pixeltracker

Delta Variant and Broadway- Page 12

Delta Variant and Broadway

whatever2
#275Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/31/21 at 12:34pm

> we all know but deny that we have the vaccine because of a certain past president.

Wait -- when was Dolly Parton president? So disappointed to have slept through that ...

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#276Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/31/21 at 12:36pm

Haha. Yes, your "Independent roots" are really showing here. You have said you are never coming to Broadway again for years. Now, your wife "considered it" when you guys refuse to get on the subway or even leave your house because NewsMax reports about NYC? Lolz. 

And, like it has been called for two years now, it's call COVID

I recommend a move to Alabama, Mississippi or Florida. More of your people and a slower speed exists in those places. Taxes are lower too. Save up and GTFO. 

Fosse76
#277Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/31/21 at 12:39pm

Mr Roxy said: "Mixed messages will definitely affect Broadway. For many reasons people will not go . Sitting in a theater with a mask on for 2 plus hours might be a turnoff. Being surrounded by all these masked folks does not make for a,pleasant experience. Imagine going to the bathroom or waiting on line for drinks

That's stupid and nonsensical. Successful shows will fail for lack of tourism, not because they are sitting next to someone wearing a mask. 

By the way we all know but deny that we have the vaccine because of a certain past president. How will those with a visceral hatred of him like Ms Lupone square that hatred with the need to get the vaxx. A puzzlement indeed. Same for the theatergoers Wearing a mask and /or getting vaxxed to attend. .Many tough decisions ahead

Not true. We would still have the Pfizer vaccine,  as they didn't participate in Operation Warp Speed or take government money for the development of the vaccine. And certainly other vaccines that have been developed across the world didn't participate. And Dump did everything in his power to hinder the distribution of the vaccines that were developed under operation warp speed. 

My wife and I were both vaxxed back in March .Sadly my wife is now battling Type 2 diabetes. We are basically homebound until her doctor can find the right medicine. Looks like it may be insulin. She was willing to try and go back to Broadway but this side tracked it.We will content ourselves watching a great library of shows on YouTube plus the dvds I have

No one wants you in a Broadway theatre,  so if we have to wear masks until the day you die,  it'll be worth it to keep you out. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#278Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/31/21 at 12:54pm

the troll is morphing, kinda like a virus mutates, except that it becomes lamer and lamer.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#279Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/31/21 at 1:36pm

Nice to see how tolerant you are. You need professional help

If things ever align and she is well enough for us to attend I will announce it. Here is the kicker I won't tell you what show we saw so you forever wonder if I was in the same audience,as you. You are a hater just like a KKK member of an Antifa member or any other hate group

Go live in your private Utopia where people who dare to disagree with you are forever banished. Yes sire

Poster Emeritus

Sutton Ross
#280Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/31/21 at 1:47pm

"You need professional help"

Bro, look at your thread you created. LOOK AT IT. Look what you named the thread. Look at your racism fully on display. You are a shameful, ignorant man.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1124944&boardid=2&boardname=off

boylikethat Profile Photo
boylikethat
#281Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/31/21 at 3:02pm

I have been missing Broadway something fierce and am currently have a flight booked for a weekend in September. I live in WA state.  Already bought a ticket to Waitress and am hoping to also see Chicken and Biscuits. I am happy to see the return of live theater.

That being said, I definitely support the mask mandate and am curious to see how Delta plays out. Full disclosure: I tested positive for Covid this morning. Have no taste or smell since Thursday, heavy congestion that is allergy/sinus like. Hope that is as bad as it gets. I have been fully vaccinated with Pfizer since April. My friend group went to an art show in our local park last Saturday and then had a movie viewing party. 6 of the 11 of us now have Covid, all vaccinated with either Pfizer or Moderna. I don't think breakthrough cases are going to be a rare thing. That being said, I hope that Broadway will still return as scheduled in September and that we all just continue to take precautions and mask up. Can't wait to sit in a theater again. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#282Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/31/21 at 3:36pm

Mmm sorry to hear you have symptoms despite vaccine - in theory/statistically it is probably helping you greatly and you’ll be ok! Personally I think the UK is a good test case for what could happen in the US re: Delta variant. The cases might run wild but the vaccine still appears to be working well in terms of preventing very severe illness and death for most people. Fingers crossed but I hope it’ll be ok! What could be more worrying is another variant we don’t know about or fully understand yet.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#283Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/31/21 at 3:49pm

The Gothamist posted a really great article this morning, it lays out the facts in a very levelheaded way. We are of course being presented with new information everyday, but we are now in a time of slight behavior adjustments, and not full lockdowns.

The CDC pivoted, but normal life can continue

Updated On: 7/31/21 at 03:49 PM

boylikethat Profile Photo
boylikethat
#284Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/31/21 at 4:24pm

binau said: "Mmm sorry to hear you have symptoms despite vaccine - in theory/statistically it is probably helping you greatly and you’ll be ok! Personally I think the UK is a good test case for what could happen in the US re: Delta variant. The cases might run wild but the vaccine still appears to be working well in terms of preventing very severe illness and death for most people. Fingers crossed but I hope it’ll be ok! What could be more worrying is another variant we don’t know about or fully understand yet."

Thanks! Overall my symptoms have been mild so far and I definitely credit the vaccine. 

And thanks for posting that great Gothamist article Lavieboheme3090. I am excited to return to New York in September! The last show I saw was Hadestown in previews in April 2019.

iluvtheatertrash
#285Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/31/21 at 4:42pm

Trump didn’t give you a vaccine, Roxy. Go away.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

LightsOut90
#286Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/31/21 at 8:03pm

Mr Roxy said: "Nice to see how tolerant you are. You need professional help

If things ever align and she is well enough for us to attend I will announce it. Here is the kicker I won't tell you what show we saw so you forever wonder if I was in the same audience,as you. You are a hater just like a KKK member of an Antifa member or any other hate group

Go live in your private Utopia where people who dare to disagree with you are forever banished. Yes sire
"

oh brother go back to the 1960s you bigot 

jlindsey865 Profile Photo
jlindsey865
#287Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 8/1/21 at 9:45am

Mr Roxy said: "Sadly the southern border is not listed as a hot spot .Undocumented coming over the border have co vid in increasing numbers. What is worrisome is that in the dead of night they,are being bused or given plane tickets to go all over the country. The localities are given any notice and are flooded with them They are not vaxxed and do not mask up.Before imposing more restrictions on Americans why not clean up this problem which is much more dangerous

Those living there are suffering and they need to be protected. How many of the undocumented want to come to NYC? That will spell trouble and lead to mpre restrictions and lockdowns . Cannot blame this on the Orange Man. This is Uncle Joes mess. He needs to clean it up now.
"

Is this guy serious?

Sutton Ross
#288Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 8/1/21 at 12:41pm

100%.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#289Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 8/1/21 at 12:54pm

Roxy is an old racist. Why do people even still engage with him on here?

Sutton Ross
#290Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 8/1/21 at 1:06pm

You engage with him all the time on here. 

BWAY Baby2
#291Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 8/1/21 at 1:12pm

True- and Roxy's claim that the past president- who, by the way, attempted a coup right here in the USA a few months ago- was responsible for the vaccine is a bunch of crap- every company that manufactured or researched vaccinations knew that there was a fortune to be made if they could come up with an effective vaccine- they did not need a push from any president- especially one who denied the severity of the illness- who sponsored and attended super-spreader events-  whose absurd support of quack meds to treat the virus- and his fascist call to ignore the media and epidemiologists- and only believe him- well, no- he is not responsible for the development of vaccines- and his plans to dispense the vaccine once manufactured were- as usual - in shambles.

I intend to bring my vaccination card to the theaters to prove my vaccination status- that should take all of 20 seconds.If people do not want to be vaccinated- let them stay home. And I intend to wear a mask the entire time in the theater- so what?- to me, seeing live theater is worth a bit of extra discomfort.

Updated On: 8/1/21 at 01:12 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#292Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 8/1/21 at 1:35pm

I Occasionally make fun of his “wife” and call him a racist. I’d hardly call that “engaging with him”.

Sutton Ross
#293Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 8/1/21 at 1:42pm

I guess, but every time he creates a thread, you typically comment in it. But, you're right since it's never trying to change his mind or start up a conversation. This one is particularly funny. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#294Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 8/1/21 at 7:56pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I Occasionally make fun of his “wife” and call him a racist. I’d hardly call that “engaging with him”."

Your putting wife in quotes prompts me to ask whether we known that there actually is a Mrs. Roxy. Maybe I knew once but if so I have forgotten. To me the apt maxim is feed a cold, starve a troll. 

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#295Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 8/1/21 at 10:35pm

More people re getting vaccinated recently we must hope.

Stephanatic

ViniFromBrazil
#296Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 8/2/21 at 1:45am

I bought tickets for "American Utopia" and "The Lehman Trilogy" in November... I'm so apprehensive because I've been vaccinated with the local vaccine and some countries are still not accepting me even vaccinated... Don't elect a bigot ever again guys... sad

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#297Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 8/3/21 at 8:49pm

The NYT is reporting that the FDA is hoping to have the Pfizer vaccine fully approved by Labor Day.

Fingers crossed.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#298Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 8/3/21 at 11:29pm

A surge of COVID cases in Chicago, mostly due to Lolla, has got me worried about the reopening of theatres here. Hopefully it doesn’t cause the closure of what’s currently reopened.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#299Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 8/4/21 at 7:27am

Call_me_jorge said: "A surge of COVID cases in Chicago, mostly due to Lolla, has got me worried about the reopening of theatres here. Hopefully it doesn’t cause the closure of what’s currently reopened."

Lolla literally just happened. Any surge of cases due to it won't show up until this weekend, at the earliest. Not saying Lolla won't cause an uptick, but it wouldn't be seen this soon.

The surge happening in Chicago is happening literally everywhere, at varying times/impacts, and it's because of the Delta variant in general. Much like previous waves of this pandemic, very few places will not feel an impact.

Furthermore, closing theatres because of any uptick in cases would be completely counterproductive to what we all need to start doing: learning how to live with Covid. It ain't going away, folks.

Updated On: 8/4/21 at 07:27 AM