pixeltracker

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates- Page 21

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates

aw42
#500Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 11/10/19 at 8:11pm

Did the $39 standing room for Hadestown 2pm matinee (today Sun Nov 10).

I got there at 11:40 and there were 12 people already ahead of me. In the next 5 minutes, 4-5 more people came. I ended up getting the 13th of 14 available SRO tickets. (It seems that the machine spits out tickets in order of standing position, so I'm led to believe being lined up 6th or so gives you somewhere near the middle orchestra ...please correct me if I'm wrong?)

During intermission, the usher was nice enough to point out empty mezzanine seats, so I went up there and sat in the second row center (incredible) I guess they open up SRO if the house is almost completely sold, not necessary completely sold out?

Wow what a show. edit: Yeah Hades' balcony is not easily visible from spot 13 (left orch) ... one has to crouch way down to see what's going on up there

Updated On: 11/10/19 at 08:11 PM

Rosette3
#501Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 11/17/19 at 1:01pm

Tried SRO for 11/17 Sunday 3PM Matinee. Showed up at 11AM and was 14th in line. There was about 20 people when box office opened at 12PM and they sold total of 10 SRO tickets.

ETA: Ended up getting a ticket on StubHub 15 mins before show time. $77 mid mezz, $89 with fees. People in front of me got last row balcony $59 + w/e fees. After seeing SRO view at intermission, I appreciated being higher up vs Orch level. 

Updated On: 11/17/19 at 01:01 PM

bekk99 Profile Photo
bekk99
#502Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 11/25/19 at 3:08pm

Anyone happen to pass by and check on the line for today's rare Monday show? Or know how it's been the last couple weeks?

SneakySylveon
#503Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 12/23/19 at 2:29pm

anyone on line today? im not gonna be able to get there til later

SneakySylveon
#504Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 12/23/19 at 3:24pm

Update its 3:30 and im fourth in line

nycW44
#505Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 12/27/19 at 3:40pm

Early December rushed for Wednesday evening SRO. 1st person arrived 4pm. Only 2 others arrived. Someone can probably arrive after the holidays/in wintertime at 5pm when they sell them & still get a ticket.

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#506Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 1/2/20 at 4:26pm

It’s a good day for evening SRO today (1/2):

3 people arrived at 12ish. Next 2 people by 2:30. I arrived at 3. At 4:24 there are 11. We’re on the side (hotel alley) to stay out of the way of the matinee.

UPDATE: 10 SRO tickets were sold yesterday and it was a sold out house...only 2 of us were able to grab seats at intermission in the Orchestra.

Updated On: 1/3/20 at 04:26 PM

Yuma22
#507Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 1/3/20 at 1:31pm

Anyone in line today? Won't be able to get there till a little later, closer to 5..

Daniel M Profile Photo
Daniel M
#508Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 1/10/20 at 10:13am

I arrived yesterday (Thursday, January 9) at 2:30pm and was first. For the next 90 minutes there were only 5 of us. By 5pm there were around 18 in line. It looked like they sold around 12 SRO tickets.

Sarah Brandt
#509Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 1/18/20 at 6:20pm

I'm desperately hoping to get a ticket for the matinee or evening show tomorrow, 1/19. Any ideas on what the wait time will be for either, or any other good tips to grab a ticket that won't break the bank?

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#510Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 1/18/20 at 7:14pm

Semi-unrelatedly, but I read somewhere recently that Amber Gray suffered an injury. Is she back in the show?

#511Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 1/18/20 at 10:50pm

She was in the show today, maybe she modified her movements but was pretty active and fluid in her movements onstage

cjmclaughlin10
#512Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 1/21/20 at 2:36pm

I was surprised to see tomorrow’s matinee at the TKTS Lincoln Center for 50% off

Not as cheap as rush/SRO, but I wa tee to pass the discount along Incase someone wasn’t interested in waiting for hours in the cold for a decent price

lgoody117
#513Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 1/27/20 at 5:42pm

Wanted to add my experience from this past weekend.

My husband and I went this past Saturday and arrived at the box office around 10:38am for the matinee (box office opens at 12pm). When we arrived, we were 5th and 6th in line. It was cold and rainy day - not to mention BroadwayCon was happening so we figured we would have better odds with fans attending that instead of lining up. 

Less than five minutes after we got in line a group of three arrived behind us and within 15 minutes the line was up to around 15 people. In that time, a girl also joined her friend in front of us bumping us to 6th and 7th in line. Unlike some other reports, no one was monitoring the line. I didn't push the issue as I knew we would get in and I assume she just went to grab a coffee as the person in front of me didn't say anything to her. 

By box office open the line was probably up to around 25 people. As expected, my husband and I got tickets - SRO Spot 2 and 3. The group of three behind us (8th, 9th, 10th in line) also got tickets. We didn't stick around to see how many more tickets went after that. 

Spots 2/3 for standing room are the closest to the center aisle behind the Right Orch. Great view with slight obstruction of the balcony which isn't a big deal and it's easy to lean down to see if you want to make the effort. Reeve also stages up for his entrance right behind these spots during Flowers. For less than 1.5 hours in line and $39, I would do this over and over again. 

As for the show, we saw Hadestown last January in London - I thought it was okay and my husband disliked it. The National Theatre was a horrible venue for it (too big/concrete walls messed with the sound) and the story telling definitely needed work. What a difference a year (and new venue) makes! We were blown away by the show and Hadestown now ranks at the top of my favorite musicals. The show is stunning from beginning to end and the Walter Kerr is a perfect home for it. Sadly, Andre was out on Saturday but we were lucky enough to see him in London and T. Oliver Reed did a wonderful job in the role. My husband actually commented that he was much easier to understand than De Shields. The rest of cast was in and I can't express how incredible they are together. There is something special about the chemistry of this group - they had the audience in the palm of their hand the entire show. I'll definitely be making a trip back to see the show again soon. 

Kea4
#514Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 2/4/20 at 3:17pm

Any chance anyone is in line today or has recently walked by the theatre and can update? Someone just beat me to the stubhub ticket I was eyeing and considering doing SRO.

summertekeli
#515Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 2/9/20 at 3:58pm

Hi everyone so I recently went to NYC this weekend 2/7-2/9 and rushed SRO for MR, MG, Beetle and Hadestown. For hadestown I shower up around 7 a.m saturday morning and was the first person in line. Group of 3 arrived around 8:15 and 2 others around 10:30. Line was around 6 people when the box office opened for standing room at 12, but couldve been because it was so cold and windy! At 9:50 I asked the girls behind me to hold my place in line to rush over to mean girls for a rush ticket and shower up right at 10 and was around 15 in line and got a mezz ticket! I showed up to the winter garden at 5:51 for beetle standing room as soon as I got off my flight and into the city and was 3rd in line for standing room. I thought there would’ve been more since it’s potentially closing! Lastly, I tried to visit moulin rouge for sro but said they were not offering any for that show sadly so for moulin make sure to check first!

Lost in daydreaming
#516Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 2/15/20 at 1:28pm

I rushed SRO for a Saturday matinee in January. I got there at 9am and was the first person in line (SRO rush opens at 12pm for a matinee). I would recommend getting there early if you want to do it because there are only 10 spots. The view and show were absolutely fantastic!

Updated On: 2/15/20 at 01:28 PM

PanaroFan111
#517Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 2/15/20 at 1:54pm

I went this past Wed Matinee got a standing room spot at 1:50pm for a 2pm show, which i was very happy about. Patrick Paige was out and everybody else was in. You miss the balcony but for $39 cant beat the price. I dunno never seen the show before but i know Patrick is very good in whatever he does and the show seemed like it was lacking without him there. Want to know what everyone else thinks :)

DebraR
#518Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 2/29/20 at 3:17pm

Wondering what the latest times are to arrive for rush/SRO.  Landing on Wednesday for a week and don't have definite plans yet so I can go any day.

Thanks!

Rydia
#519Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 2/29/20 at 8:06pm

So this is where I ask dumb questions right? They still aren't offering rush seats right, it's standing room only?  Is it possible this will change before May? I have a group of 3 so lottery can't really work for us, just wondering if it's going to be SRO only options. 

DebraR
#520Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 3/2/20 at 11:39pm

Trying to find out too, especially what time to get in line for the best shot at getting tickets.

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#521Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 3/4/20 at 1:01am

Rydia said: "So this is where I ask dumb questions right? They still aren't offering rush seats right, it's standing room only? Is it possible this will change before May? I have a group of 3 so lottery can't really work for us, just wondering if it's going to be SRO only options."

Not a dumb question at all! I'll be trying lotto/SRO next week. If I end up doing SRO, I can ask the box office about rush seats - I don't want to misspeak and give wrong info.

DebraR
#522Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 3/4/20 at 5:36pm

Got in line today at 8:30.  Next person came at 9:00.  It’s 10 now and there are 11 people in line.

Updated On: 3/7/20 at 05:36 PM

DebraR
#523Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 3/7/20 at 10:11am

Update, SEVEN people got out of line when they heard that we were waiting for standing room and box office opened. Not sure why they got in line so early but now thee are 4 of us in line.

Addipia94 Profile Photo
Addipia94
#524Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 3/7/20 at 11:04am

My friend and I did standing room yesterday (3/6) and got there initially at 2:30PM. No one was in line. We ducked into a little cafe around the corner and would periodically check to see if anyone got in line. No one got in line until 3:30PM, and it was just one person. At 4:30PM my friend and I got in line and were 2/3 in line. When the box office started the standing room procedure at 5:00PM a few additional people came in the line, making it 6-8 overall. 

It was during the work week, in off peak tourist season, it was cold and raining, all factors I think contributed there not really being a line whatsoever. There were some great empty seats in the orchestra but others snagged them before my friend and I could at intermission. Regardless, great show!! For the price, standing room for this show is a fantastic choice. The Mezzanine's overhang didn't bother us and we didn't miss anything. A few seconds here and there, but overall great!