pixeltracker

Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall- Page 2

Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#25Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 1/28/19 at 7:39pm

EJ24642 said: "Phillytheatreguy10 said: "Who was added/subtracted talent-wise in the latest lab?"

I know Amber Ardolino from the ensemble of Head Over Heels was added, but I'm not sure who else was. Based onsocial media posts I think the cast will be the same as the lab.
"

I believe Sean Montgomery didn't participate (since he was doing the White Christmas tour). Hoping he comes back in for the Broadway production!

ElphabaGoodman
#26Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 1/28/19 at 7:47pm

Kitsune said: "EJ24642 said: "Phillytheatreguy10 said: "Who was added/subtracted talent-wise in the latest lab?"

I know Amber Ardolino from the ensemble of Head Over Heels was added, but I'm not sure who else was. Based onsocial media posts I think the cast will be the same as the lab.
"

I believe Sean Montgomery didn't participate (since he was doing the White Christmas tour). Hoping he comes back in for the Broadway production!
"

Ari Groover, from the Head Over Heels ensemble, joined the cast as a swing and presumably the Frankie u/s, for the lab. Ken Clark was there in place of Sean Montgomery.

theaterdarling
#27Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 1/28/19 at 7:50pm

This quote from the NYT article does not exactly speak of a major overhaul some of us thought was needed--don't know if "many, many little" changes will do the trick, but we shall see:

"In an interview, the producers said the show is being revised somewhat after its last production. “We were quite happy with the work we did on our original musical, but you can always keep improving, and the changes we have made are many, many little ones that add up to a more streamlined, layered, and deeper show,” Ms. Price said. “The world has continued to change, and that has affected the writing and the direction.”

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#28Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 1/28/19 at 7:52pm

Thats to their detroment, then. Stupid stupid decision.

theaterlyfe19
#29Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 1/29/19 at 8:24am

Or y'know, people could wait to see it instead of automatically assuming it will be bad...

hamiltonstradition
#30Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 1/29/19 at 8:36am

EJ24642 said: "Phillytheatreguy10 said: "Who was added/subtracted talent-wise in the latest lab?"

"

Amber has taken over for Whitney Spraysberry as the MJ/Bella dance double. 

Jordan Catalano
#31Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 1/29/19 at 10:08am

theaterlyfe19 said: "Or y'know, people could wait to see it instead of automatically assuming it will be bad..."

But I have seen it. That’s why I wrote what I wrote. 

mailhandler777
#32Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 1/29/19 at 11:02am

hamiltonstradition said: "EJ24642 said: "Phillytheatreguy10 said: "Who was added/subtracted talent-wise in the latest lab?"

"

Amber has taken over for Whitney Spraysberry as the MJ/Bella dance double.

"

Amber also played Kelsey in the lab. Maybe Jo's girlfriend is gonna be a character now. 

Ari Grover(I think that's her name) also from Head Over Heels was added too.

Heather Lang is the other lady that was added. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)
Updated On: 1/29/19 at 11:02 AM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#33Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 1/29/19 at 11:57am

I'm excited for this, but it certainly does need editing. If not, that will be a really big disservice to this show. It's fine to have an issues based show. I actually welcome most of what was featured here. The problem is, not everything needed to be in it. And yes, I can say this as having seen it and not because of what others have said. It's great if nobody else finds anything wrong with it, but it doesn't invalidate what others think.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Chowd95 Profile Photo
Chowd95
#34Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 1/31/19 at 12:58pm

I really hope this does well because I love the source material so much. Jagged Little Pill is a powerhouse album that, despite its detractors, will never age. Every song is a masterpiece.. if they can tighten up what little wasn't great about the Boston run then this could be something really special.

Jordan Catalano
#35Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 1/31/19 at 1:30pm

Every song is a masterpiece. However, even though they did use a few songs from other albums, trying to limit themselves to mainly this one album hurts the narrative. Off the top of my head, a reworked duet between mother & daughter of “You Owe Me Nothing In Return” at the end and maybe even a reworked duet of “A Man” for Mary Jane & Tom, both from Under Rug Swept, would have really added to the characters.

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#36Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 1/31/19 at 1:32pm

I was randomly at Rise the other night talking to a guy who said he's connected with the show (cant remember in what way), but he said that a lot of story has been cut out. Take it with a grain of salt tho.

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?
Updated On: 1/31/19 at 01:32 PM

theaterlyfe19
#37Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 2/4/19 at 8:27am

The Bands VIsit just posted a closing notice for April-could JLP be taking that theater??

ElphabaGoodman
#38Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 2/4/19 at 8:34am

theaterlyfe19 said: "The Bands VIsit just posted a closing notice for April-could JLP be taking that theater??"

A musical that was off-Broadway in 2018 and received crititcal acclaim is going into the Barrymore 

theaterlyfe19
#39Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 2/4/19 at 8:45am

ElphabaGoodman said: "theaterlyfe19 said: "The Bands VIsit just posted a closing notice for April-could JLP be taking that theater??"

A musical that was off-Broadway in 2018 and received crititcal acclaim is going into the Barrymore
"

Shoot I didn't read the whole notice, basically just the headline--is that what it said? Then...maybe....Girl From The North Country? Long shot?

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#40Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 2/4/19 at 8:50am

My guess is Girl From The North Country at the Barrymore, Jagged Little Pill at the Bernard Jacobs if The Ferryman does not extend. 

YvanEhtNioj
#41Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 2/19/19 at 11:31am

Have you guys heard their first release? "All I Really Want" was never one of the songs of her's that stuck out, but I love what they've done with it.

Any thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeyFs-DoCDQ

WayTooBroadway Profile Photo
WayTooBroadway
#42Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 5/3/19 at 10:09am

At the Broadhurst Theatre.

Previews Sunday, November 3, 2019, with an official opening night of Thursday, December 5, 2019.

"When the audience comes in, it changes the temperature of what you've written." -Stephen Sondheim

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#43Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 5/3/19 at 10:13am

Excited for this one!!! 

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#44Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 5/3/19 at 10:28am

Can’t wait! Now we need a cast announcement. 

Updated On: 5/3/19 at 10:28 AM

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#45Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 5/3/19 at 10:29am

Exciting! I hope they're still working on it and making the necessary edits. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#46Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 5/3/19 at 11:10am

What's up with these month long preview periods (probably at full price tickets too)? Bring the show to broadway when it's actually ready :

As for that press release, good God I hope they don't add even more subplots to make sure they touch on Russian hacking and white supremacy to be #omgSoWoke

Do you think they'll recast at all? Idina was attached as the mom at some point, wasn't she?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

OhHiii
#47Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 5/3/19 at 11:14am

Valentina3 said: "What's up with these month long preview periods (probably at full price tickets too)? Bring the show to broadway when it's actually ready :

As for that press release, good God I hope they don't add even more subplots to make sure they touch on Russian hacking and white supremacy to be #omgSoWoke

Do you think they'll recast at all? Idina was attached as the mom at some point, wasn't she?
"

Preview periods are often about a month long...

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#48Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 5/3/19 at 11:19am

Yeah, a month isn't an unusual preview length.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

YvanEhtNioj
#49Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
Posted: 5/3/19 at 11:49am

My friend Logan is transferring with the production! Can't wait to see him make his debut.

I'm so excited for this show