pixeltracker

Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?- Page 2

Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?

AGussBway
#25Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/14/19 at 2:57pm

could the holi paint be monsoon wedding?

lachri5
#26Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/14/19 at 3:36pm

LizzieCurry said: "R. GreenFinch, haha... well, that wasn't the case for Fun Home at Studio Theatre in DC!"

Wait, what is happening?? In the coming season? Please tell me it's true!!!

Edit: OMG! I see it! This September! So excited!!!

Updated On: 3/14/19 at 03:36 PM

wolfwriter
#27Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/14/19 at 3:37pm

I'd guess the first is Unmasked 

The colorful one is Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat  [PaperMill's second show usually leads into the holidays and is family-focused]

Susan Boyle..I have no idea.

I thought the clock was a pie, so I thought Sweeney Todd

Hands On A Hardbody would be an interesting choice for Papermill, since the side of the van has watches on it.

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#28Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/14/19 at 3:40pm

Are we sure that black and white graphic is a clock? There are no numbers on it, and they've used clock images in the past that were very clearly a clock (like when they did Half Time). It could just as easily be a pie with a slice cut out.

Sometimes these dont really pan out though...remember when the image for Beauty and the Beast was a picture of all the countries in the world, colored various shades of blue? Still confused about that one (it made me think of the song "Big Blue World" and I got sort of excited thinking that Disney was expanding the Anderson-Lopez's Finding Nemo Musical from Animal Kingdom into a full show haha).

Cfried
#29Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/14/19 at 3:47pm

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Sometimes these dont really pan out though...remember when the image for Beauty and the Beast was a picture of all the countries in the world, coloredvarious shades of blue? Still confused about that one (it made me think of the song "Big Blue World" and I got sort of excited thinking that Disney was expanding the Anderson-Lopez's Finding Nemo Musical from Animal Kingdom into a full show haha)."

The clue you're referring to was for My Very Own British Invasion and not BATB. I think the golden eggs were BATB? I can't remember. 

I'm guessing Unmasked, Hands on a Hardbody, and Cinderella (10 minutes taken off of clock...holiday show?) I have no guess for the Susan Boyle clue, although it is a picture of her carrying the Queen's Baton. I also don't know about the holi paint clue. 

MayAudraBlessYou2
#30Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/14/19 at 3:48pm

I also dont think the Susan Boyle one is torch song because its not a torch she's carrying, but the "Queens Baton." 

A baton made me think Music Man...but with the Hugh Jackman announcement, would a major company so close to New York be able to get the rights to that?  Could just be Les Mis, which would be their big mass appeal show to act as an anchor for the season. 

If the Holi Festival pic is Joseph...that's a really lame clue for Joseph. I would hope its a Bollywood inspired project or a show with a play on "Holi" (like if they made a christmas musical called "Holly and Ivy" or something).

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#31Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/14/19 at 3:52pm

No way Paper Mill is doing Sunday in the Park, Last 5 Years, Bombay Dreams, Hands on a Hardbody, or Torch Song. Think mainstream. And they're already doing Beauty and the Beast in May of this year.

Cinderella and Joseph are ideal Paper Mill shows. Unmasked makes sense, because the computer symbols shown are "paste layer mask." Groundhog Day could work, too, and I think that would be the definitive end to the rumors of a tour or Off-Bway run.

Les Mis tour has no dates listed after April 26, 2020, if they pull a Color Purple. Also, this "new" version of Les Mis premiered at Paper Mill back in 2010, so it would be sort of symbolic to end it at Paper Mill.

They've been doing 1-2 original musicals each year, so maybe the van is something new. Or (and this is a stretch) a re-worked version of the Little Miss Sunshine musical?

MayAudraBlessYou2
#32Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/14/19 at 3:53pm

Cfried said: 
The clue you're referring to was forMy Very Own British Invasionand notBATB. I think the golden eggs wereBATB?I can't remember.

I'm guessingUnmasked, Hands on a Hardbody,andCinderella(10 minutes taken off of clock...holiday show?) I have no guess for the Susan Boyle clue, although it is a picture of her carrying the Queen's Baton. I also don't know about the holi paint clue.

"

Ah. Well then the images were out of order, as Beauty and the Beast was the final show of the season, which should line up with the last pic: the blue countries. That clue DOES make more sense for British Invasion...but the eggs for BATB still doesnt make sense to me.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#33Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/14/19 at 4:45pm

SomethingPeculiar said: "No way Paper Mill is doingSunday in the Park, Last 5 Years, Bombay Dreams,Hands on a Hardbody,orTorch Song. Think mainstream. And they're already doingBeauty and the Beastin May of this year.

CinderellaandJosephare ideal Paper Mill shows.Unmaskedmakes sense, because the computer symbols shown are "paste layer mask."Groundhog Daycould work, too, and I think that would be the definitive end to the rumors of a tour or Off-Bway run.

Les Mistour has no dates listed after April 26, 2020, if they pull aColor Purple.Also, this "new" version ofLes Mispremiered at Paper Mill back in 2010, so it would be sort of symbolic to endit atPaper Mill.

They've been doing 1-2 original musicals each year, so maybe the van is something new. Or (and this is a stretch) a re-worked version of theLittle Miss Sunshinemusical?
"

Funnily enough, I was also thinking little miss sunshine for the van.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#34Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/14/19 at 4:46pm

Groundhog Day

Hands on a Hardbody

Unmasked

wolfwriter
#35Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/14/19 at 4:59pm

If Susan Boyle is holding the Queen's Baton,  could this be We Will Rock You, since Queen is hot again, with the film Bohemian Rhapsody

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#36Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/15/19 at 3:02am

My final guesses are

Unmasked

Sunday in the Park with George

Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella

Hands on a Hardbody

We Will Rock You

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#37Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/15/19 at 3:11am

Unmasked

Monsoon Wedding

Cinderella (makes sense, but why?)

The Flamingo Kid (could be a co-production with Hartford Stage, also the van has starfish on it, beach, car salesman?) 

We Will Rock You

Updated On: 3/15/19 at 03:11 AM

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#38Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/15/19 at 11:02am

Wasn't there actually a Susan Boyle musical on the West End a few years ago? I Dreamed a Dream? I want to say Fox bought the rights to the musical so they could roll it into another musical they were developing based on Susan Boyle's life. 

Owen22
#39Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/15/19 at 11:14am

SomethingPeculiar said: "No way Paper Mill is doingSunday in the Park, Last 5 Years, Bombay Dreams,Hands on a Hardbody,orTorch Song. Think mainstream. And they're already doingBeauty and the Beastin May of this year.

CinderellaandJosephare ideal Paper Mill shows.Unmaskedmakes sense, because the computer symbols shown are "paste layer mask."Groundhog Daycould work, too, and I think that would be the definitive end to the rumors of a tour or Off-Bway run.

Les Mistour has no dates listed after April 26, 2020, if they pull aColor Purple.Also, this "new" version ofLes Mispremiered at Paper Mill back in 2010, so it would be sort of symbolic to endit atPaper Mill.

They've been doing 1-2 original musicals each year, so maybe the van is something new. Or (and this is a stretch) a re-worked version of theLittle Miss Sunshinemusical?
"

Not so much a stretch. Arcola Theater in London is doing a reworked Little Miss Sunshine next month!

thealtoslament Profile Photo
thealtoslament
#40Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 11:11am

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/195198/andrew-lloyd-webber-revue-unmasked-judy-garland-musical-more-set-for-2019-2020-at-paper-mill/?fbclid=IwAR0XP1jL3zNIV1-hOMVStBG-2Xmrcq1ruBoRqlNGF8tCcpU4SAFeaRdtovg

Season announced! Chasing Rainbows (the Judy Garland bio musical), R&H's Cinderella, Unmasked (the ALW revue), Sister Act, and the world premiere of The Wanderer, a bio musical about Dion. 

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#41Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 11:24am

I get the Unmasked (computer), Cinderella (the clock), but I'm assuming its the multi colours for Chasing Rainbows, Susan Boyle and her fellow sisters (?) are for Sister Act, and the van with the watches is the Wanderer? 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#42Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 11:30am

The joke with the Susan Boyle photo is that she's running. One of Dion's most famous songs is "Runaround Sue." The other photo for Sister Act is a van, with images of Cartier watches. Van + Cartier = Deloris Van Cartier. 

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
Updated On: 3/18/19 at 11:30 AM

MayAudraBlessYou2
#43Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 11:37am

I must remind myself never to play this game again. Every-time the season is announced, I think back on the clues and go "HUH?"

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#44Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 11:42am

Smaxie said: "The joke with the Susan Boyle photo is that she's running. One of Dion's most famous songs is "Runaround Sue."The other photo for Sister Act is a van, with images of Cartier watches. Van + Cartier = Deloris Van Cartier."

Thanks Smaxie!

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

ParkandBark
#45Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/18/19 at 7:52pm

I just got told I won this competition for being the closest guesser for getting 2 correct. Unfortunately I won't be able to go so will tell them to give the prize to someone else.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#46Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?
Posted: 3/19/19 at 4:53am

ParkandBark said: "I just got told I won this competition for being the closest guesser for getting 2 correct. Unfortunately I won't be able to go so will tell them to give the prize to someone else."

Aww they emailed me telling me I won, probably after you told them you couldn't go. I'm looking forward to seeing Benny and Joon next month!