pixeltracker

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
OhHiii
#2A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 11:10am

Almost Famous was rumored for the Broadhurst. Wonder if this means AF will be at the Sondheim in the Fall. They haven't announced a theater chain have they?

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#3A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 11:13am

I love Robyn Hurder, can't wait to see her in this. Though I will admit I only know "Sweet Caroline" and nothing else by Neil.

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

nophibbing
#4A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 11:17am

OhHiii said: "Almost Famous was rumored for the Broadhurst. Wonder if this means AF will be at the Sondheim in the Fall. They haven't announced a theater chain have they?"

You don't think Almost Famous could go into the Barrymore? Paradise Square is going to close here anytime now. They haven't announced a theatre yet. Might just be waiting for a formal closing notice to be posted. 

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#5A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 11:19am

The Imperial may be available for AF, since it seems that ALW's Cinderella will probably not be happening................

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#6A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 11:22am

The8re phan said: "The Imperial may be available for AF, since it seems that ALW's Cinderella will probably not be happening................"

It most likely still is. When the West End production was given its closing notice, Lloyd Webber said "See you next March on Broadway" in a statement. This will be a new, revamped production with (production company) No Guarantees.

Oh look, a bibu!

YvanEhtNioj
#7A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 11:22am

What else is in the pipeline and needs a theater (for musicals)?
-Almost Famous
-Kimberly Akimbo
-Once Upon A One More Time
-&Juliet
-Come Fall in Love—The DDLJ Musical

Any guesses where these could go?

nophibbing
#8A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 11:24am

The8re phan said: "The Imperial may be available for AF, since it seems that ALW's Cinderella will probably not be happening................"

I'm pretty sure ALW said in an interview that it was going to get reworked a bit and transfer to Broadway for the Spring. And if he can't get the money he needs to mount it then it's not like he doesn't have the funds to get it up and running himself. Barrymore would be a better option for Almost Famous anyways because it's 400 seats less, and aside from folks familiar with the film and Tom Kitt, the show might have a tough time finding an audience on Broadway. 

OhHiii
#9A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 11:28am

nophibbing said: "OhHiii said: "Almost Famous was rumored for the Broadhurst. Wonder if this means AF will be at the Sondheim in the Fall. They haven't announced a theater chain have they?"

You don't think Almost Famous could go into the Barrymore? Paradise Square is going to close here anytime now. They haven't announced a theatre yet. Might just be waiting for a formal closing notice to be posted.
"

Ah! Yep, that makes much more sense. AF was supposed to go into the Barrymore after Inheritance closed, but we know how that ended.

YvanEhtNioj
#10A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 11:29am

There's no way in hell ALW is NOT going to get Cinderella to Broadway by any means.  

OhHiii
#11A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 11:31am

YvanEhtNioj said: "There's no way in hell ALW is NOT going to get Cinderella to Broadway by any means."

I'd expect an announcement soon...

nophibbing
#12A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 11:33am

OhHiii said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "There's no way in hell ALW is NOT going to get Cinderella to Broadway by any means."

"

I can't decide if it would be a better idea to open in the fall/winter and capitalize on the holidays and then try to power through the late winter, or just wait until the Spring and then have to compete directly with all these new musicals coming in. Could pull a Moulin Rouge and get it open and comfortable so that the show is in a really solid place come next year's Tony season. 

OhHiii
#13A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 11:48am

nophibbing said: "OhHiii said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "There's no way in hell ALW is NOT going to get Cinderella to Broadway by any means."

"

I can't decide if it would be a better idea to open in the fall/winter and capitalize on the holidays and then try to power through the late winter, or just wait until the Spring and then have to compete directly with all these new musicals coming in. Could pull a Moulin Rouge and get it open and comfortable so that the show is in a really solid place come next year's Tony season.
"

I don't think it really matters when it comes in...it's not a great show.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#14A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 12:22pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "What else is in the pipeline and needs a theater (for musicals)?
-Almost Famous
-Kimberly Akimbo
-Once Upon A One More Time
-&Juliet
-Come Fall in Love—The DDLJ Musical

Any guesses where these could go?
"

a few more musicals to complicate your list.

The 3 Sondheims:  INTO THE WOODS,  SWEENEY TODD,  MERRILY

DEVIL WEARS PRADA (rumored for Lunt spring 2023)

CINDERELLA

SING STREET

THE NOTEBOOK

LEMPICKA

EVERYBODY'S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE (what the heck is going on with this?)

BACK TO THE FUTURE

SUFFS

THE BEDWETTER

DANCIN'

HARMONY

BROADWAY VACATION

KARATE KID (feels like this could go the same way as Dave and The Flamingo Kid –– which is to say, it never makes it)

PAL JOEY

The Susan Stroman trio:  LITTLE DANCER,  NEW YORK/NEW YORK,  CRAZY FOR YOU

This isn't considering the plays, too (vague announcements like LEOPOLDSTADT and OHIO STATE MURDERS, rumors like GOODNIGHT OSCAR with Sean Hayes)

I think there will be a lot of things that would like to open in the 22-23 season but will actually open in 23-24 or later. Or never. There just aren't enough houses, and some shows have been on waitlists since pre-Covid. Next season feels like it could be a repeat of 2016-2017 where there were SO many new musicals opening and three of them made money (DEH, CFA, Anastasia).

Updated On: 5/18/22 at 12:22 PM

RWPrincess
#15A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 12:27pm

I'm happy to have this announcement now. I had been debating whether to fly up to Boston to see it and now I'll just wait. I hope Will Swenson transfers with it.

OhHiii
#16A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 12:34pm

I REALLY can't wait to see Lempicka again. Saw it at Williamstown the night the Brantley review came out and it was SO great. 

I think Goodnight, Oscar is a sure bet to come in and Audra will be what gets Ohio State Murders in as well. There's another musical lined up for the Lunt, but it's not Devil Wears Prada. 

Sondheim, Booth, Golden (Kimberly is rumored for here), Nederlander, Barrymore, Hudson, POSSIBLY the Music Box, Schoenfeld, August Wilson will all be open in the near future and more I'm sure, so there will most likely be a mad rush of shows again like 2016-17 like someone suggested where some good shows get forgotten that would otherwise thrive in a less crowded season.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#17A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 12:44pm

Love the cast, but I don't know who the audience for this is? I'm hoping for BEAUTIFUL's success, worry it's going to end up a LENNON-type lemon.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

itsjustmejonhotmailcom Profile Photo
itsjustmejonhotmailcom
#18A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 12:47pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "The8re phan said: "The Imperial may be available for AF, since it seems that ALW's Cinderella will probably not be happening................"

It most likely still is. When the West End production was given its closing notice, Lloyd Webber said "See you next March on Broadway" in a statement. This will be a new, revamped production with (production company) No Guarantees.
"

Calling No Guarantees a production company is charitable. It is led by a billionaire who has never produced a show (although she has co-produced/financed many.)

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#19A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 12:57pm

itsjustmejonhotmailcom said: "Calling No Guarantees a production company is charitable. It is led by a billionaire who has never produced a show (although she has co-produced/financed many.)"

That's verbatim from ALW's press release. I think he specified (production company) because otherwise it sounds like he's saying there are no guarantees that Cinderella will come to Bway haha!!! My assumption is that Christine Schwartzman is simply putting up a good chunk of the money for the Bway run and will get to attend some ad meetings & rehearsals as a result. ALW really doesn't work with partners.

YvanEhtNioj
#20A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 1:13pm

Lol damn tell us how you really feel, though! 

but honestly, I thought the same when I heard about this - I’m not exactly sure who the audience is and he doesn’t have cross-over appeal like Tina Turner, MJ, or even Donna Summer. 

Updated On: 5/23/22 at 01:13 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#21A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 1:17pm

Neil Diamond is a unique case where it might have better grosses out of town than on Broadway because of the Boston connection (no doubt why they chose Boston).

I also say this with the caveat that am not the target Neil Diamond audience!! But maybe they're hiding out ready to pounce on full-priced Bway tickets...otherwise, the Broadhurst may be vacant by springtime.

Also worth noting that this board's favorite whipping boy, Ken Davenport, is producing it –– along with Harmony and Broadway Vacation. The key art is quite lovely, and Once On This Island was great (but made no money), but that doesn't mean it's a sure thing.

KevinKlawitter
#22A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 1:24pm

So Anthony McCarten is pretty much applying himself to musician bios full time at this point, huh?

ElephantLoveMedley
#23A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 1:29pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "With all respect, the Neil Diamond audience is a middle-class "white trash" audience."

I typically look forward to reading your posts but found this comment to be really distasteful. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#24A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 1:52pm

I think "middle class" is accurate, but "white trash" is not. Yes, Neil Diamond has a connection to the Boston Red Sox because of "Sweet Caroline," but that didn't start until 1997, and he had fans for decades before that. I absolutely loved The Jazz Singer soundtrack when I was 10, and my parents were big fans who saw him in concert several times while I was growing up. I'm guessing they're going for the Beautiful crowd as their target audience, and, as is the case with most productions, the success of the show will depend on its quality, as well as the lead performance. 

Updated On: 5/20/22 at 01:52 PM

OrchardAndRivington Profile Photo
OrchardAndRivington
#25A BEAUTIFUL NOISE To Play The Broadhurst Theatre This Fall
Posted: 5/18/22 at 4:10pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "What else is in the pipeline and needs a theater (for musicals)?

The Susan Stroman trio: LITTLE DANCER, NEW YORK/NEW YORK, CRAZY FOR YOU

Has Little Dancer (re-)re-branded from Marie: Dancing Still back to Little Dancer? 

The Broadhurst is a good size for A Beautiful Noise... though I wish the Broadhurst would get a Schoenfeld style makeover/renovation at some point.. the drab Shubert grey/maroon combo is just so sad.

Updated On: 5/18/22 at 04:10 PM