pixeltracker

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME - P/reviews & News Thread- Page 8

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME - P/reviews & News Thread

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#175ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/9/23 at 3:26pm

pablitonizer said: "theaterdrew said: "

It's definitely evolved. One of the cast posted an IG story that showed the new set and they've added a lot. This show is flying under the radar."

That's right! The ball's new set is great, and I even love the stepmother's new look! Also today they were adding the new marquee with the princesses outside the theater
"

Where can one see these pictures? I'm going Monday night, but would love to see what the new set looks like.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

pablitonizer
#176ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/9/23 at 3:34pm

bwayphreak234 said: "pablitonizer said: "theaterdrew said: "

It's definitely evolved. One of the cast posted an IG story that showed the new set and they've added a lot. This show is flying under the radar."

That's right! The ball's new set is great, and I even love the stepmother's new look! Also today they were adding the new marquee with the princesses outside the theater
"

Where can one see these pictures? I'm going Monday night, but would love to see what the new set looks like.
"

You can get a very tiny glimpse of the ball's set here https://www.tiktok.com/@livbattistaa/video/7228406124569988395

And here's the stepmoher (Jennifer Simard) new look: https://i.ibb.co/NZmXCS9/stepmother.png

Also

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Gimme more has been added to the setlist

but no more spoilers! Just go and have a great time! 

Updated On: 5/9/23 at 03:34 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#177ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/9/23 at 9:06pm

Eh still looks pretty cheap to me, given the other shows on Broadway, but I'll wait to be surprised. 

If only Britney had given her consent and became the main investor this show would be on fire, but it's get an ick feeling to it much like MJ, but hey that's selling well so I guess people don't care. 

pablitonizer
#178ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/10/23 at 5:08pm

Sneak peek of the stepmother, stepsister, the narrator and the O.F.G. looks

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsE3_9jPaI8/

Love the narrator's new look!

Updated On: 5/10/23 at 05:08 PM

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#179ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/10/23 at 5:20pm

Some performances from the first week are up on TDF!

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

Dolly80
#180ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/10/23 at 6:13pm

That set still looks absolutely hideous

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#181ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/10/23 at 8:19pm

I had little to no interest in seeing this before those clips and promo shots, but they sold me and I’m seeing this next week with a couple friends. Genuinely excited. It looks like a blast.

yyys
#182ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/11/23 at 10:17am

I hope they made some major rewrites to the book as well as the set as both were not Broadway ready when I saw it in DC.

ElephantLoveMedley
#183ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/11/23 at 10:23am

I’ve said many times on here that I thought this show was a total blast in DC. The material was shockingly strong. The production just looked insanely cheap, and this is not a show that should look cheap at all. It deserves a Moulin Rouge or & Juliet visual treatment. Continuing to hold out hope that they are beefing up the design for Broadway. 

theaterdrew Profile Photo
theaterdrew
#184ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/11/23 at 11:25am

There really isn't any doubt they're beefing up the set.  The costuming has also been taken up by leaps and bounds.  They saved all the design money for Broadway, lol.  Seems unlikely that if they've reworked the choreo, they haven't also reworked at least parts of the book, but we'll know for sure on Saturday. 

IIRC, it was the best selling show in D.C. Shakeshistory and there were a lot of repeat ticket sales.  Even with the busted set and low rent costumes.

PhantomMickey
#185ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/11/23 at 2:26pm

New code for $50 mezz and orchestra tickets; code expires 5/13

OOPS50

I didn't see it posted here previously so sharing and apologies if I missed it.

yyys
#186ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/11/23 at 6:47pm

BAD CINDERELLA > ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME by a mile......

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#187ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/12/23 at 12:00am

Britney Army… get ready to scream, and shout, and let it all out!

Once Upon a One More Time begins previews tomorrow (May 13) at the Marquis Theatre before a June 22 opening night. The jukebox musical features songs from Britney Spears’s catalog, and a book by Jon Hartmere that reimagines the happy endings for six iconic storybook princesses. Once Upon a One More Time is directed and choreographed by award-winning couple Keone and Mari Madrid; the principal cast features Briga Heelan, Justin Guarini, Jennifer Simard, Adam Godley, Brooke Dillman, Aisha Jackson, Ryann Redmond, and Tess Soltau.

“When our storybook heroines gather for book club, they always discuss the same book, Grimms’ Fairy Tales — because as far as they know, it’s the only book that’s ever been written. That’s until a rogue fairy godmother drops The Feminine Mystique into their corseted laps. From now on, ‘happily ever after’ will never be the same. Once Upon a One More Time weaves the chart-topping hits of the undisputed Princess of Pop, Britney Spears, into a brand-new kind of fairy tale.”

Who-o-o’s gonna go-o-o?

Oh look, a bibu!

BETTY22
#188ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/12/23 at 7:45am

Maybe it will attract the summer tourist crowd. 

Britney has a huge fanbase. 

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#189ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/12/23 at 1:27pm

Anyone else going tomorrow? I'll be in the Mezz

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

B.JAMES Profile Photo
B.JAMES
#190ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/13/23 at 4:38pm

I went to the final dress rehearsal last night (after seeing it in DC). They definitely made some positive changes to the set and costumes. 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Jennifer Simard singing toxic. Yes.

Other standouts were Circus and the finale. They gave fans bracelets that began to light up at the end of the show (the same ones they do at Taylor and other concerts) and the cast came into the aisles and had a dance party with the audience members.

I think the people it was intended for will like it. A large fraction of theatregoers is going to loathe it. I hope they cut a couple things out that were a tad cringe. My fear is that it will get drown out by Moulin Rouge! / & Juliet, but I hope it does well. It's a nice message and a fun night out at the theater.

Updated On: 5/13/23 at 04:38 PM

YvanEhtNioj
#191ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/13/23 at 7:51pm

Here now!

Took pics of the merch booth. After being on this board for 17900000 years, I still have no idea how to upload pictures. 

pablitonizer
#192ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/13/23 at 8:07pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "Here now!

Took pics of the merch booth. After being on this board for 17900000 years, I still have no idea how to upload pictures.
"

Haha try uploading to imgBB and then copy/paste the link here 

YvanEhtNioj
#193ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/13/23 at 9:36pm

Intermission update: 

If anyone, the gays are going to eat this **** up. It’s fun. Loud. Funny. 

Some issues I have so far are with Snow Whites jokes as they feel very drawn out. It’s like “okay. We get it”. The choreography is AMAZING but a lot of the finger and hand tutting needs to be cleaned up since it’s not together (specifically with the Princesses).

Someone said the set looked horrible and I strongly disagree as the set is pretty minimal. A video wall, a staircase, some trees. That’s literally it. 

As a whole, the songs fit pretty well into the story as they changed A LOT of the lyrics. The best performance so far is Circus. 

Is it as good as &Juliet? Eh. But it’s very fun and I can see it being successful with the right marketing. 

YvanEhtNioj
#194ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/13/23 at 9:43pm

Also if you sit in the right mezz or too far back there are some projections that you WILL miss. 

YvanEhtNioj
#195ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/13/23 at 10:43pm

Just ended. Act 2 feels a little rushed - the resolution kinda feels like “…that’s it?”  Otherwise I loved the show, highly recommend if you don’t mind JB musicals 

BCfitasafiddle
#196ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/13/23 at 10:59pm

My eyes and ears hurt. Loud as hell, BRIGHT as hell. Some fun moments. Simard is, as always, wonderful. It wasn't for me overall. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#197ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/14/23 at 7:02pm

Seems a very odd time to open a new musical. Like we're all still talking about the previous season as their awards haven't happened yet...yet this is in previews? Seems like they should have given it a month. 

Jumpin_J
#198ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/15/23 at 12:48pm

I'm so tired of shows that that believe that bigger, brighter, and louder equals more entertaining like watching a Michael Bay movie. If you need to do it that badly, you're compensating for the weakness in the production. I don't need it. 

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#199ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
Posted: 5/15/23 at 4:26pm

RippedMan said: "Seems a very odd time to open a new musical. Like we're all still talking about the previous season as their awards haven't happened yet...yet this is in previews? Seems like they should have given it a month."

I don’t disagree. I could absolutely be making this up/projecting but my hunch is that they’re trying to build a bit more credence/buzz by taking the Moulin Rouge!/Hamilton route of “our musical is so good, loud and renowned, that we know we’re going to build our audience and sustain ourselves all the way until the heat of the awards season next summer”. Or maybe, that line of thinking is more of an afterthought as a result of them just wanting to attract summer tourists. A mix of both, probably. That is to say, I’m sure there’s been a lot of strategic thinking behind the decision.

Again, maybe I’m reading it wrong.