pixeltracker

Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022

Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#1Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 12/22/21 at 3:52pm

For two weeks only at the Axelrod Performing Arts Center in Deal, NJ (the Jersey Shore). Previews (in this cast the first performance) at $32 plus fees and then are $50+ for the rest of the run.

https://www.axelrodartscenter.com/the-bridges-of-madison-county

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

SouthernCakes
#2Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 12/22/21 at 4:13pm

This seems beneath them but they’re going to sing the crap out of this. Wonder if they’ll change the show at all? One of the most glorious scores that had a bad production. And they prob could have deleted some characters and songs. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#3Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 12/22/21 at 4:49pm

Nothing will ever compare to Kelli and Steven singing AT each other with the best voices on Broadway. Full body chills. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#4Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 12/22/21 at 5:06pm

SouthernCakes said: "This seems beneath them but they’re going to sing the crap out of this. Wonder if they’ll change the show at all? One of the most glorious scores that had a bad production. And they prob could have deleted some characters and songs."

They've both worked in regional theatre frequently. And Hunter Foster probably called them up and asked if they'd like to do it. After the past two years, they're probably looking forward to playing great roles onstage.

No Axelrod is not Williamstown or Paper Mill, but for a 4-6 week contract within commuting distance from NYC, it's an easy "yes."

Updated On: 12/22/21 at 05:06 PM

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#5Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 12/22/21 at 5:45pm

I wish more Broadway "names" took on regional shows. Not everything and everyone can be on Broadway at once, spread the wealth around the country!  

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#6Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 12/22/21 at 5:51pm

A+ casting! Especially Baldwin! She will knock this role out of the park. 

SouthernCakes
#7Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 12/22/21 at 6:08pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "SouthernCakes said: "This seems beneath them but they’re going to sing the crap out of this. Wonder if they’ll change the show at all? One of the most glorious scores that had a bad production. And they prob could have deleted some characters and songs."

They've both worked in regional theatre frequently. And Hunter Foster probably called them up and asked if they'd like to do it. After the past two years, they're probably looking forward to playing great roles onstage.

No Axelrod is not Williamstown or Paper Mill, but for a 4-6 week contract within commuting distance from NYC, it's an easy "yes."
"

Totally get it. And it’s a wonderful show!

Collingswood
#8Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 12/22/21 at 7:44pm

No Axelrod is not Williamstown or Paper Mill, but for a 4-6 week contract within commuting distance from NYC, it's an easy "yes.""

Totally get it. And it’s a wonderful show!
"

Of course it's YES. Heck, if the contract fits in their schedules and families, why not??!!

Bravo/a!!

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#9Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 12/22/21 at 11:54pm

Just purchased tickets for this and can’t wait to hear Kate soar.  

Updated On: 12/25/21 at 11:54 PM

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#10Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 12/23/21 at 1:00pm

Just got tickets! I cannot WAIT! 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#11Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 3/11/22 at 10:19pm

Oh. My. God. That. Was. ALCHEMICAL!

Kate Baldwin fit the role like a glove and Aaron Lazar was a very unstated type of sexy you don’t often see on stage these days. It was so richly melodic and the sexual chemistry was CRACKLING!

Go if you can! GO! GO! GO!

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#12Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 3/11/22 at 10:29pm

How is Axelrod paying them? Having worked for them there's not much in terms of pay. And they don't exactly draw crowds. They're basically a summer stock theater.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#13Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 3/11/22 at 11:29pm

ACL2006 said: "How is Axelrod paying them? Having worked for them there's not much in terms of pay. And they don't exactly draw crowds. They're basically a summer stock theater."

It's common for actors to work for under $1,000 a week at scale in off-Broadway or regional/stock theatres. The only place where musical actors can earn money that's really worth their talent is on Broadway or Production Contract tour. Similar to what I said in December:

Baldwin and Lazar have both worked in regional theatre frequently. And Hunter Foster probably called them up and asked if they'd like to do it. After the past two years, they're probably looking forward to singing the crap out of great roles onstage.

No Axelrod is not Williamstown or Paper Mill. But for a 4-6 week contract within commuting distance from NYC and with collaborators they like, it's an easy "yes." 

Updated On: 3/11/22 at 11:29 PM

Jakeevan942
#14Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 3/12/22 at 12:00am

I was also at the Axelrod tonight. As someone correctly guessed when the cast for this was announced, they are most certainly singing the crap out of what is a stunning score. 

It's worth noting that the Jersey community theater model is to spend tons of money on the physical production, to mask a less than talented performance. Axelrod, since they transitioned to a professional company a bunch of years ago, takes the opposite approach. They put on shows which tend to be fairly minimal in terms of the technical elements, which works surprisingly well for this one, and put their money into talent and creatives-and it's only 4 Equity contracts, plus the stage manager. Some of the non-equity performers have worked with Hunter elsewhere, a few live at the Jersey Shore, and the rest I'm sure are working on this just to be able to say they worked on this production.

Updated On: 3/12/22 at 12:00 AM

SouthernCakes
#15Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 3/12/22 at 12:03am

Which is what is sad about the whole business. Come from money, you’ll be fine. But not many people can afford to work for that amount with commute. 

barcelona20
#17Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 3/12/22 at 10:45am

Wow. I saw this last night and I echo the previous comments.  RUN to see this stunning production! It just further proves that this show did not get the long run on Broadway it deserved.  Kate Baldwin was a revelation.  While nobody can ever match Kelli's high notes, she came pretty damn close.  On top of that, she brought so much humor to the role, along with heartbreak.  I can't recommend this enough!!  How often do you get to see two Broadway stars sing and act their hearts out in such an intimate theater at such an affordable price?  Aaron Lazar was excellent as well and his chemistry with Kate was intense! I will confess it's hard getting Steven Pasquale's perfect voice out of my head when listening to someone else sing this score, but Aaron was mostly up to the task.  Aside from the leads, I was also impressed with their 10 person orchestra and Giuliana Augello's passionate and strong Another Life. I would see this production another 5 times if I could!

Fire and Music
#18Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 3/12/22 at 2:00pm

I also saw the show last night, and Kate and Aaron were STUNNING. A couple quick change hiccups, but other than that, gorgeous. 

VintageSnarker
#19Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 3/12/22 at 7:12pm

I'm hoping for more promotional videos as there's no way I can get out to Jersey to see this. Two of the best voices in musical theater. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#20Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 3/12/22 at 7:18pm

just an odd schedule they have. Preview/opening weekend is fine(four shows). This coming week has just a Wed matinee, dark Thursday and then a four show weekend. Last week is a Wed & Thur matinee with a four show weekend.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

rattleNwoolypenguin
#21Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 3/12/22 at 7:47pm

I know I’m in the minority, but it’s a gorgeous score for a show where it really does a bad job justifying why we should care about investing in her when she cheats. And it’s just her slowly over the course of Act One deciding to do it. Just kinda left a bad taste in my mouth especially when they paint her husband as so decent.

The film with Meryl and Clint works better also cause he’s not some gorgeous hunk who comes to town and they capture her loneliness way more empathetically. He’s handsome but he’s older. 

I dunno. People obsessed over it, Kelli of course was genius but to this day I felt what could this show have been if you took everything about it and did a completely different story.

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#22Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 3/13/22 at 10:14am

rattleNwoolypenguin said: "I felt what could this show have been if you took everything about it and did a completely different story."

The Light in the Piazza.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#23Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 3/13/22 at 9:38pm

WHEW this band was hot. Did not expect to see Randy Landau on bass for this production (one of Bway’s best bassists, who played the original production). Overall the score is in great hands and the sound design was excellent. Band is fully visible on the side of the auditorium. Kate Baldwin sings it as well as Kelli did -- they’re different instruments, there's no competition -- and Bart Shatto brings more to the part of Budd than Hunter Foster did. He has a Mike Pence quality which somehow makes Francesca’s story more tragic. Aaron Lazar is great especially when dueting with Kate, but never hits the heights of Pasquale (who could?). His voice is eerily similar to Pasquale.

Overall production is totally professional and doesn’t feel like it was put up with just 2-3 weeks of rehearsal. Nicely, simply staged & transitions moved swiftly. No weak links in the cast. I wouldn't have guessed that most of these folks are non-Equity. Anna Louizos did the set design (another name I didn't expect to see). 

I've got a soft spot for the show but it would still benefit from a version that cuts most of the kids-at-the-fair stuff and Marge/Charlie stuff. It's a 2.5 character story, just keep the focus on Francesca and Robert. The act 2 "montage" of When I'm Gone is also still a little iffy bc there's so many years/events to get through in one song.

Small but appreciative audience. A nice treat for those of us with ties to Jersey!

Updated On: 3/14/22 at 09:38 PM

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#24Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 3/24/22 at 10:01pm

I am so so happy that I made the schlep to the Jersey Shore to see Bridges today.   What phenomenal performances from both Kate and Aaron.  I am still flying on cloud nine after a few hours in the car.  Such a treat to hear such a lovely score.  

They have so much chemistry together that I found them much hotter than Kelli and Steven.  Kate nails the Italian accent.  Those voices!!! Sheer perfection. Run to see this. It closes on Sunday 3/27. The theater was really comfy with easy parking.

A top highlight for 2022.

Wayman_Wong
#25Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022
Posted: 3/25/22 at 3:41am

Jersey Arts TV spotlights 'The Bridges of Madison County' at Axelrod PAC in N.J.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAMQrCUfZY