pixeltracker

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread- Page 3

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#50COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/26/23 at 1:13pm

Again, I can’t really see any major players in this if it’s on a SETA contract and with work light being attached that doesn’t give me much hope. If they somehow send it out on a production contract I would love to see Carolee Carmello as Joanne, she’d nail the part. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

fosterfan2
#51COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/26/23 at 6:17pm

Does anyone think Jackie Burns would make a good Bobbie? I saw her in If/Then on tour and she was great.

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#52COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/26/23 at 6:56pm

fosterfan2 said: "Does anyone think Jackie Burns would make a good Bobbie? I saw her in If/Then on tour and she was great."

I thought this as soon as I posted my Abbie Mueller speculation. Jackie and Carolee Carmello would be a lovely treat. 

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#53COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/26/23 at 7:25pm

I would love to see Alice Ripley as Joanne

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#54COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/26/23 at 8:08pm

WldKingdomHM said: "I would love to see Alice Ripley as Joanne"

No, but I'll take Carolee as Joanne.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#55COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 1:31pm

ACL2006 said: "WldKingdomHM said: "I would love to see Alice Ripley as Joanne"

No, but I'll take Carolee as Joanne.
"

LMFAO

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#56COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 1:40pm

I guess the physical production requires a Bobbie with a slimmer frame, but it would be nice if they could cast a curvier actress, even cooler if not Caucasian. There's really nothing that says it has to be a Caucasian part, is there? 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#57COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 2:26pm

Nothing at all. Bobbie is just a single girl turning 35 living in NYC and trying to figure out what she wants.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#58COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 2:28pm

I’ve already seen the part played by a black Bobbi in London and it works just fine. The line re: do you know any blacks is quite weird and funny but it works. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#59COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 2:31pm

That's a line in the show? Don't remember that. That's kind of cringe. 

Touring wise, most of the big road houses have big backstages, so I think the physical production will travel easily, but it's also a big show, so wouldn't be surprised if it gets streamlined a little. 

I know Settle would never tour the show but how great would she be.

Bill Snibson
#60COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 2:42pm

The Broadway production relied on extensive automation and the use of lifts both of which often stopped the show.  Hope they will be able to figure out an easier way to connect the dots for the tour. 

OhHiii
#61COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 2:43pm

binau said: "I’ve already seen the part played by a black Bobbi in London and it works just fine. The line re: do you know any blacks is quite weird and funny but it works."

This line was NOT in the show on Broadway.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#62COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 2:53pm

….having problems posting an image…

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 1/27/23 at 02:53 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#63COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 2:55pm

Bill Snibson said: "The Broadway production relied on extensive automation and the use of lifts both of which often stopped the show. Hope they will be able to figure out an easier way to connect the dots for the tour."

I think it was about trying to fit everything into that tiny backstage space. On tour I'd think it would all run much smoother. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#64COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 3:03pm

Updated On: 1/27/23 at 03:03 PM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#65COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 3:07pm

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread

Updated On: 1/27/23 at 03:07 PM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#66COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 3:26pm

If anyone can recommend an image uploading website I can share a photo with Patti, Jonathan Bailey and Jennifer Saayeng as Bobbi but I’m struggling haha. Either not working or too pixilated. 

Updated On: 1/27/23 at 03:26 PM

OhHiii
#67COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 3:56pm

binau said: "If anyone can recommend an image uploading website I can share a photo with Patti, Jonathan Bailey andJennifer Saayeng as Bobbi but I’m struggling haha.Either not working or too pixilated."

More than one Black woman played the role on Broadway and played it beautifully. Save yourself the stress! :)

JSquared2
#68COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 4:37pm

everythingtaboo said: "I guess the physical production requires a Bobbie with a slimmer frame, but it would be nice if they could cast a curvier actress, even cooler if not Caucasian. There's really nothing that says it has to be a Caucasian part, is there?

The audience certainly did not think so when we saw Nikki Renée Daniels play the role beautifully when Katrina was out sick.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#69COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 4:37pm

I think all the Bobbie understudies on Broadway were women of color (so was her stand in at the end of Act I)- I’m not sure, someone let me know, but the only exception (if she was a Bobbie understudy) was Paige Faure and she was only there briefly. That “blacks” line was definitely not in the Broadway version here. Maybe Nikki Renee would consider a tour if Jeff Kready was also involved so they could take their children, but Brittany Coleman is already leading the Beetlejuice tour. 

OhHiii
#70COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 4:47pm

I could very realistically see them getting Betty Buckley to play Joanne on tour. Simard, I hear, is attached to an upcoming new musical that'll be out of town this fall.

Bill Snibson
#71COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 4:52pm

Betty Buckley is far too old for Joanne (she reads much older then LuPone). I'd love to see Nikki Rene get this part but even if Jeff joined too I'm not fully convinced these are reasons enough to pull your kids from their schools, routines, lives etc. 

sarcadam88
#72COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 6:41pm

How about Barbara Walsh from the 06 revival? She was just on the road in the Oklahoma tour.

JanMaxwellsBag Profile Photo
JanMaxwellsBag
#73COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 7:07pm

sarcadam88 said: "How about Barbara Walsh from the 06 revival? She was just on the road in the Oklahoma tour."

Joanneception!

I could use a prince to save me from my prince.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#74COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 7:18pm

sarcadam88 said: "How about Barbara Walsh from the 06 revival? She was just on the road in the Oklahoma tour."

How about Barbara alternates cities with Debra Monk, who played Joanne in the Roundabout revival and is the same age as Patti?

Ellen Harvey was a fabulous Joanne in Barrington Stage's production.

Updated On: 1/27/23 at 07:18 PM