pixeltracker

Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?

Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?

Musicaldudepeter
#1Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 6/17/22 at 6:08pm

Will we get a 2022 Broadway cast recording of the Into the Woods transfer do you think? Here's hoping!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 6/17/22 at 6:14pm

Just asked someone involved with the show this question last week and there’s nothing official right now. They hope so. 

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#3Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 6/18/22 at 3:26am

We can’t even get a Music Man cast recording starring Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster so I’m guessing no on this one.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#4Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 6/18/22 at 1:38pm

CATSNYrevival said: "We can’t even get a Music Man cast recording starring Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster so I’m guessing no on this one."

One production not getting recorded has no bearing on whether a totally unrelated production will get one. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#5Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 6/18/22 at 2:17pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Just asked someoneinvolved with the show this question last week and there’s nothing official right now. They hope so."

My HOPE is that Bareilles makes this an attractive prospect to record (along with the rave reviews and vocally-wonderful supporting cast). But the cast album industry appears to have changed a lot post-pandemic as people realize how little money there is to be made off these.

Musicaldudepeter
#6Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 6/18/22 at 3:52pm

There's been a recent trend in London to do live recordings of shows - it's probably cheaper? I don't know know why they wouldn't do this at least to make some extra coin. Crossing everything that we get an ITW album. There were rumors that the Music Man cast were set to record on 19 June - was that debunked? Not happening now anyway because of Hugh's Covid status... I would love to hear some news about some upcoming cast recordings for MM, Company etc.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#7Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 6/18/22 at 4:02pm

Generally everything is cheaper to do in London because of the unions –– filmed stage productions, live cast albums, shorter runs, etc.

My understanding (correct me if wrong) is that the cost of recording a cast album is only nominally cheaper live and it's more of a style preference.

Updated On: 6/18/22 at 04:02 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#8Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 6/18/22 at 4:43pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Just asked someoneinvolved with the show this question last week and there’s nothing official right now. They hope so."

My HOPE is that Bareilles makes this an attractive prospect to record (along with the rave reviews and vocally-wonderful supporting cast). But the cast album industry appears to have changed a lot post-pandemic as people realize how little money there is to be made off these.
"

Has it? The only shows this season not to announce/release recordings are Music Man, Funny Girl, and Company- and Company already has a London cast album, which is probably the main thing holding them back. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jordan Catalano
#9Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 6/18/22 at 4:58pm

I agree. The only one thats odd to not know about is “Music Man”. If Patti hadn’t been in the London production, I think there would be more of a chance of “Company” being done but seeing how her Joanne is already recorded there’s not an immediate “need” for it. 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#10Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 6/18/22 at 5:06pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I agree. The only one thats odd to not know about is “Music Man”. If Patti hadn’t been in the London production, I think there would be more of a chance of “Company” being done but seeing how her Joanne is already recorded there’s not an immediate “need” for it."

very much have an immediate need for it!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#11Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 6/18/22 at 5:34pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I agree. The only one thats odd to not know about is “Music Man”. If Patti hadn’t been in the London production, I think there would be more of a chance of “Company” being done but seeing how her Joanne is already recorded there’s not an immediate “need” for it."

But, but I need Bobby Conte's version of "Another Hundred People"!!! sad

Jordan Catalano
#12Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 6/18/22 at 5:58pm

Oh, I know WE have an immediate need for it. <3

Aidan Hughes2
#13Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 10:19pm

during the opening night interviews, the actor who plays the steward leaked that he is working on an album with the cast.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#14Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 10:24pm

Jordan, didn't you say something about it on another thread that they're recording this week? Please correct me if I am wrong.

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

AnythingYouDo
#15Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 7/18/22 at 5:48am

I'm happy to get a recording at all, but I do hope this new one will include some bits that have never been recorded before, including the Baker's Reprise, A Very Nice Prince (Reprise), the full Act I Finale, and the full Act II Opening. As many times as this show has been recorded, it's a little surprising that no recording has included the complete score.

onesongglory2 Profile Photo
onesongglory2
#16Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 7/18/22 at 5:48pm

Sara posted some footage from the studio on her Instagram stories. It happened today!

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#17Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 7/18/22 at 5:55pm

onesongglory2: Thank you for this!!!! AHHH I'm sooo happy that we're getting a cast album!!!

hak5 Profile Photo
hak5
#18Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 7/18/22 at 8:06pm

CATSNYrevival said: "We can’t even get a Music Man cast recording starring Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster so I’m guessing no on this one."

No one wants that.  However, we do want a COMPANY Broadway revival cast album !

hak5 Profile Photo
hak5
#19Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 7/18/22 at 8:10pm

CarlosAlberto said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I agree. The only one thats odd to not know about is “Music Man”. If Patti hadn’t been in the London production, I think there would be more of a chance of “Company” being done but seeing how her Joanne is already recorded there’s not an immediate “need” for it."

But, but I need Bobby Conte's version of "Another Hundred People"!!!sad
"

and I NEED Matt Doyle's"getting married" and Katrina's "being alive"

BCfitasafiddle
#20Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 7/18/22 at 8:20pm

Was Julia Lester able to record for the album? She's been out of the show.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#21Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 7/18/22 at 8:27pm

I’m so glad this is happening and, as others have said, I hope we get a more complete recording.

The OBC recording is definitive, but now there are really no LP or CD timing constraints…hope we get more music on this one!

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#22Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 7/18/22 at 11:39pm

And I'm hoping they track it more like the London cast recording rather than the original Broadway CD. I always hated having to sit through First Midnight to get to Giants in the Sky (as an example). Regardless, I am thrilled but have to wonder which cast is recording - Encores or Broadway. (My guess would obviously be Broadway, but I'll miss NPH and Sara's chemistry in "It Takes Two."Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

MemorableUserName
#23Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 7/19/22 at 12:03am

Broadway Bob* said: "I am thrilled but have to wonder which cast is recording - Encores or Broadway. (My guess would obviously be Broadway, but I'll miss NPH and Sara's chemistry in "It Takes Two."Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?"

It's the Broadway cast. Patina, Brian, and Phillipa were shown in Sara's stories, and Joshua posted a pic too.

ImAProphet
#24Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 7/19/22 at 12:47am

BCfitasafiddle said: "Was Julia Lester able to record for the album? She's been out of the show."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgLDiOcpIOA/

There's no vocal track for Little Red. I guess they're bringing her in another day?

Plexsis
#25Will there be a 2022 Into the Woods new cast recording?
Posted: 8/25/22 at 8:08pm

Hopefully we’re only days away from the announcement of the release date of the digital version that’s set for September.  Can’t wait to listen to this fantastic cast again.

Videos