pixeltracker

Company Reviews (and beyond)- Page 39

Company Reviews (and beyond)

JustaguyHjkasdf763
#950Company
Posted: 6/15/22 at 12:43pm

Anyway to find out is Doyle will miss a show this week because of Max?  Thinking of getting a ticket to Company this week, but want to be sure Doyle is not out.

Miserent Profile Photo
Miserent
#951Company
Posted: 6/15/22 at 1:02pm

Is Company still only doing matinees on Wednesdays?  If thats the case, I’m sure Matt will be at Music Man Wednesday evening.

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#952Company
Posted: 6/15/22 at 1:02pm

JustaguyHjkasdf763 said: "Anyway to find out is Doyle will miss a show this week because of Max? Thinking of getting a ticket to Company this week, but want to be sure Doyle is not out."

I feel like you’d be safest with an evening performance. If he does miss I bet it would a matinee. Just my 2 cents.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#953Company
Posted: 6/15/22 at 1:08pm

JustaguyHjkasdf763 said: "Anyway to find out is Doyle will miss a show this week because of Max? Thinking of getting a ticket to Company this week, but want to be sure Doyle is not out."

There is no way to find that out.

RWPrincess
#954Company
Posted: 6/15/22 at 1:12pm

ACL2006 said: "Heard there's a bunch of u/s on tonight. Can anyone confirm?"

Anisha and Jacob were listed as New Yorkers last night

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#955Company
Posted: 6/15/22 at 1:18pm

Is Patti back today?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Sytwix
#956Company
Posted: 6/15/22 at 1:22pm

according to Telecharge, Patti LuPone will not be at today's matinee but will be at the evening performance.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#957Company
Posted: 6/15/22 at 8:36pm

I went to today's matinee and as was previously stated, Patti was out. A card in the lobby listed the show as a sellout, a very good thing. When a Patti announcement was made before the start of the show, many people applauded when Jennifer's name was announced. Jennifer was good and the audience was on her side. I thought Katrina was good too. I very much appreciated the set and the little tricks, people disappearing etc... it brought an extra layer of interest. 

Matt Doyle was fantastic. He got huge applause for Getting Married Today. I had arrived early to the theater and was headed for lunch when I ran into him, so we reminisced and chatted for a minute and took some photos. Still as nice a guy as ever. Like Dick Clark and Paul Rudd, he has fountain of youth good looks.

Inside the theater I sat near two men who had seen Max Clayton in Music Man the night before. They said he was excellent and possibly better than Hugh Jackman, but they hadn't seen Jackman to compare fairly. Still, that was high audience praise.

Updated On: 6/15/22 at 08:36 PM

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#958Company
Posted: 6/16/22 at 1:07am

I have tickets for next Wednesday.

It's very possible the person I'm taking has Covid. We are awaiting test results.

If she tests positive, has Telecharge been good about exchanging for a later date?

I've never had to ask to do that before.

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#959Company
Posted: 6/16/22 at 6:55am

FYI, Patti was also out last night.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#960Company
Posted: 6/16/22 at 7:34am

Rudy2 said: "If she tests positive, has Telecharge been good about exchanging for a later date?"

I had to cancel my entire NY trip two weeks ago due to COVID and Telecharge stated that an official COVID diagnosis from a medical practice was required (home test results not acceptable). I was extremely ill and did not have the time or physical ability to obtain this, and eventually a manager said he would contact the theatres and request approval to cancel/refund the tickets. All of the shows purchased through Telecharge (A Strange Loop, The Minutes, and Company) ultimately approved the cancellation request.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#961Company
Posted: 6/16/22 at 12:02pm

Lot666 said: "Rudy2 said: "If she tests positive, has Telecharge been good about exchanging for a later date?"

I had to cancel my entire NY trip two weeks ago due to COVID and Telecharge stated that an official COVID diagnosis from a medical practice was required (home test results not acceptable). I was extremely ill and did not have the time or physical ability to obtain this, and eventually a manager said he would contact the theatres and request approval to cancel/refund the tickets. All of the shows purchased through Telecharge (A Strange Loop, The Minutes, and Company) ultimately approved the cancellation request.

"

Thank you! 

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

binau Profile Photo
binau
#962Company
Posted: 6/16/22 at 1:19pm

Eager to hear if Patti is back tonight!

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#963Company
Posted: 6/16/22 at 2:02pm

We can only assume that it’s Covid-related, as there’s no reason someone would call out of multiple performances following a Tony win. 

If it is, she’d have to isolate for 5 days. So she technically could return to the show on Saturday. Of course, there’s no communication about any of this, so who knows. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#964Company
Posted: 6/16/22 at 2:11pm

I don't think it's COVID. Originally Telecharge had her listed as performing in the evening show. It appears she was a last hour call-out based on Kathryn Allison's IG post about playing Sarah last minute again.

OhHiii
#965Company
Posted: 6/16/22 at 2:18pm

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "We can only assume that it’s Covid-related, as there’s no reason someone would call out of multiple performances following a Tony win.

If it is, she’d have to isolate for 5 days. So she technically could return to the show on Saturday. Of course, there’s no communication about any of this, so who knows.
"

Lol you actually can't assume anything. There are a host of reasons someone would call out multiple perfs following the Tonys. You do know other illnesses still happen, right? And, ya know, the stamina of a 73 year old woman may warrant some sort of rest? Particularly after the busiest period of the season.

If she has COVID, as an above the title star, they would have announced it as they did the first time.

luvbrdway
#966Company
Posted: 6/16/22 at 4:26pm

Cashier at the TKTS booth told me Patti was out tonight. I still bought a 12th row center ticket for $103.

JasonC3
#967Company
Posted: 6/16/22 at 4:57pm

No one needs to assume anything unless they choose to do so.

She's out.  That is all we appear to know for sure.

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#968Company
Posted: 6/16/22 at 6:19pm

For anyone wondering, Patti is back tonight! Manu Narayan is out and Heath Saunders will be playing Theo.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#969Company
Posted: 6/16/22 at 6:26pm

Manu is out a lot for somebody in such a relatively small and undemanding role.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#970Company
Posted: 6/16/22 at 6:47pm

I wouldn’t have really thought it, but maybe those high notes take a toll on him.

ashley0139
#971Company
Posted: 6/16/22 at 7:02pm

Kad said: "Manu is out a lot for somebody in such a relatively small and undemanding role."

Looks like a planned absence as he is at an event tonight in DC (per IG).

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#972Company
Posted: 6/17/22 at 2:27pm

Patti was indeed back last night?

ashley0139
#973Company
Posted: 6/17/22 at 7:35pm

Rudy2 said: "Patti was indeed back last night?"

Yes.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#974Company
Posted: 6/18/22 at 7:22am

Does anyone know if this production is being taped for PBS? I would love to see that.