pixeltracker

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl - Page 2

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#25Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 8:30pm

akhoya87 said: "I'd really like to know what's going through the mind of the person who paid $2,500 to see Lea's debut."

The person likely is thinking how happy s/he is to be seeing Lea in her debut as Fanny Brice in "Funny Girl".

Non sibi sed patriae

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#26Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 8:35pm

Highland Guy said: "akhoya87 said: "I'd really like to know what's going through the mind of the person who paid $2,500 to see Lea's debut."

The person likely is thinking how happy s/he is to be seeing Lea in her debut as Fanny Brice in "Funny Girl".

"

Or their wealthy parents bought the tickets.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#27Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 8:37pm

akhoya87 said: "I'd really like to know what's going through the mind of the person who paid $2,500 to see Lea's debut.

(This is not a knock on Lea -- seeing her in October, and refraining from commenting until then.)
"

Probably someone who could afford it and doesn't have to think twice about it.  Really rich people do exist. Good for them.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#28Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 8:37pm

So here’s the thing - she is perfect in the role. She’s much funnier than I expected which is a nice surprise to see. I don’t see much “Barbra” in her performance, although my friend says he sees a bit. But for a role she’s been practicing her whole life for, she is nailing it. Now we have to suffer through act two. 

Speed
#29Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 8:43pm

Or someone who doesn’t exist?  Tickets were going for $2500 but did anybody actually buy them at that price?  And yes, rich people exist.

ElephantLoveMedley
#30Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 8:44pm

She is absolute perfection. Completely nailing the role. Her “Parade” was of another world but her “Star” and “People” were also top-notch. Super funny and charismatic in addition to her world-class vocals. Couldn’t be more thrilled with her performance so far. 

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#31Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 8:47pm

So glad to hear this!

I just hope she doesn't pull a Streisand and in a couple of months start pulling back on her performance just to get through the night.

Papi2013
#32Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 8:49pm

Hopefully we can  get a more specific review once the show is over.  I don't know you people.. so not sure your even there.  But I hope you are and I hope you are having a good time.

Papi2013
#33Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 9:03pm

Jonathan Groff and Ryan Murphy share a hug during intermission.  https://twitter.com/variety/status/1567312240029888512?s=10&t=DxYUqHnVNMdG1YbZAqln5g

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#34Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 9:04pm

DAME said: "akhoya87 said: "I'd really like to know what's going through the mind of the person who paid $2,500 to see Lea's debut.

(This is not a knock on Lea -- seeing her in October, and refraining from commenting until then.)
"

Probably someone who could afford it and doesn't have to think twice about it. Really rich people do exist. Good for them.
"

Same people that just buy tickets for the US OPEN same day or day before and have no problem paying $2000 or $10,000 a seat. Money -price is no object for many!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#35Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 9:10pm

Jordan Catalano said: "So here’s the thing - she is perfect in the role. She’s much funnier than I expected which is a nice surprise to see. I don’t see much “Barbra” in her performance, although my friend says he sees a bit. But for a role she’s been practicing her whole life for, she is nailing it. Now we have to suffer through act two."

Playbill cover and how's Tovah???

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#36Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 9:19pm

Robbie2 said: "Playbill cover and how's Tovah???"

Penna2
#37Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 9:20pm

lkerr2 Profile Photo
lkerr2
#38Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 9:32pm

ElephantLoveMedley said: "She is absolute perfection. Completely nailing the role. Her “Parade” was of another world but her “Star” and “People” were also top-notch. Super funny and charismatic in addition to her world-class vocals. Couldn’t be more thrilled with her performance so far."

Is it true she's gotten 4 standing ovations before intermission? 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#40Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 9:37pm

Papi2013 said: "Jonathan Groff and Ryan Murphy share a hug during intermission. https://twitter.com/variety/status/1567312240029888512?s=10&t=DxYUqHnVNMdG1YbZAqln5g"

How precious is that? GO LEA!!!!

BrodyFosse123
#41Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 9:42pm

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#42Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 9:44pm

Hey, Mr. Arnstein… here she is:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRPEQrgP/

Oh look, a bibu!

OceansJenny Profile Photo
OceansJenny
#43Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 9:54pm

She sounds great! Even if I can’t unhear the vocal “cry”s she does ever since I saw a YouTuber point them out. But she has reduced them a bit.

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#44Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:00pm

Absolutely thrilling!

But (and I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer) can she keep up that vocal push 7 shows a week???

Updated On: 9/6/22 at 10:00 PM

BrodyFosse123
#46Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:09pm

Oy! They didn’t change that schloppy curtain call. 

lkerr2 Profile Photo
lkerr2
#47Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:10pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Hey, Mr. Arnstein… here she is:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRPEQrgP/
"

Lord. It's just the opening night but we already have 2 accounts so far of people recording inside and right outside the theatre for Lea lol 

ElephantLoveMedley
#48Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:10pm

Despite a silly mishap with the fake mustache during ”Rat Tat Tat” (which Lea handled in a truly professional way), she delivered a perfect performance tonight. She brought the vocal power that sorely lacked in the role earlier this year and it completely transforms the production. This Fanny is a STAR.

As one example — I saw Beanie several times and took a nap during “Music That Makes Me Dance” nearly every time. Tonight, Lea took that song that had previously made me doze off and turned it into the raw power ballad it needs to be to keep the audience engaged that deep into the show.

Multiple standing Os.

She sounds GLORIOUS alongside Ramin. 

Tovah is a massive upgrade as our new Mama Brice.

Happy to answer any specific questions about tonight’s performance but I can’t rave enough about Lea’s performance. Wow wow wow all around.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#49Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:12pm

Does she get to sing the final note of “Music That Makes Me Dance?”