pixeltracker

Jussie Smollett violently attacked- Page 2

Jussie Smollett violently attacked

FindingNamo
#25Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/18/19 at 2:30pm

Racism, wow. It's really just a totally made up thing, isn't it, shrugger?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

\_(•_•)_/ Profile Photo
\_(•_•)_/
#26Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/18/19 at 2:34pm

PLEASE quote me where I say Racism is a made up thing? I’m genuinely curious where I say that?

I’m saying Jussie made this hate crime up.

It’s sad cause it takes away from ACTUAL hate crimes that people go through, and ACTUAL racism.

FindingNamo
#27Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/18/19 at 2:56pm

No no you're totally right. The cops and grand juries are known for doing absolutely nothing to black men in America for fear of being called racist. Because once called out for so-called "racist" actions, those cops are automatically fired, no questions asked.  You're TOTALLY right.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#28Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/18/19 at 4:18pm

_(•_&bullJussie Smollett violently attacked_/ said: "quote me where I say Racism is a made up thing"

You got it.

Impossible2
#29Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/18/19 at 4:31pm

_(•_&bullJussie Smollett violently attacked_/ said: "Not jump to conclusions?

It’s pretty obvious there was no attack. But they can’t say that, cause then the Chicago PD will be “racist” and it will be more ammo for black culture against police.

He lied, plain and simple. Theres no evidence, he refuses to corporate with police. Wouldn't you hand over your phone to catch the people that did you harm? Wouldn't you alert security ASAP?? Wouldn't you take the noose off your neck immediately? Wouldn't the hotel security see the noose and you severely beaten? Why are there racist trump supporters in chicago at 2 am on one of the coldest nights of the year screaming MAGA? Why did Jussie claim they were white rednecks then they turn out to be Nigerian empire extras? Why are racist whites watching Empire to begin with? Why did he bring up Maga in the second interview and not the first?

It’s pretty clear none of these make sense, and that he lied. I believed him 100% untill the cracks in his story started to catch up with him.

His case is now going to the grand jury, and I’m sure he will walk away with a slap on the wrist, don’t want the grand jury being called racist now do we?

"

Calm down Beyonce...

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#30Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/19/19 at 4:51am

In any case, Jussie claiming they were white rednecks shouting racial slurs, but turning out to be Nigerian empire extras, IS made up racism from Jussie.

If nothing else, that is very twisted and dangerous and he should explain himself in court for that, regardless of a physical attack or other things he made up.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#31Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/19/19 at 2:58pm

Super disappointing news out today-- Jussie apparently rehearsed the attack with the brothers, and paid them $3500 prior to the incident and $500 after. Now a vague sort of motive has come out: a week before the incident Jussie received a letter in the mail containing white powder of some kind. When FOX execs didn't give it the alarmed attention Jussie thought due, this staged attack was Jussie's retaliation, sort of.

Poor kid-- he was a beautiful sweet kid with talent who just torpedoed his career. I wanna feel anger but I just feel so sad.

Theatre Fan3
#32Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/19/19 at 8:47pm

And now it is being reported that Empire's writers are scrabbling to remove Jussie's character from future episodes ... guess that pretty much sums it up that the shows producers have now rethought their "unwavering support" of him.

ArtMan
#33Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/19/19 at 10:18pm

When all the facts are out, I wonder if shows like The Real ( who finger pointed and made strong accusations when the story first came out) will address it or sweep it under the rug.  Host Loni Love had some really strong opinions without knowing all the facts.  My guess is they will ignore the story. 

Updated On: 2/19/19 at 10:18 PM

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#34Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/19/19 at 10:53pm

^The View was quite critical today.

ArtMan
#35Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/19/19 at 11:35pm

Tag, I sought (based on your post) videos and/or comments The View hosts stated.  I have to applaud them, especially Sunny (who I'm not a fan of) for her response.  Unfortunately, I don't see the hosts of The Real doing the same thing.  They have a different agenda when it comes to their topics and discussions.  If they prove me wrong, then I will be the first to admit it.  Note:  I normally don't watch The Real, but I get their station mixed up with reruns of Jerry Springer.smiley

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#36Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/20/19 at 6:09am

Him "receiving a letter on set" is hardly a motive. I think he fabricated that letter himself, as it contained the same MAGA things. So the letter and the attack are basically the same, the lack of attention on his first action only made him angrier but the basis of the actions are the same.

He wanted attention, he wanted to milk the victim role. I think the 2 motives are: using the victim role to get forward and trying to get attention/fame.

Updated On: 2/20/19 at 06:09 AM

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#37Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/20/19 at 11:10am

I thought his acting in the Robbin Roberts interview was horrible. 

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#38Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/20/19 at 6:51pm

There is an old saying I very much believe' Two can keep a secret- if one of them is dead". 

Something like this was certain to be found out.

Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence, accomplishments or capabilities.

In its modern usage, hubris denotes overconfident pride combined with arrogance. Hubris is often associated with a lack of humility.. Sometimes a person's hubris is also associated with ignorance. The accusation of hubris often implies that suffering or punishment will follow, similar to the occasional pairing of hubris and nemesis in Greek mythology. The proverb "pride goeth (goes) before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall" (from the biblical Book of Proverbs 16:18) is thought to sum up the modern use of hubris. Hubris is also referred to as "pride that blinds" because it often causes a committer of hubris to act in foolish ways that belie common sense. In other words, the modern definition may be thought of as, "that pride that goes just before the fall."

Islander_fan
#39Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/20/19 at 8:49pm

NY Times article: Jussie Smolette indicted on charge that he faked his own death

If you thought this was bad, it just got worse for him.

Updated On: 2/20/19 at 08:49 PM

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#40Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/20/19 at 11:15pm

Islander_fan said: "NY Times article: Jussie Smolette indicted on charge that he faked his own death

How does one fake their own death? 

FindingNamo
#41Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/21/19 at 12:00am

Petralicious did it dozens of times.

Islander_fan
#42Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/21/19 at 12:25am

CarlosAlberto said: "Islander_fan said: "NY Times article: Jussie Smolette indicted on charge that he faked his own death

How does one fake their own death?

I just logged back on now to amend what I wrote. I Just powered up my phone and got a push alert from the Times that reads "Correction: The actor Jussie Smollett was not indicted by a grand jury. He was charged by prosecutors and accused of staging his own assault." 

"

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#43Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/21/19 at 2:31am

I think Jesse and I mean this seriously; has a slight personality disorder.

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#44Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/21/19 at 7:40am

This just in.....

CHICAGO (AP) - Chicago police spokesman: 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett turns self in on accusation of making false police report.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Theatre Fan3
#45Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/21/19 at 10:33am

Watching the Chicago police department's press conference laying out the timeline for their investigation into this incident .... WOW!!  ... I don't think that this is the type of attention that Jussie wanted ... definitely not looking good for him.  Now the big question is what are the EMPIRE producers going to do ... they had already announced that Jussie's character was being removed from future episodes yet to be filmed but no plans to remove his character from episodes already in the can ... but now, after the latest developments, this must put them in a very difficult situation.

\_(•_•)_/ Profile Photo
\_(•_•)_/
#46Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/21/19 at 11:37am

I would assume he will get some jail time, he shouldnt get a pass cause he is a celebrity

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#47Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/21/19 at 12:38pm

Jussie has been getting oodles more press in Chicago these last few weeks than all the mayoral candidates combined.

Chicago votes Tuesday, Feb 26 for its new mayor, though it is expected that an April runoff will be needed.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#48Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/21/19 at 1:30pm

I knew something was up when he did that interview. I believed him before that, but his story either seemed deeply exaggerated or completely false. His body language suggested someone that was lying. Also, I had no idea who this guy is and we're supposed to believe that two rednecks, wandering around Chicago in the middle of the night, saw him and knew him as the gay black guy from Empire (because I'm sure tons of rednecks watch Empire) and happened to have masks on, a noose, and bleach. Hate crimes are shockingly common, but this one just seemed convoluted. It sucks that he did this because it really hurts anyone that comes forward after being attacked. They're less likely to be believed.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#49Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/21/19 at 2:53pm

I keep coming back to the why-- why would Jussie go to these extremes? The press conference claims it's because he was unhappy with his pay on EMPIRE. That could be true or not true, but what sane guy would ever think this baroque scheme would ever result in a better pay check? 

Look, to the outside world Jussie's been living a charmed life for the past 5 years, right? He's that enviable cliche-- young, gifted, beautiful, black, and add to that the hipster cred of being an out gay man. He's been thrust onto the ritziest red carpets and has been awarded outsized recognition in all sorts of venues, beyond anything he'd known in his life. I guess no-one can be properly prepared for this level of scrutiny-- how many get lost in addictions of all kinds, trying to sabotage their new identities? I can only guess this cry for attention was Jussie's way of acting out, his attempt to make sense of the disconnect between who the world thought he was, and who he really was inside. 

It's a painful story, worthy of a very special episode on EMPIRE.