musical. Alyson Reed did what she could with a terrible score and she sure looked the part but what a mess of a show...

Sho-Tunes-R-Us Profile Photo
Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#33Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 5/25/18 at 1:53am

Anyone in Vegas attend the first preview tonight?

Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#35Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 5/31/18 at 5:16pm

Yikes....

Dolly80
#36Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 5/31/18 at 5:25pm

Wow it looks absolutely abysmal! What has she done to deserve being cast in Paramour. And then this?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#37Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 5/31/18 at 7:00pm

To quote the late great Bob Fosse’s advice to his dancers after being cast in one of his shows:

”Save your money.”

Show2n Profile Photo
Show2n
bk
#39Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 6/2/18 at 11:08pm

You will note that early on in this thread I said this creative team would do NOTHING to the show from what I saw at the workshop two years ago - reading the reviews I was completely and totally right.  The writer, producer, director is an amateur poseur who somehow has rooked people into paying for this - one has to admire that aspect, that someone could so hoodwink investors - the Estate of Marilyn Monroe?  Really?  Who ARE those people?  Seriously, who is the Estate of Marilyn Monroe, because if they seriously were the Estate, the real Estate they would never permit this travesty.  There are some talented folks involved, especially my friend, but they are in service to an amateur production straight down the line, from the writing, the songs, the "set", the "lighting" all of it.  Why on earth would the Paris have booked this thing?  And one radio reviewer said the producer told him they're still tweaking the show.  If they didn't tweak it after the horrendous workshop, why would they tweak it now?  Clearly this person of great delusion thinks he knows what he's doing and that his show is brilliant.  I mean, when you get a horrendous review on Broadway World, you know just how bad this thing is.

Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#40Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 6/4/18 at 2:25am

I give it two weeks.  And that's being generous.  Anyone else care to guess how long it lasts?

Condolences to the performers who will be out of work.

bk
#41Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 6/10/18 at 4:11am

Sho-Tunes-R-Us said: "I give it two weeks. And that's being generous. Anyone else care to guess how long it lasts?

Condolences to the performers who will be out of work.
"

Correct.  https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/marilyn-to-close-after-only-23-shows-on-las-vegas-strip/

thealtoslament Profile Photo
thealtoslament
#42Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 6/10/18 at 11:25am

"Sources familiar with the production say there was concern Friday afternoon that night’s show would not be staged because the performers had not been properly compensated."

Yeesh.

Impossible2
#43Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 6/10/18 at 11:31am

The guy sounds like a complete con man.

Oh well, feel sorry for the cast.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#45Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 6/10/18 at 12:14pm

I’d be very curious to know what the budget and weekly running costs of this are

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Demitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
#46Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 6/10/18 at 12:58pm

I don't think I've ever called up a seating chart for a show that has had as many available seats. The one article that mentioned only 50 to 75 seats were sold for some performances wasn't kidding ( I may be mistaken but I believe the theatre has 1200 seats). Here's the available seats for Tuesday's 7pm show. No wonder they were having problems meeting their payroll. I can't imagine what it's like for cast members playing to a practically empty house. Especially in such a large venue. Maybe it was heavily papered shortly before performances.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/marilyn-the-new-musical-starring-las-vegas-nevada-06-12-2018/event/390054769A122C3C?artistid=770398&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=207#efeat4212

Impossible2
#47Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 6/10/18 at 1:05pm

Demitri2 said: "I don't think I've ever called up a seating chart for a show that has had as many available seats. The one article that mentioned only 50 to 75 seats were sold for some performances wasn't kidding ( I may be mistaken but I believe the theatre has 1200 seats). Here's the available seats for Tuesday's 7pm show. No wonder they were having problems meeting their payroll. I can't imagine what it's like for cast members playing to a practically empty house. Especially in such a large venue. Maybe it was heavily papered shortly before performances.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/marilyn-the-new-musical-starring-las-vegas-nevada-06-12-2018/event/390054769A122C3C?artistid=770398&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=207#efeat4212
"

I went to La Reve in February and though it was nowhere near that bad, I'd say it was half full at best.

They actually cancelled KA the night I was going. They said it was for tech problems, but the seating plan wasn't far off that when I bought my tickets the day before.

That was February not summer though.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#48Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 6/10/18 at 1:19pm

Impossible2 said: 

They actually cancelled KA the night I was going. They said it was for tech problems, but the seating plan wasn't far off that when I bought my tickets the day before.

"

Ka had to cancel at least a week's worth of performances in February because of tech problems.

Impossible2
#49Marilyn!- the Musical in Las Vegas
Posted: 6/10/18 at 1:27pm

Blockhead24 said: "Impossible2 said:

"

Ka had to cancel at least a week's worth of performances in February because of tech problems.
"

Ah ok. Glad I had already seen it, I would've been pissed if I'd have missed it.