pixeltracker

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?- Page 14

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?

TravisOKC
#325Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/20/18 at 2:27am

LarryD2 said: "Carmen Cusack is nearly 50."

She's 47, and your point? Carmen was 45 during Bright Star she and convincingly played a teenager. Sara is almost 40, should that stop her from playing Jenna?

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#326Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/20/18 at 8:39am

Unless its for two months because they have their tour starting up in May

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#327Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/20/18 at 8:49am

Miles2Go2 said: "Am I correct that he was not well received on Broadway previously?"

I thought he was wonderful in Wicked, and a sweetheart at the stage door. 

VintageSnarker
#328Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/20/18 at 9:06am

TravisOKC said: "LarryD2 said: "Carmen Cusack is nearly 50."

She's 47, and your point? Carmen was 45 duringBright Star she and convincingly played a teenager. Sara is almost 40, should that stop her from playing Jenna?
"

The actress playing Jenna has to look like she could convincingly have just gotten pregnant for the first time. And that's to say nothing of how age affects how the audience might feel about her choices, relationships, etc. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#329Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/20/18 at 12:13pm

Well that wasn’t shocking https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Joey-McIntyre-Returns-to-Broadway-as-Dr-Pomatter-in-WAITRESS-Feb-Apr-20181220

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 12/20/18 at 12:13 PM

Jakeevan942
#330Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/20/18 at 12:14pm

And Joey McIntrye it is, going into the show from February to April, 9 week run.

ETA: And someone beat me to it-See above.

Updated On: 12/20/18 at 12:14 PM

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#331Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/20/18 at 8:49pm

WldKingdomHM said: "Miles2Go2 said: "Am I correct that he was not well received on Broadway previously?"

I thought he was wonderful in Wicked, and a sweetheart at the stage door.
"

I didn’t mean to imply he would be anything less than wonderful. I just know Broadway can be unforgiving to pop stars especially boy band members. Sounds like he has a lot of goodwill going into the show. Good!

BTW I loved Jason Mraz in Waitress (I know he’s not a boy band-er, but I went in with low expectations and they were totally exceed; I’d gladly see him on Broadway again) and Ricky Martin in Evita (I know it’s a polarizing opinion, but I liked his performance a lot). 

P.S. Autocorrect originally had changed the above to: “Ricky Martin In Elvira.”  For some reason, I can’t stop laughing. 

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#332Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/20/18 at 8:59pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Well that wasn’t shockinghttps://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Joey-McIntyre-Returns-to-Broadway-as-Dr-Pomatter-in-WAITRESS-Feb-Apr-20181220"

I have been dying to see what he would do back in Broadway. Would love to see him in this but can’t realky justify it. 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#333Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/20/18 at 9:04pm

Babe, Just buy a ticket now and call it a Christmas present to yourself.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#334Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/21/18 at 11:28pm

Has Sara B. or Gavin announced any out days yet? I think I'm going to see WAITRESS after the last BroadwayCon day at 7

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#335Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/22/18 at 8:11am

Sara has no scheduled days off. Plus she has excellent attendance. I think she was really sick during her last run and missed maybe three performances? But if she's healthy she's on.

jbird5
#336Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/22/18 at 8:19am

If you go to Ticketmaster, it will say Waitress with Sara Bareilles if she is scheduled to be in. I think she missed 4 1/2 shows last time. She left at intermission Thursday and didnt return until Sunday night. Again that was due to illness.

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#337Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/22/18 at 11:04am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Has Sara B. or Gavin announced any out days yet? I think I'm going to see WAITRESS after the last BroadwayCon dayat 7"

As they will have joined only a few days earlier, I think you’ll be fine. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

Sarah329
#338Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/23/18 at 4:36pm

How long will it be before they announce whos following Sara as Jenna at the time when Joey is in the show? Id love to buy tickets but wondering who Jenna will be.

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#339Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/26/18 at 10:55am

Miles2Go2 said: "Babe, Just buy a ticket now and call it a Christmas present to yourself."

I'm seeing NKOTB for the zillionth time this spring, so it would be sort of ridiculous for me to do this too, lol. 

Danielle49
#340Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/26/18 at 2:17pm

Updated On: 1/3/19 at 02:17 PM

Danielle49
#341Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 1/3/19 at 11:02am

For anyone looking for a discount code: THM3 works for the entirety of the Creel/Bareilles run and through 3/3. Just picked up a mezz row K for $49! Orchestra/front mezz is $89.

Updated On: 1/3/19 at 11:02 AM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#342Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 1/3/19 at 11:16am

Thanks for the head's up! Should I try for the rush line for Saturday 1/12 for $40 Orch seats and risk being late for BroadwayCon or should I just buy the $49 ticket now?

KathyNYC2
#343Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 1/3/19 at 11:36am

Babe_Williams said: "Miles2Go2 said: "Babe, Just buy a ticket now and call it a Christmas present to yourself."

I'm seeing NKOTB for the zillionth time this spring, so it would be sort of ridiculous for me to do this too, lol.

"

Really? I mean it's up to you if you want buy a ticket or not...but seeing someone in a band is completely different than seeing someone act/sing in a Broadway show playing someone other than himself.  Plus you get to see a show. So I don't see the ridiculous aspect of this.  Again..your choice.

JSquared2
#344Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 1/3/19 at 12:22pm

Has there been any word on how long Chris Fitzgerald is staying with the show, and who the next "Joe" (or "Jo" ) will be after June Squibb?

Updated On: 1/3/19 at 12:22 PM

eponine2
#345Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 1/3/19 at 12:31pm

Thank you for posting the discount code Danielle49!

Let's go

MannPhan24601
#346Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 1/17/19 at 2:30pm

Still nothing on the next Jenna replacement ?

zainmax
#347Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 1/17/19 at 3:51pm

Might not be one!

WestEndGal
#348Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 1/17/19 at 9:01pm

MannPhan24601 said: "Still nothing on the next Jenna replacement ?"

Unless they’re getting a name who can sell tickets as the next Jenna, I’d quite like Stephanie Torns to be given the role for a few months, rather than just as the interim Jenna. When you think about it, she played Jenna for 3+ months last year which is kinda insane for an understudy when you think about it .... 1 month after Sara’s stint before Kat Mcaphee joined; 2 weeks between Kat McPhee’s initial stint ending and her rejoining; 1 week when Kat McPhee was off because her dad passed away; 3 weeks before Nicolette Robinson joined; and 1 month before Sara joined again! I’ve probably missed some dates also!! 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#349Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 1/17/19 at 9:13pm

Torns was my Jenna when I saw Waitress in November 2017 and she was phenomenal. But at this point in its run, Waitress box office receipts reveal it needs a star attraction as Jenna to sell tickets at a profitable rate. If it is going to close anyway, they should give it to Torns. She has earned it. But if they want to keep it running, theyll need another Jenna that can attract tourists and repeat visits.