pixeltracker

Places to Eat in Times Square- Page 2

Places to Eat in Times Square

GF21
#25Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 2:39pm

dmwnc1959 said: "^ ^ ^ Anyone ever eaten at Luke’s Lobster in City Kitchen on 8th Ave near W 44th St? I saw this chain on the Food Channel and have always wanted to try them."

I had the shrimp roll at Luke's. Excellent but, as others have said, a bit expensive for what you get.

I like Beer Culture on 45th bet. 8th and 9th - great beer selection and tasty brats, tots, burgers and sausages.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#26Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 2:57pm

I was in City Kitchen once when I was killing time before a show. I was dealing with an intermittent killer toothache at the time and wasn’t particularly hungry so just had coffee, I believe. It was a nice place to chill out and I’m sure it will provide needed air-conditioning. You won’t get a full meal necessarily, but as long as you only get a single food item and drink, I’m guessing it’ll be cheaper than a sit down restaurant in Times Square area. Personally, I haven’t felt a desire to return, but if I needed a quick bite out of the weather, I might.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#27Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 3:02pm

I am a HUGE fan of Luke's shrimp roll. It is pricey, but it's filling!

If you have the time, I'd also suggest walking to Gotham West Market, although that's also not cheap.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#28Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 3:12pm

I had a lobster roll at one of those street food vendors over by Duffy Square. As I recall, it was quite yummy. Can’t compare it to Luke’s, of course, since I haven’t had one (unless that booth is also Luke’s). There is outdoor seating nearby although it stays pretty occupied. Of course, it isn’t as comfy like City Kitchen and of course there’s no A/C. Lol

Also, doesn’t Herald Square (or is it Union Square) have a food street vendor festival sometimes?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#29Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 3:15pm

I always tell people to walk over to 9th Avenue and take their pick! Right now i am addicted to Blue Ribbon Chicken at 50th and 9th. The bleu cheese chicken sandwich is my favorite.

Just give the world Love.

LizzieCurry
#30Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 3:16pm

Herald Square has the Pennsy market now, which is kind of like City Kitchen.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#31Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 3:39pm

It's a stone's throw from Times Square, but if you're willing to head towards Hell's Kitchen, the Theatre Row Diner right by YoTel is delicious and cheap. I recommend the Devil's Muffaletta sandwich, but the Cheesesteak is a great Baltimore-style cheesesteak (a few more ingredients and slightly less "artificial" than a traditional Philly).

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#32Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 4:06pm

Another vote for City Kitchen; big fan. The Mexican restaurant in there is very good and Dough has some excellent doughnuts. Also, last time I was there between a matinee and evening performance I saw a handful of actors from various shows, so that was fun.

This is Thai, but Room Service on 9th is also excellent; fast and relatively cheap.

LxGstv
#33Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 4:10pm

LizzieCurry said: "I am a HUGE fan of Luke's shrimp roll. It is pricey, but it's filling!

If you have the time, I'd also suggest walking to Gotham West Market, although that's also not cheap.
"

I love Gotham West Market, but if you are venturing that far west I would recommend 44 and X or Pio Pio, both excellent options... they are a bit pricier than Gotham West Market though...

LizzieCurry
#34Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 4:21pm

Pio Pio is delicious but each time I've gone (not under my own willpower after the first time) has given me the WORST audio experience of any restaurant in NYC. Everything is concrete and the sound bounces back into your ears that it makes you forget how good the food tastes. I'd only go back for takeout.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#35Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 6:22pm

Oh, the ramen place at Gotham West is AWESOME.   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#36Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 6:42pm

I love City Kitchen for the convenience and the variety. My typical dinner there is the duck shawarma from Box, a blueberry soda from Luke’s, and a doughnut from Dough for dessert. My husband goes for the ramen or tacos. I’ve also done the lobster roll and I like it. I haven’t found the prices any better or worse than anywhere else in Times Square.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#37Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 7:01pm

Question on City Kitchen. My husband has difficulties with stairs. I understand that the food court is on the second floor of the Row Hotel. Is there an escalator or convenient elevator access?

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#38Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 7:05pm

Elevator as I recall.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#39Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 7:07pm

Here’s a link to their website:

https://citykitchen.rownyc.com/city-kitchen-is-real/

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#40Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 7:09pm

Yes...an elevator at BOTH entrances (on 8th and on 44th).  It's connected to the Row Hotel so some of the seating is actually in their lounge area (and nothing trying to prevent you from accessing (although some seats ARE down stairs in that area)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

LxGstv
#41Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 7:40pm

dramamama611 said: "Oh, the ramen place at Gotham West is AWESOME. "

Totto Ramen has really good ramen and it’s also in the neighborhood... the one on 52nd between 8th and 9th is always crowded though, they have another location on 51st close to 10th Avenue that you won’t have to wait in line...

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Big Apple2
#42Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 7:49pm

Juniors on 49th Street was very average at best the last time we ate there. They were definitely going for bigger portion sizes (quantity) rather than quality. Enjoyed our meals more at Ippudo, which is a few blocks away from TS.

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#43Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/14/18 at 7:59pm

Thanks! (for elevator info)
Since this thread has broadened a bit from the original locations, let me add a couple of other faves.
A trip isn't complete without a stop at the legendary Joe Allen restaurant on 46th for a burger, lobster roll, or liver and onions beneath the posters on the infamous Flop Wall.

For a quick, dependable, NY coffee shop diner breakfast or meal, the Red Flame on 44th & 6th is convenient to hotels on 44th, E of Broadway and the Belasco Theater with long hours.  (Also the Long Room Irish pub and Cafe Un Deux Trois for French)

BroadwayNoob
#44Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/15/18 at 12:00am

Last time I was in the city I got a guacamole ranch burger from 5 Napkin Burger and it was literally the best burger I've ever had. It was inexpensive (for the city), super quick, and the staff was friendly. 

LightsOut90
#45Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/15/18 at 12:22am

amazed at all the love City Kitchen is getting, its so expensive and the portions are terrible. 

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#46Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/15/18 at 12:52am

What does everyone reccomend for sushi?

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#47Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/15/18 at 1:20am

Here’s a link from the Times Square website related to Japanese restaurants. I am also interested in sushi places really anywhere in Manhattan as my favorite Japanese/Brazilian fusion place (Sushi Samba) closed and now I don’t know where to get awesome Japanese food including sushi in New York. 

https://www.timessquarenyc.org/locations/dining?page=1&filter1=Japanese&filter2=all&search= 

Updated On: 8/15/18 at 01:20 AM

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#48Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/15/18 at 1:57am

My favs.

Hells Kitchen
B-Squared
Juniors
Victors Cafe
Guantanamera

Not to be confused with Dave19.

HSky
#49Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 8/15/18 at 7:57am

suicidalmickeymouse said: "What does everyone reccomend for sushi?"

Depending on how much I feel like spending,  I either go to Kodama Sushi across from Kinky Boots for a true sit down or to Wasabi on 40th and 7th, which is a casual grab and go counter place.

Other various repeat faves are Juniors, John's Pizzeria, Don Antonio, Ippudo, Red Poke, Bonchon, Gotham West (dessert from Ample Hills!), and 5 Napkin Burger. Depending on timing you might also be able to get into Becco between reservations (or plan ahead and make one) for their all-you-can-eat pasta deal that changes daily.

Updated On: 8/15/18 at 07:57 AM