#125THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 11/3/18 at 4:25am

Yes, it is in the script.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#126THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 11/3/18 at 8:04am

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Is that a young Jez Butterwoth in the photo on the wall?

cali8
#127THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 11/3/18 at 11:54am

TotallyEffed said: "Something happened right after the prologue that confused and concerned me. The lampshade on the table went up in flames from a candle sitting near it. The actors didn’t break and continued their dialogue as if nothing was happening. One grabbed a fire extinguisher from the kitchen, put the fire out, and went on with the scene. Is this in the script? It really took me out of the scene for a bit because I was so nervous and confused."

Yes, I think Caitlin has a line about the lampshade being on fire.

sppunk
#128THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 11/3/18 at 8:14pm

TotallyEffed said: "I saw the show tonight and absolutely loved it. I can’t wait to read the script.

Something happened right after the prologue that confused and concerned me. The lampshade on the table went up in flames from a candle sitting near it. The actors didn’t break and continued their dialogue as if nothing was happening. One grabbed a fire extinguisher from the kitchen, put the fire out, and went on with the scene. Is this in the script? It really took me out of the scene for a bit because I was so nervous and confused.
"

Yes. It’s in the script and was done in London - I assumed they wouldn’t go with real flames in NYC but good for them!

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#129THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 11/4/18 at 12:07pm

Looking into getting the cheapest seats I can and looking into the $59. Has anyone sat in Row G of the far side mezzanine? I've noticed there's a railing in front and wondering if it affects the view at all. I'd be getting an aisle seat as well so hopefully legroom isn't a problem.

cmstygar
#130THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 11/5/18 at 9:04pm

We had rush seats yesterday, Sunday November 4th. Got the last 2 seats in Right Orchestra G - 16 and 18, I think. Second in line around 10am. I sat in the last seat, EXTREMELY partial view - couldn't see half to two-thirds of the stage from my seat. It was very hard to stay engaged and follow what was going on when you didn't know who was speaking or on stage at different points. I wouldn't pay for rush seats again in that location. My husband sat in 16 and didn't seem to struggle as much as I did, but agreed that much was missed. Just wanted to throw in my experience, in hopes to help others.

mamaleh
#131THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 11/6/18 at 5:06pm

Delete.   Saw the info I needed above. 

Updated On: 11/6/18 at 05:06 PM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#132THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 11/6/18 at 6:06pm

cmstygar said: "We had rush seats yesterday, Sunday November 4th. Got the last 2 seats inRight Orchestra G -16 and 18, I think. Second in line around 10am.I sat in the last seat, EXTREMELY partial view -couldn't see half to two-thirds of the stage from my seat. It was very hard to stay engaged and follow what was going on when you didn't know who was speaking or on stage at different points. I wouldn't pay for rush seats again in that location. My husband sat in 16 and didn't seem to struggle as much as I did, but agreed that much was missed. Just wanted to throw in my experience, in hopes to help others."

Thank you for posting. A friend and I were planning to rush. It doesn't sound as though it's a good deal, if the view is that obstructed. 

cmstygar
#133THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 11/7/18 at 12:01am

I guess some of the rush seats could be better than that? But ours were definitely pretty bad. I don't know what the others in line got. 

MadsonMelo
#134THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 11/7/18 at 6:07am

I had great rush seat but it was that Thursday matinee at November 1 and maybe it was the reason.

I think the only I really missed was the lightning scene with one of the aunts. Maybe other but feels like a really great seat. I’m not with my ticket but it was left orchestra, not the last seat tho.

mamaleh
#135THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 11/8/18 at 8:07am

I got a pretty good rush seat at a midweek matinee:  Orch M17.   It was marked "partial view," but the box office guy was right:  it was a pretty good view.  I didn't miss anything.  By the way, I recommend house left over house right, as much occurs on the staircase on the far right side. I arrived at the box office at approximately 8:05 a.m. and was fourth in line.  The next person didn't arrive until 8:20 or so, and the line didn't really elongate until well after 9.  

I was enthralled for practically the entire three and a quarter hours.  It is an engaging and powerful play, right down to the gasp-inducing ending, perhaps predictable but nonetheless packing a punch.  Side note: Every parent of a fussy baby will gaze in amazement at the perfect behavior of the baby (a few rotate in the role) on stage. 

C4b2a3b
#136THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 11/17/18 at 12:21pm

How is front row BB at Ferryman? Is the stage very high? I would assume not with my experience at Color Purple and Iceman, but I wanted to check. 

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#137THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 11/27/18 at 5:05am

Magnificent. 

One of the great plays of all time.

plaything
#138THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 11/29/18 at 1:13pm

Saw this from the mezz, grabbed a last minute deal. Total brilliance. 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#139THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 3/24/19 at 1:20pm

Has anyone seen the new cast?

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#140THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 3/24/19 at 1:45pm

TotallyEffed said: "Has anyone seen the new cast?"

Sure have! I was hesitant because I loved the original cast so much and saw them twice. But damn - this new company is stellar. They fit into the show like a glove, and I didn’t pick out any weak links. Even at a third viewing, the show clicked along and I was constantly engaged and immersed in the world of the play. 

I did see them during their first week, so I’m sure they’ve only gotten stronger and more comfortable. But I doubt any audience member there for the first time that night had no idea the cast was brand new. 

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#141THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 3/24/19 at 3:02pm

I'm glad to hear the show is still in good shape, though I imagine the cast change will have a big impact on the originals' nomination possibilities. Of course Laura Donnelly already won the Olivier, but I really want Dearbhla Molloy to snag a Featured Actress nomination. Her explosion at Thatcher is my favorite part of the play.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#142THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 3/24/19 at 3:57pm

This cast change happened so suddenly and I was totally unaware. Not sure how I missed the announcements. Glad to hear the show is still amazing.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#143THE FERRYMAN Previews
Posted: 3/27/19 at 1:08pm

Saw the show last night and was blown away. For a new cast they are in great shape, not a weak link in the bunch - I'm sure mix of new cast, London cast, and original Broadway cast help elevate everyone. It's my first time seeing the show, and was worried the long running time would kill me. But I don't think there was anything that felt extraneous or slowed the play down. It really flew and I wanted more of the family! I didn't realize I was practically holding my breath as the last 10 minutes of the thing played out, I was so enveloped by it all. Definitely see it if you can, I'm glad they held it over from the fall. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008