pixeltracker

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy- Page 26

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#625Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/3/24 at 8:57pm

Oh my goodness Jaime Lloyd is married to a woman and has a teenage actor son.  I thought he was gay

Seb28 Profile Photo
Seb28
#626Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/4/24 at 11:21am

jimmycurry01 said: "I am curious, at what point in the London run did you see this production?"

Mid december.

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#627Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/9/24 at 10:25am

OK so who on here was originally saying Sunset would be opening at the St. James in the fall???

Voter
#628Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/9/24 at 10:34am

Sunset BLVD going into the majestic.

Stranger Things into the st. james. 

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#629Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/9/24 at 10:38am

Voter said: "Sunset BLVD going into the majestic.

"

Source?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#630Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/9/24 at 10:54am

Lot666 said: "Penna2 said: "I cannot recall seeing an article anywhere where Patti Lupone has been complimentary of anyone who has re-created a role in a show she's done or a sung a song she sang. After Susan Boyle performed I Dreamed a Dream on Britain's Got Talent, she couldn't say how amazing and inspirational Boyle was, just talked about her own interpretation. Big talent, big mouth, small human being."

100%
"

Actually, Susan Boyle was on the CBS morning show shortly after she sang on Britain's Got Talent and they surprised her with a call from Patti who complimented her on her performance. She said it made her cry. She was asked about singing the song and when talking about it said that Susan could attest to it. She didn't really talk about her interpretation. She wished Boyle well at the end of the segment.

Just give the world Love.

Voter
#631Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/9/24 at 1:45pm

FANtomFollies said: "Voter said: "Sunset BLVD going into the majestic.

"

Source?
"

I don’t want to get the person who told me in trouble but I was rushing a particular show on 45th street (8th Avenue). He works for the Shubert Organization and I asked him when tickets go on sale for Sunset BLVD and he said when the Majestic theater is done by this summer (before august). He said that most of the seats are installed. 

FANtomFollies
#632Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/9/24 at 2:16pm

Voter said: "FANtomFollies said: "Voter said: "Sunset BLVD going into the majestic.

"

Source?
"

I don’t want to get the person who told me in trouble but I was rushing a particularshow on 45th street (8th Avenue). He works for the Shubert Organization and I asked him when tickets go on sale for Sunset BLVD and he said when the Majestic theater is done by this summer (before august). He said that most of the seats are installed.
"

Got it. I believe you, but I thought Sunset was going to open this fall, in which case I would have expected tickets to go on sale within the next couple months. I guess we'll see.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#633Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/9/24 at 2:28pm

Don’t tickets usually go on sale before the box office actually opens?

BETTY22
#634Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/9/24 at 2:34pm

Opens at St James in October. 

FANtomFollies
#635Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/12/24 at 12:25pm

Olivier Awards nominations just announced - Sunset Boulevard leads with 11 nominations. I wonder if the Broadway production's venue and ticket info will be announced after the ceremony on April 14th?

Variety article

inception Profile Photo
inception
#636Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/24/24 at 11:50pm

I spent the day doing a big spring house cleaning and put on the Glenn Close recording.  I've never seen the show,  & this is the first time I've listened to it.  I've seen the original film a few times in the past, maybe 25 years ago the last time.  

So, what exactly do fans of this show like about it?  From this recording it just seems like a rehash of the film with lousy songs.

I've been waiting for the announcement for the Fall, thinking I would try to see this much hyped production,  but now I'm thinking I probably won't bother.

It feels like this must have been tedious to sit through & I'm surprised it ran as long as it did during its original run.

For myself I don't find it compares  favorably to other big 90's musicals like Kiss of the Spiderwoman, or even Victor/Victoria which many who saw at the time panned.  I've watched the recording of V/V & actually found it quite fun.  Sunset Blvd just seems deadly.

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#637Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/24/24 at 11:57pm

inception said: "I spent theday doing a big spring house cleaning and put on the Glenn Close recording. I've never seen the show, & this is the first time I've listened to it. I've seen the original film a few times in the past, maybe 25 years ago the last time.

So, what exactly do fans of this show like about it? From this recording it just seems like a rehash of the film with lousy songs.

I've been waiting for the announcement for the Fall, thinking I would try to see this much hyped production, but now I'm thinking I probably won't bother.

It feels like this must have been tedious to sit through &I'm surprised it ran as long as it did during its original run.

For myself I don't find it compares favorably toother big 90's musicalslike Kiss of the Spiderwoman, or even Victor/Victoria which many who saw at the time panned. I've watched the recording of V/V & actually found it quite fun. Sunset Blvd just seems deadly.
"

I can remember feverishly searching for the World Premiere Recording back in the day when the internet was in its infancy and you had to track it down in a Music Shop that sold "imports" and being shocked to stumble upon it in this non-descript place in Allentown PA -  and even more stunned that it wasn't astronomically priced (like it had been in NYC getting over $100 for a double CD set - here I paid $30 only about $5 more than a regular release at the time)
And from the first notes of that overture to the last of the finale, I loved practically every moment of that score.  Which only improved with the American Premiere Recording and the revisions made.  To this day, there's rarely a week that goes by where I don't listen to some part of the score at some point - its still one of my all-time favorites

Cannot explain it to someone who doesn't like it.  But that's what makes theater and art something special is that there's something for everyone.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#638Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/25/24 at 10:07am

Previews begin September 28 at the St. James before an October 20 opening. Presale begins April 2.

The live cast album will also be released in October. 

Oh look, a bibu!

FANtomFollies
#639Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/25/24 at 10:10am

EDSOSLO858 said: "Previews begin September 28 at the St. James before an October 20 opening. Presale begins April 2.

"

Does this confirm the production is open ended? 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#640Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/25/24 at 10:10am

DAMMIT! I will miss this by about 2 weeks as I am moving to London for Grad School. Oh well. At least I will get to listen to the cast recording. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#641Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/25/24 at 10:11am

So will they announce what day Nicole will be off ? Tickets buyers won’t be happy

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#642Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/25/24 at 10:16am

WldKingdomHM said: "So will they announce what day Nicole will be off ? Tickets buyers won’t be happy"

It'll either be on Sundays or Tuesdays after Opening Night. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#643Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/25/24 at 10:21am

WldKingdomHM said: "So will they announce what day Nicole will be off ? Tickets buyers won’t be happy"

Tickets aren’t even on sale yet. I’d imagine even Seatgeek puts them up, it will be clear when buying, what days she’s off. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#644Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/25/24 at 10:35am

EDSOSLO858 said: "Previews begin September 28 at the St. James before an October 20 opening. Presale begins April 2.

"

Jokingly: I better hear every breath and every footstep if I must wait seven months for that cast album. haha.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#645Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/25/24 at 11:13am

Inception, I understand exactly what you mean and I would suggest just see this production. It’s nothing like you’ve heard or imagined from the original recording. 

——-

Clearly they are tying the cast recording release for the Broadway opening to generate publicity and buzz at the time. Annoying to have to wait! 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#646Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/25/24 at 11:35am

binau said: "Clearly they are tying the cast recording release for the Broadway opening to generate publicity and buzz at the time. Annoying to have to wait!"

Keeping my fingers crossed for one or a few singles leading up to the release!

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#647Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/25/24 at 2:32pm

Tbt to when Broadway Flash said “You’re going to have an egg on your face when the announcement comes”  on 2/23 when they insisted this was going into the Hudson, despite everyone with brain cells explaining why it wouldn’t work. 

AEA AGMA SM
#648Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/25/24 at 2:37pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Tbt to when Broadway Flash said “You’re going to have an egg on your face when the announcement comes” on 2/23 when they insisted this was going into the Hudson, despite everyone with brain cells explaining why it wouldn’t work."

They also had a pronouncement  that Thomas Schumacher would be reopening the Palace (I assume they were trying to allude to the long-rumored/wished for Beauty and the Beast revival going there) only for the Ben Platt concert and subsequent Tammy Faye announcement as the first full production to be going there.

wcoyote
#649Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
Posted: 3/25/24 at 3:10pm

chernjam said: "OK so who on here was originally saying Sunset would be opening at the St. James in the fall???"

Confirmed for the St James.  Performances will begin on September 28th, with an opening night on October 20th.