pixeltracker

Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN- Page 3

Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#50Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 7/26/21 at 12:01pm

For me that set look more impressive than the Broadway version. And def still a turntable. 

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#51Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 7/26/21 at 2:12pm

Yeah looks like they're doing a lot more with it, I'm impressed. Kept having to pause the video so I could get a glimpse at everything that's new haha.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#52Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 7/26/21 at 3:01pm

I do hope the rumors of it being filmed are true. I wouldn't mind a new cast album either.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#53Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 7/26/21 at 3:19pm

It looks insane. I can’t wait to see it in a couple months.

Dolly80
#54Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 7/26/21 at 3:30pm

You do know it’s terrible right? There is a new huge ice staircase for London and the Ice bridge is now a series of trucks - not flown.

Updated On: 7/26/21 at 03:30 PM

Jordan Catalano
#55Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 7/26/21 at 4:05pm

Honestly, I’m just excited to be in the renovated theatre. It looks beautiful.

Dolly80
#56Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 7/26/21 at 4:11pm

There is at least that to look forward to.
Maybe they have improved the show also I guess. At least there is finally a set for Elsas castle besides some beaded curtains.

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#57Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 7/26/21 at 4:56pm

These set improvements look great. It’s too bad they closed Broadway and couldn’t bring these upgrades over with that poor new cast who barely got a chance.

DrewJoseph
#58Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 7/26/21 at 5:28pm

Hope this show at least survives till I can travel to see it again. Anyone know what happened to that supposedly aladdin disney+ release? Updated On: 7/26/21 at 05:28 PM

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#59Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 7/26/21 at 6:26pm

DrewJoseph said: "Hope this show at least survives till I can travel to see it again. Anyone know what happened to that supposedly aladdin disney+ release?"

Drew Joseph, I have heard 2 different stories about the Aladdin film: one was that they were holding onto it for "the right moment". Like, the holidays or a month when they need something big to promote. The other rumour I heard was that it was scrapped and they won't be releasing it. Not sure what to believe. 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#60Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 7/26/21 at 10:40pm

It’s no Beauty and the Beast, but the full-length version of the Hygge number, which grows more and more ridiculous and naked as it builds, is one of my favorite “wacky production numbers” of the past decade.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#61Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 7/26/21 at 11:31pm

CATSNYrevival said: "I do hope the rumors of it being filmed are true. I wouldn't mind a new cast album either."

It really seems like Disney is putting a ton of money into the London production and is hoping it’s a bigger hit than its Broadway counterpart. I do wonder if that might delay a potential filming of it, though.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

SouthernCakes
#62Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 7/26/21 at 11:35pm

The Broadway version just missed the “wow” factor. It was fine. But the new music wasn’t anything too memorable (no more winter, bring back summer) and the physical production wasn’t all that interesting. Looks like they realized that.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#63Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 7/26/21 at 11:48pm

I liked a lot of the new songs especially “What Do You Know About Love” and “Monster.” I think they were right to cut “True Love.” It’s a lovely song but it dragged the momentum of the second act to a screeching halt. I’d love to see them further streamline the opening. I’m pretty sure the new cast recorded “I Can’t Lose You” but it hasn’t been released as far as I know.

Jordan Catalano
#64Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 7/27/21 at 12:00am

If Disney is going to film it, they’ll probably do it in 7 years when they’re on their 10th replacement cast.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#65Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 8/26/21 at 11:31pm

I believe this photo is from an invited dress as previews don’t start until tomorrow night(or tonight if you’re in London time).

absolutely breathtaking and much more impressive than the Broadway set, which is a shame.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#66Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 8/28/21 at 12:35pm

Shows getting raves on theatreboard.co.uk.

Saying the set is insanely impressive and improved. Raves over the bridge that just constantly rolls on and on and on.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#67Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 8/28/21 at 2:02pm

Luminaire2 said: "Shows getting raves on theatreboard.co.uk.

Saying the set is insanely impressive and improved. Raves over the bridge that just constantly rolls on and on and on.
"

I've been keeping up with the preview reports there as well. While I enjoyed the Broadway production more than most, there is no denying that the set was pretty bare bones and the lighting was just too dark. The West End version sounds like a technical marvel (which is what the Broadway production should have been). While I'm disappointed Broadway never got the magical and spectacular version of Frozen it deserved, I am thrilled to read that the production has been so greatly improved upon.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#68Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 8/28/21 at 2:51pm

Do we think Disney would ever bring this improved version back to Broadway? Maybe that's why they shut it down?

Owen22
#69Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 8/28/21 at 3:17pm

Yeah, but theatreboard.co.uk also seems to think Be More Chill is pretty great too....

hearthemsing22
#70Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 9/1/21 at 11:17am

RippedMan said: "Do we think Disney would ever bring this improved version back to Broadway? Maybe that's why they shut it down?"

Why would they? It wasn’t doing as well as they hoped, you never know how Broadway audiences will respond compared to West End audiences, and I’m SURE there are new works that deserve a chance before they’d bring back a show that closed a year ago (yes I’m well aware about Waitress but that’s a different story). It seems highly unlikely and I don’t think it’d be a wise move. Give other shows a chance! 

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#71Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 9/1/21 at 12:00pm

Owen22 said: "Yeah, but theatreboard.co.uk also seems to think Be More Chill is pretty great too...."

Yes, but its a two way street. There are plenty of shows that London loved, that NY/the US didn't care for, and vice versa. 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#72Samantha Barks to play Elsa in the West End production of FROZEN
Posted: 9/1/21 at 3:23pm

RippedMan said: "Do we think Disney would ever bring this improved version back to Broadway? Maybe that's why they shut it down?"

The Broadway version proved pretty early on it had little staying power. It looks like the West End has a theatre that has the space to give it enough spectacle to wow audiences into overlooking any of its dramatic shortfalls. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008