pixeltracker

Lillias White will be the new Hermes in Hadestown!- Page 9

Lillias White will be the new Hermes in Hadestown!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#200New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 7/30/22 at 8:31am

quizking101 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "A White actor is currently playing Hermes on tour."

Considering how very often he’s out per his (Latino) understudy’s Instagram page, I’d say hardly.
"

Okay, but that's not really the point.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#201New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 7/30/22 at 8:47am

JBroadway said: "RE: Chris Sullivan

Something tells me Rachel Chavkin, in particular, isn't gonna want to put a white actor in a role that's currently being played by a Black actor...
"

I understand why this is topic of conversation on a Chavkin show because of Patinkin/Comet fiasco, but it's an unnecessary and probably distracting topic of conversation nonetheless.

Just my two cents, but I believe that Chavkin has a far more nuanced approach to color blind casting than "race -casting" specific roles. Sullivan played the role before, deShields replaced him. Eurydice was played by a Black performer in a previous iteration, as well as in the tour cast. There's a Black performer playing Hades on tour. There's several other examples like that in her previous work too.

I think she innately understands the pitfalls of having a homogeneous cast, because she truly believes that diversity in backgrounds, cultures, and lived experiences of story tellers enriches a story's telling. You can see Sullivan's work in Hermes character building, he left an imprint on the show. Andres has too, in a very deep way. I can't wait to see what other iterations of this show would look like 10-20 years from now.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

InTheKnowEvenIfYouDontBelieve
#202New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 7/30/22 at 9:40am

Lillias starts in September for four months (maybe longer I haven’t heard an update on her contract length in a few months).

willep
#203New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 7/30/22 at 10:55am

I loved Chris in the role downtown. He’d probably get me back to see it. Lillias probably would too. So, if both of them are in the future I guess I might be headed back (I love the show and haven’t seen it since April 2019)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#204New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 7/30/22 at 11:09am

I'm curious if Lillias has the stamina for the role and to do 8 shows a week? She missed quite a few shows when Chicago reopened last year as Mama.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

troynow
#205New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 7/30/22 at 12:10pm

Actually Lillias was already scheduled to miss those shows at the start of her contract in Chicago. She had concert dates. NAMCO hired her LATE. And they had to work around her calendar.

Alexander Lamar
#206New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 7/31/22 at 7:12am

TaffyDavenport said: "Lillias was at the show tonight."

And again on Friday night. 

TaffyDavenport
#207New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 7/31/22 at 9:31am

Alexander Lamar said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Lillias was at the show tonight."

"

Yes, I posted that, as well.

#208New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 7/31/22 at 9:31am

Alexander Lamar said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Lillias was at the show tonight."

"

Timing of these things being announced usually changes by the hour but the plan is for her press release to come out this week. 

willep
#209New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/2/22 at 6:54am

Is T Oliver Reid involved with Death of a Salesman now too? Andre posted a photo on Instagram with him at the first rehearsal yesterday.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#210New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/2/22 at 7:47pm

anyone know why this thread is still called RUMOR: Who will be the new Hermes in Hadestown? seems like a strange title

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Emmeline Carter
#211New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/2/22 at 8:00pm

Hi, it started off with discussing the rumor of Neil Patrick Harris being the new Hermes. That was quickly debunked. So I changed it to a rumor/ discussion about a possible new Hermes. Haven't thought to change it. However, I'm open to suggestions about what it should be changed to! Thanks!!

Updated On: 8/2/22 at 08:00 PM

TaffyDavenport
#212New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/2/22 at 8:24pm

Don't worry about it, it's fine. If he had looked at your original post, his question would have been answered. If you feel like it, you can take "RUMOR" out of the subject line of that first post, but it's not necessary.

Updated On: 8/2/22 at 08:24 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#213New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/3/22 at 11:45am

Lillias isn't official yet, so it's still a rumor until the show makes an announcement.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

TaffyDavenport
#214New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/3/22 at 11:59am

That's what the question marks are for. Rumor is still implied, even without the word "rumor."

Updated On: 8/3/22 at 11:59 AM

#215New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/3/22 at 12:20pm

Emmeline Carter said: "Hi, it started off with discussing the rumor of Neil Patrick Harris being the new Hermes.!

"Tee hee https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRU2yQpK/?k=1

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#216New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/3/22 at 12:29pm

InTheKnowEvenIfYouDontBelieve said: "Emmeline Carter said: "Hi, it started off with discussing the rumor of Neil Patrick Harris being the new Hermes.!

"Tee heehttps://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRU2yQpK/?k=1
"

How obnoxious.

#217New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/3/22 at 12:31pm

n2nbaby said: "InTheKnowEvenIfYouDontBelieve said: "Emmeline Carter said: "Hi, it started off with discussing the rumor of Neil Patrick Harris being the new Hermes.!

"Tee heehttps://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRU2yQpK/?k=1
"

How obnoxious.
"

Keep giving me the reaction I did it for, baby boi, so I can charge up and do it again

latitudex1 Profile Photo
latitudex1
#218New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/3/22 at 1:12pm

Well, anyway...

Lillias will bring something extremely unique and thrilling to this entire piece. I can't wait to see what kind of marketing blitz they have planned around her. 

willep
#219New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/3/22 at 3:25pm

I knew there was a reason I roll my eyes at every one of your posts.

Emmeline Carter
#220New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/4/22 at 1:13pm

TaffyDavenport said: "That's what the question marks are for. Rumor is still implied, even without the word "rumor.""

Thanks, trying to change it now, but not sure how? Does anyone know how to change the title of a Broadwayworld thread? Thanks!

TaffyDavenport
#221New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/4/22 at 1:18pm

You just edit the subject line of your original post, but, really, it's not a big deal. It's fine if you leave it the way it is, and I don't know why anyone would think it was a strange title anyway.

Updated On: 8/4/22 at 01:18 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#222New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/4/22 at 2:53pm

TaffyDavenport said: "You just edit the subject line of your original post, but, really, it's not a big deal. It's fine if you leave it the way it is, and I don't know why anyone would think it was a strange title anyway."

sorry didn’t mean to offend it just seems like the thread is no longer about that rumor or really any rumors in general lol

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

willep
#223New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/4/22 at 6:50pm

Lol there are still rumors aplenty in this thread. Literally everything is a rumor until something is announced.

PipingHotPiccolo
#224New Hermes in Hadestown??
Posted: 8/4/22 at 8:17pm

latitudex1 said: "...

Well, anyway...

Lillias will bring something extremely unique and thrilling to this entire piece. I can't wait to see what kind of marketing blitz they have planned around her.
"

Marketing around her? The only people who know who she is Bway nerds who dont go to shows based on a bus ad. 

Videos