pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 1:22pm

Click below to access all the Broadway grosses from all the shows for the week ending 6/25/2023 in BroadwayWorld's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance (% of capacity) was: ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME (20.5%), THE SIGN IN SIDNEY BRUSTEIN'S WINDOW (13.6%), LEOPOLDSTADT (11.2%), FAT HAM (7.4%), HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD (5.7%), PETER PAN GOES WRONG (3.3%), CHICAGO (2.3%), MJ THE MUSICAL (2.2%), GOOD NIGHT, OSCAR (2%), THE LION KING (2%), GREY HOUSE (1.2%), THE BOOK OF MORMON (1.2%), MOULIN ROUGE! THE MUSICAL (0.6%), PARADE (0.2%), SHUCKED (0.1%),

Down for the week by attendance (% of capacity) was: HERE LIES LOVE (-16.3%), FUNNY GIRL (-3%), KIMBERLY AKIMBO (-2.6%), LIFE OF PI (-2.5%), SOME LIKE IT HOT (-2.5%), NEW YORK, NEW YORK (-1.8%), CAMELOT (-1.6%), A BEAUTIFUL NOISE, THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL (-1.2%), SIX (-1.2%), ALADDIN (-0.5%), & JULIET (-0.2%), WICKED (-0.2%),

Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

hearthemsing22
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 1:26pm

I don't know why A Beautiful Noise grosses constantly surprise me? I guess it's a big tourist hit?

pablitonizer
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 1:32pm

Oh yeah, OUAOMT keeps increasing its numbers little by little! great attendance this week as well

BETTY22
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 1:40pm

Good for Kimberly. I love this little show.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 1:43pm

hearthemsing22 said: "I don't know why A Beautiful Noise grosses constantly surprise me? I guess it's a big tourist hit?"

You also have to understand that the 50+ age groups are the ones coming in droves to see this!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Bennjii__
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 1:44pm

Do plays ever have the highest average ticket price? Prima Facie going insane.

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 1:53pm

Lea was out both shows Saturday .

hearthemsing22
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 1:58pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "I don't know why A Beautiful Noise grosses constantly surprise me? I guess it's a big tourist hit?"

You also have to understand that the 50+ age groups are the ones coming in droves to see this!
"

Excellent point. I did consider that 

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 2:35pm

Another great week for Kimberly! Leopoldstat is really ending strong too.

I feel as though NYNY will be the next show to announce a closing though I still think it'll play through most of the summer. Average ticket price shows that show near the bottom of the barrel (along with OUAOMT)

I think that's an OK start for the first full week of previews for Here Lies Love. We'll see where it goes from here.

Also a really great week for & Juliet. I think that will do gangbusters numbers this summer.

Updated On: 6/27/23 at 02:35 PM

perfectpenguin
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 2:45pm

Bennjii__ said: "Do plays ever have the highest average ticket price? Prima Facie going insane."

After the Tony win, all remaining tickets were priced at premium for the remainder of the run. Even last row mezz. People are paying. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 3:01pm

pablitonizer said: "Oh yeah, OUAOMT keeps increasing its numbers little by little! great attendance this week as well"

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the show opened last week so there were probably a lot of press and opening night comps that would factor into attendance. The ATP still being under $60 (which is about on par, if not lower, than the cheapest mezzanine seat) is…dismal for a show/cast/theatre of this size.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

pablitonizer
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 3:05pm

quizking101 said: "pablitonizer said: "Oh yeah, OUAOMT keeps increasing its numbers little by little! great attendance this week as well"

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the show opened last week so there were probably a lot of press and opening night comps that would factor into attendance. The ATP still being under $60 (which is about on par, if not lower, than the cheapest mezzanine seat) is…dismal for a show/cast/theatre of this size.
"

I see your point, but if you look at graphics, grossing numbers have been steadily increasing since it opened in May which is a good sign. Unlike other musicals that have been going up and down since their opening date

Updated On: 6/27/23 at 03:05 PM

BossBroadway
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 3:14pm

quizking101 said: Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the show opened last week so there were probably a lot of press and opening night comps that would factor into attendance. The ATP still being under $60 (which is about on par, if not lower, than the cheapest mezzanine seat) is…dismal for a show/cast/theatre of this size.

The average ticket price includes the comped, zero-cost tickets for opening night. The average ticket price would be much higher if opening night was a normal ticketed performance. Due to this, it should be noted that there were only 7 paid performances. with pretty much all of the total sales coming from those 7 performances. If they hit 700k with only 7 paid performances as opposed to 8, that's a good sign for this show. Their advance sale for this week is also significantly better than prior weeks. I wouldn't count this show out just yet. 

noahseestheatre Profile Photo
noahseestheatre
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 3:42pm

Good numbers for Kimberly Akimbo, Goodnight Oscar, and Prima Facie (among many).

Really rooting for GREY HOUSE, because I really enjoyed it, but it doesn't look to be selling very well.

Is anyone else rooting for Sweeney to join the 2mill club? Every week it is close, but no cigar

Updated On: 6/27/23 at 03:42 PM

bholtzinger544
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 3:57pm

Weren't they also heavily discounting previews to try to help with word of mount, similar to what Shucked did earlier this year? The coming weeks will be a lot more telling

hearthemsing22
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 4:04pm

bholtzinger544 said: "Weren't they also heavily discounting previews to try to help with word of mount, similar to what Shucked did earlier this year? The coming weeks will be a lot more telling"

I think they were doing something like a $50-60 deal for the first...month? 

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 4:08pm

BossBroadway said: "The average ticket price includes the comped, zero-cost tickets for opening night. The average ticket price would be much higher if opening night was a normal ticketed performance. Due to this, it should be noted that there were only 7 paid performances. with pretty much all of the total sales coming from those 7 performances. If they hit 700k with only 7 paid performances as opposed to 8, that's a good sign for this show. Their advance sale for this week is also significantly better than prior weeks. I wouldn't count this show out just yet."

Opening nights are (typically) not entirely comped. Producers just limit who is able to purchase tickets.

Penna2
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 4:29pm

Bette's Turban said: "Lea was out both shows Saturday ."

Will be curious to see what happens with both Ramin and Tovah being out for the next 3 weeks. 

BossBroadway
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 4:30pm

Over half of the seats that were there were comped, and the rest were family/friends of cast and crew that had discounted rates. That's why the average ticket price is so low. It was really still in the $70-$75 range. 

gibsons2
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 5:05pm

So happy for SLIH pulling a great number each week lately. It was such an uphill battle for them from the beginning. They deserve to stay on Broadway for a long while.

BoringBoredBoard40
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 5:40pm

I know it was only four performances but those numbers for JUST FOR US are rough. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#22Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 5:46pm

theatreguy said: "Opening nights are (typically) not entirely comped. Producers just limit who is able to purchase tickets."

The vast majority seats on opening nights are entirely comped. There are specific allocations for creative team, producers, investors, theatre owners, service providers, cast & crew guests, etc. If any tickets are on sale, it's usually a small number of last-minute seats in the rear mezz. With the rare exception of a VIP person or industry figure insisting on buying house seats, there's no limiting of ticket sales: they simply aren't being sold. So maybe they sell $8,000 worth of $89 tickets on Opening Night, but that's usually a luckiest-case scenario.

Bottom line is, for grosses purposes, just assume it was 100% comped.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#23Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 5:55pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "I don't know why A Beautiful Noise grosses constantly surprise me? I guess it's a big tourist hit?"

"

Their $99 discount code for orchestra seats end last week, too. Their new discount code (ABNBOX) for the summer excludes matinees.

This show sells their matinees well (90%-100%). Sometimes their weeknight evening shows get 50%. Hence the show's 69% capacity for this week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#24Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 6:25pm

ACL2006 said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "I don't know why A Beautiful Noise grosses constantly surprise me? I guess it's a big tourist hit?"

"

Their $99 discount code for orchestra seats end last week, too. Their new discount code (ABNBOX) for the summer excludes matinees.

This show sells their matinees well (90%-100%). Sometimes their weeknight evening shows get 50%. Hence the show's 69% capacity for this week.
"

I always wonder why a show like that wouldn't adjust its performance schedule for more matinees

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/25/23
Posted: 6/27/23 at 6:54pm

Come September their schedule is changing by adding Thursday matinees and eliminating Wed evenings. They have 4 matinee options (Wed/Thur/Sat/Sun) and four evening options (Tue/Thur/Fri/Sat).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Videos