pixeltracker

TINA's future (November 2021 and beyond)- Page 8

TINA's future (November 2021 and beyond)

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#175TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 1/31/22 at 3:06pm

Papi2013 said: "I have a question. At what point those a specific performance get cancelled due to a lack of an audience? I think I saw on their seating chart that Saturdays afternoon performance had only sold about 16 tickets? Do they still go on for such a small house?"

A specific performance does not get cancelled because of low ticket sales. Everything on Broadway is budgeted per-week, so you'd still have to pay everyone for a canceled performance, even if you're performing for 16 people (tho that feels like an awfully low number even with a snowstorm)...

As to when a show might decide it's time to close altogether, that is up to the producers. TINA is no doubt below the stop-clause number and could be kicked out by the Nederlanders if the Nederlanders had a show ready to come into that theatre –– but as discussed elsewhere in this thread, I don't think anyone is dying to produce a show in a big theatre right now (and word on the street is that the Britney musical is the Lunt's next tenant, which Nederlander is producing). So there's no reason for the theatre owner to kick them out if it's just going to sit empty.

Looks like TINA has recently closed the rear mezz to push the audience forward....but only during the week (not weekend).

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#176TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 2/4/22 at 2:38pm

Maybe next week?

OhHiii
#177TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 2/4/22 at 2:54pm

Fosse76 said: "HeyMrMusic said: "Here’s the story:https://abc7ny.com/tina-the-turner-musical-nkeki-obi-welekwe-pandemic/11507712/

Obviously, anything can happen, but that does sound like they intend to stay open through the winter.
"

Or until Nederlander activates the stop clause and kicks them out.
"

It's so funny when people expose that they don't know what they're talking about on here when so many others actually do. The Nederlanders are the lead producers of Tina with Stage Entertainment. They won't be using a stop clause to close the show, it'll close when they want to start making full rent revenue again. Or bring in another of their own shows (One More Time, for instance which seems like it isn't rushing to come in this season). 

suzycat Profile Photo
suzycat
#178TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 2/5/22 at 6:22pm

Saw today’s matinee, what I think was Ari Groover’s third ever performance as Tina. It was my first time seeing the show but I thought she was excellent. What a tour de force this role is! I can see why they can’t ask actresses to do two shows in a day! (FYI the orchestra looked completely full to me. Got my ticket at TKTS, $98 for 10th row center.)

Updated On: 2/5/22 at 06:22 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#179TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 2/5/22 at 7:17pm

I've seen four shows in the past two weeks, all four have been nearly sold-out(90%?). Come From Away, Hadestown, Company & Book of Mormon. The lack of shows are clearly helping those that are still running. TKTS only had ten out of the 19 Broadway shows up today. Also, the drop in COVID cases seems to help in getting more people out. Even my local theaters here in NJ seem to be doing much better now than two months ago.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Theater3232
#180TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 2/5/22 at 8:50pm

The seating chart/ticket sales for next week's performances (such as Tuesday 7pm) are quite telling.  Plus the entire vast rear mezz is closed off.  There's a reason why they're not reporting the grosses. We don't know the price (if any) being paid for the seats being filled.

Updated On: 2/5/22 at 08:50 PM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#181TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 2/5/22 at 8:59pm

I think this will end up closing on / around Easter Sunday, and Britney will begin performances in the fall. 

Oh look, a bibu!

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#182TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 11:31am

Selling two tickets to TINA for this Friday (4/29) at 8pm.

Orchestra Row L, two seats on the aisle. Asking what I paid for them, $224 (200 without fees).

Please PM or email (preferably). Thanks!

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

JSquared2
#183TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 12:02pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "I think this will end up closing on / around Easter Sunday, and Britney will begin performances in the fall."

This didn't age well.  Care to try again??

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#184TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 12:11pm

JSquared2 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "I think this will end up closing on / around Easter Sunday, and Britney will begin performances in the fall."

This didn't age well. Care to try again??
"

I was just guessing… let’s now see if Tina can survive the summer months. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#185TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 12:20pm

^ It's rude to "guess" closing dates. Perhaps making the choice not to do that is best?

Hey Victor, Tina is still open. You mad? TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#186TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 1:30pm

I think it's safe to say we are all surprised that they are (a) running, and (b) finding success with this unusual strategy of no major discounts. Grossing north of 800K with only 60% of seats filled and an average price of of $115 is pretty damn good.

People can and should guess/predict what they want about the financial decisions of a private business entity.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#187TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 1:40pm

Tina seems safe for the summer. Probably gone by Labor Day, especially with no theaters free currently.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#188TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 2:35pm

Sutton Ross said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "I think it's safe to say we areallsurprised that they are (a) running, and (b) finding success with this unusual strategy of no major discounts. Grossing north of 800K with only 60% of seats filled and an average price of of $115 is pretty damn good.

People can and should guess/predict what they want about the financial decisions of a private business entity.
"

Yeah, none of that is true and speak for yourself only. Thanks so much.
"

Incorrect. Most of what Ermengarde says is demonstrably true. Obviously, the remainder is opinion, something that is not susceptible to a true/false dichotomy and thus equally incorrect. You might want to work on accuracy so as to avoid repeated embarrassment.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#189TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 3:07pm

Sutton do you even see shows or are you just here to be a snarky teenager? You are so nasty in your responses to people. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#190TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 3:13pm

Heard that ''The Devil Wears Prada'' will take the Lunt-Fontanne TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#191TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 3:34pm

Hm, interesting. I feel like the Lunt tends to be for "big" shows. I'd think Devil would be more along the lines of Pretty Woman in scale? But, hey, maybe we're wrong.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#192TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 4:30pm

So would that mean Britney to the Nederlander after Mr. Sat? 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#193TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 4:54pm

Size wise I'd say that makes more sense. But we've still got & Juliet and Cinderella coming in.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#194TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 4:57pm

Sutton Ross said: "^ It's rude to "guess" closing dates. Perhaps making the choice not to do that is best?

Hey Victor, Tina is still open. You mad? TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
"

I honestly don’t see how it’s rude to guess when a show will close. It’s not like EDSOSLO858 is wishing for them to close.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#195TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 6:15pm

Call_me_jorge said: "I honestly don’t see how it’s rude to guess when a show will close. It’s not likeEDSOSLO858 is wishing for them to close."

It isn't. You are trying to understand a Trumpesque mentality and it's not possible.

iluvtheatertrash
#196TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 7:10pm

The producers have committed to the fall, maybe even end of year. Unless something has changed in the last week and not reached us lowly ushers. 

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#197TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 7:24pm

iluvtheatertrash said: "The producers have committed to the fall, maybe even end of year. Unless something has changed in the last week and not reached us lowly ushers."

This is encouraging. Though as you probably know very well, any actual decision would not reach the actors, the ushers, the investors, or anyone else in the building until the day of the announcement to the general public.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#198TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/24/22 at 11:31pm

iluvtheatertrash said: "The producers have committed to the fall, maybe even end of year."

What have the audiences committed to?

iluvtheatertrash
#199TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
Posted: 4/25/22 at 9:48am

Some producers are willing to bleed money. Ours have told Nederlander they’re there for a while. 

that could change, but our supervisors have been adamant it’ll be there thru the summer.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman