pixeltracker

PƎTƎЯ PAИ GOƎƧ WЯOИӘ On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread- Page 5

PƎTƎЯ PAИ GOƎƧ WЯOИӘ On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread

Jonathan Cohen Profile Photo
Jonathan Cohen
#100PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 4/18/23 at 1:31pm

I tried rushing the show this morning, getting there around 9:40am. Ultimately about 30 people were in line and I think only 1/3rd of people in line managed to get rush tickets (I didn't). 

Given how short a time Neil Patrick Harris is in the show, it looks like getting a rush ticket is going to be considerably harder for the next couple of weeks. 

BenjaminNicholas2 Profile Photo
BenjaminNicholas2
#101PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 4/18/23 at 1:41pm

Agree with those who said the audience is the worst thing about this show.  Just horrible, loud and selfish.

So much so, that an usher showed up and told those around us that they needed to pipe down.  

The callbacks in this show are ruining it.  I don't care how well you 'know' the show or the actors involved.  You don't need to literally scream anytime one of them comes onstage.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#102PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 4/19/23 at 12:52pm

Might as well bump this now before tonight!

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#104PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 4/19/23 at 10:33pm

DTLI Consensus: An awfully big adventure that is definitely worth taking. 

9 positive, 4 mixed (including the NYT).

https://didtheylikeit.com/shows/peter-pan-goes-wrong/

Oh look, a bibu!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#105PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 4/20/23 at 9:01am

I ended up seeing this when a friend had an extra ticket. I hated THE PLAY THE GOES WRONG and am not a PETER PAN fan, and originally had no intention of seeing this. That all being said, I was shocked by how much I enjoyed this! It's very fun, and the physical comedy and set design are incredible!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

AntV
#106PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 4/21/23 at 3:47pm

Does anyone know if Neil is now scheduled for the matinee tomorrow? The original press releases said he would be out April 21 evening and April 22 matinee, but now their website only says the 21st and telecharge also only has a note that he will be out on the ticket page for the 21st, nothing on the 22nd. So has it changed and he'll be on tomorrow afternoon?

Robbie516
#107PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 4/21/23 at 9:41pm

Yes he’ll be in tomorrow…anyone know if he comes out the stage door after matinees?

Zeppie2022
#108PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 4/22/23 at 8:03am

"DTLI Consensus: An awfully big adventure that is definitely worth taking. 

9 positive, 4 mixed (including the NYT)."

That is pretty good and hope it can help the show run for a while. I loved "The Play That Goes Wrong" and sounds like this is just as funny. This type of show IMO is one that you are either going to love or hate depending obviously on your sense of humor.

Dollypop
#109PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 4/23/23 at 9:55pm

Any truth to the rumor that Dr Jill Biden is being courted as the next "Guest Star"?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Robbie516
#110PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 4/23/23 at 10:32pm

Not a shot

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#111PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 4/24/23 at 1:21pm

NPH has extended his run as Francis to May 7.

Oh look, a bibu!

Zeppie2022
#112PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 4/24/23 at 2:25pm

"NPH has extended his run as Francis to May 7."

Love it, wish I could see him in this show.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#113PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 4/25/23 at 3:20pm

SO exciting! I was hoping he'd extend! Have my tickets for may 2nd!

Dan6
#114PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 5/30/23 at 5:47pm

I recall that when NPH’s limited run was announced, it was also announced that there would be a rotating series of other guest stars joining the company after he left. Anyone know what happened to that? 

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#115PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 5/31/23 at 8:29am

Has anyone tried rushing this in person since NPH has left? Thinking about trying this Saturday.

Danasi
#116PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 5/31/23 at 9:58am

It seems like they decided not to have anyone else guest star after NPH extended. This article does say they could appear unannounced, but I've been watching to see and haven't heard of anyone else guest staring in the role. When I finally saw it last week Harry Kershaw from the original cast was the narrator

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#117PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 6/8/23 at 12:23pm

Ellie Kemper will join as a special guest from June 20-25

gibsons2
#118PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 6/8/23 at 12:54pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Ellie Kemper will join as a special guest from June 20-25"

Well, she sold it for me.

AntV
#119PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 7/25/23 at 12:38am

Was anyone here at the final performance on Sunday? Any fun happenings during the show or after?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#120PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 7/25/23 at 12:42am

AntV said: "Was anyone here at the final performance on Sunday? Any fun happenings during the show or after?"

I wasn't there, but Jonathan Sayer delivered a closing night speech:

Oh look, a bibu!

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#121PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 7/28/23 at 2:43pm

Has there been any news or rumors regarding anyone who is NOT continuing with the show through its LA run? Or have there been any rumblings about the likliehood of guest narrators at the Ahmanson? There's a strike on, it's not like most of Los Angeles is particlarly busy at the moment!

willep
#122PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 8/2/23 at 2:55pm

Bradley Whitford and Daniel Dae Kim announced as guest stars for the LA run.

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#123PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 8/15/23 at 1:26pm

Caught the show this weekend in Los Angeles, had an amazing time. The precision and skill it takes to do this kind of comedy as succesfully as Mischeif theater does it cannot be understated. The way Henry Shields can take a pratfall without telegraphing any of what is about to happen, Jonathan Sayer can wring comedy out of a scream, or Nancy Zamit can keep a smile on her face while conveying a sense of utter panic....it's a masterclass.

Bradley Whitford was in as the Narrator fitting right in. His disdain at the lunacy around him was hysterical. Delightfully, he was very much playing an ego-centric version of himself, at one point carrying out his Emmys to remind everyone that he was an award winning actor, and openly admitting that he was only there because he needed work during the SAG strike. 

Can anyone who caught Neil Patrick Harris or Ellie Kempner on broadway confirm whether or not there were similar self-referential jokes? From what I've been able to gleam, It seems like NPH didn't play himself, he played Francis Beaumont playing the narrator. Is that correct? Did Ellie Kempner play a version of herself? I know that she, like Whitford, didn't play Francis's other role of Cecco the Pirate. Very curious to know how this worked. 

suzycat Profile Photo
suzycat
#124PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
Posted: 8/15/23 at 5:42pm

The night I went NPH’s mom was in the audience, so he did a bit with her. Delightful.