A Dolls House or Fat Ham?

jbm2
#1A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/3/23 at 2:51pm

I have a wedding stay matinee available? Trying to decide which one to see?

A Justified Bean Profile Photo
A Justified Bean
#2A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/3/23 at 2:57pm

I haven't seen A Doll's House, but Fat Ham was excellent - highly recommend! 

The slotted spoon can catch the potato.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#3A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/3/23 at 3:04pm

Do you want to not be miserable and have a fun time?

Fat Ham baby! 

BETTY22
#4A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/3/23 at 3:25pm

A Doll's House. 

spicemonkey
#5A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/3/23 at 3:40pm

Fat Ham is good. But the fundamental message it tries to send out is nothing new.

Highly recommend A Doll's House. 

JSquared2
#6A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/3/23 at 3:46pm

No question -- A DOLL'S HOUSE.

Every regional theatre will do FAT HAM -- but this is probably the only chance to see the amazing performance that Jessica Chastain is giving.

PublicHorizons
#7A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/3/23 at 3:50pm

Fat Ham, it's not a brilliant play but loads and loads of fun- Doll's House is a pretty bleak production---Jessica Chastain is excellent but I wouldn't run to reccomend it.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/3/23 at 3:54pm

They are apples v oranges. I loved Fat Ham.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#9A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/3/23 at 3:54pm

This is a tough one. I thought “Fat Ham” was a really great, albeit imperfect play whereas “Doll’s House” is (again I have to say this before people jump on me) an awful staging of a great play with an INCREDIBLE performance from Chastain that elevates the productions flaws to a must-see. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#10A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/3/23 at 3:55pm

Chastain is great, but I’m picking FAT HAM a million times over 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

C4b2a3b
#11A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/3/23 at 11:24pm

Just saw both the past week. I really enjoyed Fat Ham, but Doll's House eeks it out for Chastain's incredible performance. The sound is just so fascinating, and I liked the pared down staging.

Buy a seat so that you have a clear view of stage right. 

Updated On: 5/4/23 at 11:24 PM

chrishuyen
#12A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/4/23 at 12:01am

I liked and appreciated Fat Ham but didn't love it (though I only saw it off-Broadway), while A Doll's House blew me away.  Though I guess it also depends if you'd like to skew more towards comedy or drama.  

Andy51 Profile Photo
Andy51
#13A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/4/23 at 12:18am

C4b2a3b said: "Sit on the left if you can (so that you can see stage right clearly)."  I assume you meant to say sit house right in order to see stage right clearly, since the seats that miss a big moment in this production are in house left.

Updated On: 5/4/23 at 12:18 AM

C4b2a3b
#14A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/4/23 at 12:21am

Andy51 said: "C4b2a3b said: "Sit on the left if you can (so that you can see stage right clearly)." I assume you meant to say sit house right in order to see stage right clearly, since it is seats in house left that miss a big moment in this production.

Oh gosh, yes, let me edit my original. I always get confused by this. Thank you

"

Updated On: 5/4/23 at 12:21 AM

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#15A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/4/23 at 4:05am

I'm gonna say Fat Ham here! I'm not sure why somebody said it'll be a popular regional work- I think the exact opposite. It's a brilliant and diverse piece that needs more love; the minimal staging in a Dolls House works as long as Jessica Chastain is there but Fat Ham is engaging through and through.

tomwsjr
#16A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/4/23 at 6:24am

Definitely A Dolls House 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#17A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/4/23 at 7:59am

FAT HAM all the way.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

gibsons2
#18A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/4/23 at 9:19am

Neither. Prima Facie or The Sign. But if you must choose out of the two, see A Doll's House. 

April Saul
#19A Dolls House or Fat Ham?
Posted: 5/4/23 at 7:27pm

Fat Ham is wonderful! Jessica is great in Doll's House, but Fat Ham needs and deserves the love between the two.