Can tonsillitis be contagious?

Dollypop
#1Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 4:39pm

I'd hate to think an epidemic is breaking out at FUNNY GIRL.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

shocktheatre
#2Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 5:00pm

Dolly sez:

}I'd hate to think an epidemic is breaking out at FUNNY GIRL."

Epidemic of what exactly?

Seriously, I wouldn't worry. You can't spread something if you're not there. I'm sure the company will work around the spreader. They have been for months.

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#3Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 5:06pm

On a positive note, those afflicted will not be able to sing.  

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#4Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 5:10pm

Oh FFS.

Yes, it is contagious and can be spread by any number of viruses or bacteria that can incubate in the tonsils (a known moist spot where bacteria thrive well). Not only it can be spread via airborne droplets or fluid contact (kissing), but if not appropriately and immediately treated, it can cause an abscesses that can damage the tonsils and throat,

Signed,

A Nurse Who Can’t Believe He Is Answering This Flipping Question On A Broadway Message Board

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#5Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 5:20pm

we're not quite up to speed with the flow.  night, nurse.  

shocktheatre
#6Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 5:21pm

Impeach sez:

"On a positive note, those afflicted will not be able to sing." 

But how could you tell?

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#7Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 5:26pm

If you think Miss Thing actually has tonsillitis, I have a nice bridge to sell ya. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#8Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 5:36pm

People really believe she has tonsillitis?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#9Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 5:40pm

Again, Dollypop is pushing 80 years old and still continues to act like a childish 2000s teenager.

shocktheatre
#10Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 5:47pm

ACL asks:

"People really believe she has tonsillitis?"

NAH. We don't.

Updated On: 7/17/22 at 05:47 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#11Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 6:29pm

quizking101 said: "Oh FFS.

Yes, it is contagious and can be spread by any number of viruses or bacteria that can incubate in the tonsils (a known moist spot where bacteria thrive well). Not only it can be spread via airborne droplets or fluid contact (kissing), but if not appropriately and immediately treated, it can cause an abscesses that can damage the tonsils and throat,

Signed,

A Nurse Who Can’t Believe He Is Answering This Flipping Question On A Broadway Message Board
"

Really missed the point of this extremely sarcastic thread.......

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#12Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 6:36pm

Matt Rogers said: "If you think Miss Thing actually has tonsillitis, I have a nice bridge to sell ya."

Says Miss Thang https://www.instagram.com/p/CgDBnjLjciQ/

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

shocktheatre
#13Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 6:41pm

Robbe's post Re: MISS THANG.

And?

Updated On: 7/17/22 at 06:41 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#14Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 6:51pm

She shoulda said it was monkeypox and bought herself some more time off. 

shocktheatre
#15Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 6:55pm

Jordan opines:

"She shoulda said it was monkeypox and bought herself some more time off. "

Oh! We now have Wednesday's headline. When it rains...

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#16Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 6:56pm

quizking101 said:

a known moist spot where bacteria thrive well

I have a name.

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

Dollypop
#17Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 7:39pm

Beanie's mysterious maladies seem to pop up on 2 performance days so it's really probable that her illness-of-the week on Wednesday will be monkeypox. 

Schmergo2 Profile Photo
Schmergo2
#18Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 7:41pm

When I used to work at a preschool, we all  kept getting this gnarly virus that essentially caused the same symptoms as strep throat but we all tested negative for strep and therefore couldn't be treated by antibiotics, so we were each out sick for a good long time.

So if she is making up an illness, viral tonsillitis would be convenient because it can cause lengthy absences, whereas regular strep, you're usually back after 2 days of antibiotics.

But it could also be real, given that she recently got over COVID and has been under a lot of stress with this casting fiasco-- I wouldn't be surprised if her immune system was giving her some grief. I feel like  people I know recently got over COVID seemed especially prone to getting weird bad colds and viruses for a few months afterward. 

EDIT: I just saw her video and she says she was prescribed antibiotics. Sooooo... that means strep, then? Just regular strep? Or else this is one of those doctors prescribing antibiotics for a virus to appease patients.

Updated On: 7/17/22 at 07:41 PM

Sutton Ross
#19Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 7:44pm

At the beginning of this madness, she simply could have honestly said "Hi, I cannot handle this 8 shows a week, please put an alternate in". Could have saved everybody a lot of headaches including Julie.

Dollypop
#20Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 7:49pm

Sutton Ross said: "At the beginning of this madness, she simply could have honestly said "Hi, I cannot handle this 8 shows a week, please put an alternate in". Could have saved everybody a lot of headaches including Julie."

But our summer conversations would have been so dull otherwise....

Sutton Ross
#21Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 7:53pm

God, you're right. This has been a hot topic since last Fall when this bulls*it casting was announced. It's always fun to be right! But seriously, the comments, reviews, and drama surrounding this entire production? Hollywood couldn't write a better script. 

Dollypop
#22Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 7:53pm

Beanie should have just copied Mae Peterson and issued a ststement that she has " a condition...and if there's one thing medical science hasn't found a cure for, it's 'a condition'."

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#23Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 8:03pm

She says she is ill.  I believe her.  She may be completely out of her element as "Fanny Brice," and I have made numerous snarky comments about that, but I won't gang up on a person who very possibly might actually be sick with a lung or throat infection of some sort.  If she returns soon, great.  If she doesn't, the role is covered by another performer.  Wishing her good health.  

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 7/17/22 at 08:03 PM

PipingHotPiccolo
#24Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 8:17pm

a thread of people speculating that shes faking an illness to get out of performing, all of whom will then say "Oh, dear, no, we just were perturbed she couldn't sing the score, we wish her the best, we never meant any ill will!"

vipers vipe away

shocktheatre
#25Can tonsillitis be contagious?
Posted: 7/17/22 at 8:31pm

Piccolo tells us: 
"a  thread of people speculating that shes faking an illness to get out of performing, all of whom will then say "Oh, dear, no, we just were perturbed she couldn't sing the score, we wish her the best, we never meant any ill will!"

Well, oops. Perhaps if FG's "producers" had cast an actor who could do the role 8 times a week, as is customary on Broadway, we would not be on this particular chat board thread, don't you think?

At this point, I'd think the producers would be happy if she showed up four times a week. Or maybe not.

In other words, don't blame us, the audience who buy tickets and expect to see first-class material on a Broadway stage.

I'll send ol' pal Beanie an umbrella. She's almost done anyway. She says she can't wait to finish her last two weeks. I hope she gets over her latest malady.