HADESTOWN Previews

Lina Lamont
#275HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 3/30/19 at 10:18pm

I bought my tickets for a June matinee the day before previews started. The seats next to mine are already $10 more expensive per seat than they were when I bought them. If you’re on the fence, I would grab seats before the reviews come out and it spikes again!

getupngo Profile Photo
getupngo
#276HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 3/30/19 at 10:32pm

Ok amber redeemed in act 2.

So much crying during Epic III

Such a good show.

Ushers said it was sold out

getupngo Profile Photo
getupngo
#277HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 3/30/19 at 10:38pm

I definitely REALLY disliked Reeve Carney. He reminds me of James blunt- and not in a good way.

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#278HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 3/30/19 at 11:59pm

Lina Lamont said: "I bought my tickets for a June matinee the day before previews started. The seats next to mine are already $10 more expensive per seat than they were when I bought them. If you’re on the fence, I would grab seats before the reviews come out and it spikes again!"

Nominations will be announced on April 30 (a Tuesday). I recommend a ticket for that night - the show will be electric if the nominations come through!! I have mine already :)

LS7188
#279HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 3/31/19 at 12:41am

dramamama611 said: "Unless otherwise stated, all actors should be expected at all performances. There hasn't been any talk that I'm aware of indicating any role needs an alternative."

Thanks! I wasn't sure. I know sometimes there are shows where some of the leads don't do shows during the week (I know Eva had some nights off when she did Miss Saigon).

Mediamaven2
#280HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 3/31/19 at 1:49pm

treblemakerz said: "Yes, Raise Our Cups was included last night!"

And yesterday afternoon.

Mediamaven2
#281HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 3/31/19 at 2:00pm

LightsOut90 said: "Any updated rush reports, thinking of trying next weekend."

Yesterday (Saturday) morning I arrived at about 7:55 am. There were 26 people ahead of me. Yes it was a 2 show day and beautiful weather but I am sorry that I cannot tell you how many got rush seats, because I didn't stick around past 8:20 am. (....just seemed like too many people ahead of me, and I read these boards before leaving and posts indicated not many rush seats distributed.)

Was dead set on attending yesterday matinee so figured my time was better invested at TKTS where I figured seats would be 50% off. I misjudged on that count too as they were only reduced 30%.  However I got in, at a reduced price. Well worth it, no regrets!

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#282HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 3/31/19 at 2:23pm

Saw the show last night and really liked it, though I think I would have gotten more out of it if I'd known more than a few of the songs. Amber Gray is really something - and quite the dancer, which I didn't anticipate!

I know you. I know you. I know you.

Rogerdellibovi Profile Photo
Rogerdellibovi
#283HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 9:06am

I was most shocked by Andre De Shields as he was my second favorite after Amber. The way he chose to speak to the audience versus him speaking to Orpheus versus him speaking to Eurydice were all very different and telling. I kind of like this new version of Orpheus. The scenic design was simply amazing. The stagedoor was insane. I got one of the flowers though!

natashalost
#284HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 11:22am

I see everyone coming out of the show with these red flowers (similar to the one on the Playbill). Do they give them out or are they a merch item?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#285HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 11:34am

I didn’t see anyone handing them out when I saw the show last Saturday night- I had assumed they were just a first preview thing.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

B.JAMES Profile Photo
B.JAMES
#286HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 11:40am

natashalost said: "I see everyone coming out of the show with these red flowers (similar to the one on the Playbill). Do they give them out or are they a merch item?"

They give them out at the stage door :)

BenElliott Profile Photo
BenElliott
#287HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 11:43am

Are they selling standing room already? I heard they were, but I'm not sure how true that is.

B.JAMES Profile Photo
B.JAMES
#288HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 12:06pm

BenElliott said: "Are they selling standing room already? I heard they were, but I'm not sure how true that is."

I read that they weren't doing it until after opening. But they have been selling out most performances and their rush lines are huge, so it's possible they started early.  

Updated On: 4/1/19 at 12:06 PM

Brian07663NJ
#289HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 12:10pm

CRS14 said: "my unsung hero was the tall, jackeddude in the chorus, Timothy Hughes. He added such an intimidating presence -- especially during underworld scenes -- that just took everything up a notch. I want to be his best friend."

OH don't we ALL want to be the best friend of Timothy Hughes. He was spectacular almost too much because every time he was on stage all I could do was watch him!

I attended the Monday evening March 25th performance. I was in the last row of the balcony. The view was completely fine. I already have mezz tickets for the April 28th performance.

I have been a solid fan of the show having seen it 4 times at the NYTW. SO thankful that Patrick and Amber have made it to Broadway with the show as they were very important to the me in their roles.

My biggest issue with the show NYTW to Broadway version is that I felt like the 3 Fates lost some of their time on stage to the 5 Underground workers. Thought I remember the 3 Fates having much more to do?

I love Reeve in Spiderman and Penny Dreadful...I did not love him as Orpheus. Eva was adequate as Eurydice. Andrea was better than I anticipated and did a wonderful job as Hermes. 

As for spoilers...the show is a tragedy. Knowing the show is a tragedy alone gives away what ultimately happens.

I was very concerned that the NYTW performance in the round moving to a Broadway proscenium would lose some of the magic...it did not. Although I really enjoyed the intimacy of the actors running through the audience...it was not as 'tragic' a loss to the audience as I feared.  

I hope the show has a long life. It is very enjoyable and something I will eagerly encourage friends to attend.  

Relevance81491
#290HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 12:19pm

OK, so when I went to see the show (I worship at the alter of Rachel Chavkin!) I didn't know there wasn't a merch booth in the mezzanine! I didn't want to risk going at intermission for fear of the line being too long and when the show ended, I had to hurry and leave to catch my train

Now, I'm back home in Florida and kicking myself for not buying any merch. I looked online and the shirt is available, but the hat and coffee mug are not HADESTOWN Previews if anyone is seeing the show and willing to pick me up aries things and ship them to Naples Florida, I would be eternally grateful
PM me and I can send you the list and venmo you (obviously I would pay for shipping as well)

please and thank you

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#291HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 1:23pm

From Rachel’s Instagram: looks like they are making numerous changes to the show today. I’m intrigued by all of these!! https://www.instagram.com/rachel.chavkin/p/BvuH_NLhdSd/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=wcmnmgenof2c

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Brian07663NJ
#292HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 1:30pm

After reading the 'changes' all of a sudden I got an "April Fool" twinge in my head.... 30 industrial fans, bird puppets, moving cups to intermission, throwing a handful of sand...really?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#293HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 1:33pm

Brian07663NJ said: "After reading the 'changes' all of a sudden I got an "April Fool" twinge in my head.... 30 industrial fans, bird puppets, moving cups to intermission, throwing a handful of sand...really?"

Didn’t quite get the April fools feeling until the 30 fans.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#294HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 1:33pm

The "When Doubt Comes" In edit sounds dope AF.

I love that they're making changes in previews..i feel like that barely happens nowadays. 

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

treblemakerz Profile Photo
treblemakerz
#295HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 1:35pm

The April Fool's post has me howling.

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#296HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 1:48pm

treblemakerz said: "The April Fool's post has me howling."

Damn it. totally fell for it lmao .

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#297HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 1:55pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "treblemakerz said: "The April Fool's post has me howling."

Damn it. totally fell for it lmao .
"

I was going down the same rabbit hole thinking - damn , I hope they get an extra long rehearsal session before hand. LOL 

Well played Rachel!

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#298HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 2:59pm

This is the first April Fools joke to get me to smile today. The stage spinning at full tilt for Build a Wall could only be improved upon by doing it to Yakkity Sax.

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#299HADESTOWN Previews
Posted: 4/1/19 at 10:22pm

Has the show been re-orchestrated since the Public recording? The video clips I saw posted today sound much more “Pop” than what I hear on the recording.

Videos