pixeltracker

Next To Normal WEST END - News & Discussion Thread

Next To Normal WEST END - News & Discussion Thread

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#1Next To Normal WEST END - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/20/23 at 8:19am

Exciting!

https://www.whatsonstage.com/news/next-to-normal-to-transfer-to-the-west-end_1531485/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20November2023&fbclid=IwAR3YhIFUR3ZBxyEYXl28HZHG3o0SnWvXyrgddjbiI0xGMMKWCF8OaUDP3YU_aem_AY22eTCG245G8i8BBMwhm0vBfC6goblTSwFdmNwjdOb_ttebqrFS0v-S1E6VhBNw99A

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince
Updated On: 1/18/24 at 08:19 AM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 8:43am

The best news! Now we need confirmation of a Broadway transfer. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#3Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 8:52am

steven22 said: "The best news! Now we need confirmation of a Broadway transfer."

They're aiming for a Shubert house spring 2025, and I really hope they take the Booth again.

Oh look, a bibu!

BwayinVan
#4Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 9:18am

I’m going to be in London next September and was struggling to find something new that I wanted to see (first world theatre problems I know). I’m definitely getting a ticket to this. I wonder if the same cast will transfer including Caissie Levy?

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#5Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 9:24am

Interesting that it's produced by the original Bway producing team: David Stone and Jimmy Nederlander.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#6Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 9:56am

Pleeeeeease come to Broadway.

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#7Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 10:54am

BwayinVan said: "I’m going to be in London next September and was struggling to find something new that I wanted to see (first world theatre problems I know). I’m definitely getting a ticket to this. I wonder if the same cast will transfer including Caissie Levy?"

Caissie Levy 100% is, the rest of the cast is tbc

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#8Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 10:58am

What's Hadley Fraser up to these days? He could kill it as Dan.

Dusoleilcanwhistle Profile Photo
Dusoleilcanwhistle
#9Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 1:14pm

So happy to see this and hope it comes to Broadway as well. Truly even better than the amazing original production - Cassie Levy will walk away with the Tony and Olivier for this role.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#10Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 1:16pm

Oh I can’t WAIT for the Tony race between Levy and Scherzinger. 

Oh look, a bibu!

binau Profile Photo
binau
#11Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 1:21pm

Dusoleilcanwhistle said: "So happy to see this and hope it comes to Broadway as well. Truly even better than the amazing original production - Cassie Levy will walk away with the Tony and Olivier for this role."

Unfortunately I think Nicole S has made this race much more challenging now. Don't get me wrong, C Levy's performance is excellent and worthy of an Olivier or Tony award, but so is Nicole's. At this moment, I actually see it more likely to go to Nicole because of the buzz of the show being more recent etc. plus it's a very exciting star-driven performance. Makes me sad but this calendar year of theatre in London has been exceptionally strong - amazingly strong. And there can only be one winner*.

* Besides the real winners that are audience members who get to see all this incredible work. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 11/20/23 at 01:21 PM

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#12Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 1:51pm

I was so excited that Caissie and Nicole would be eligible in different years for the Oliviers, but I forgot that Donmar is a qualified venue. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#13Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 3:39pm

We too are excited given we should be in London end of June, but will wait for some casting announcement. No indication it will be Levy. 

Brave choices (which conceivably would sell lots of tickets - Billie Piper or Hannah Waddingham. Who says Diana has to be American?

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#14Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/20/23 at 3:52pm

ggersten said: "We too are excited given we should be in London end of June, but will wait for some casting announcement. No indication it will be Levy.

Brave choices (which conceivably would sell lots of tickets - Billie Piper or Hannah Waddingham. Who says Diana has to be American?
"

It's 100% Levy, who happens to be Canadian.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#15Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/22/23 at 5:26am

Katie Breyban will win the Tony for the smash hit that Tammy Faye is going to be on Broadway.   There’s also going to be Dolly Parton, Kristin Cheno in queen of Versailles, and possibly Idina.  Betty Boop, Belle and Alicia Keys either this season or next. The two women I’m sure are fantastic, but they will be more inclined to give it to a new original hit musical that will go on the road, rather than a star driven limited engagement. 

Broadway Flash
#16Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/22/23 at 5:28am

Katie Breyban will win the Tony for the smash hit that Tammy Faye is going to be on Broadway.   There’s also going to be Dolly Parton, Kristin Cheno in queen of Versailles, and possibly Idina.  Betty Boop, Belle and Alicia Keys either this season or next. The two women I’m sure are fantastic, but they will be more inclined to give it to a new original hit musical that will go on the road, rather than a star driven limited engagement. Also, I’d 

Broadway Flash
#17Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/22/23 at 5:29am

Katie Breyban will win the Tony for the smash hit that Tammy Faye is going to be on Broadway.   There’s also going to be Dolly Parton, Kristin Cheno in queen of Versailles, and possibly Idina.  Betty Boop, Belle and Alicia Keys either this season or next. The two women I’m sure are fantastic, but they will be more inclined to give it to a new original hit musical that will go oroad, rather than a star driven limited engagemen

Dylan Smith4
#18Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/22/23 at 9:02am

Broadway Flash said: "Katie Breyban will win the Tony for the smash hit that Tammy Faye is going to be on Broadway. There’s also going to be Dolly Parton, Kristin Cheno in queen of Versailles, and possibly Idina. Betty Boop, Belle and Alicia Keys either this season or next. The two women I’m sure are fantastic, but they will be more inclined to give it to a new original hit musical that will go oroad, rather than a star driven limited engagemen"

And where did you hear that Breyban is coming to New York with the show? Do you have insider sources or are you just making stuff up again?

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

binau Profile Photo
binau
#19Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/22/23 at 9:45am

I'd personally prefer the Tony to go to C Levy or Nicole over Katie Breyban (and I've seen all three performances!). But I wouldn't be disappointed In a win for any of the three - although feels like we're getting ahead of ourself predicting a race when not a single one of the three have even been announced to be performing their roles in NYC (or in the case of n2n/sunset even a broader transfer lol). 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

DBAK
#20Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 11/30/23 at 6:15pm

My fiance forwarded me the email that we qualified to book early since we had attended the production at the Donmar. I automatically booked tickets to the matinee and evening shows on August 24th!!! This will be my first solo trip out of the country. It didn't feel impulsive at all haha. Praying that Caissie returns and if the show *does* transfer to Broadway, I'm going to plan a trip to see it there too!

Pro-1686404964
#21Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 12/1/23 at 12:58am

Just thrilled!   Gotta see this production!!!

binau Profile Photo
binau
#22Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 12/1/23 at 2:01am

The producers appear to be David Stone and Nederlanders...surely this sounds like a Broadway transfer is on the cards. 

BwayinVan
#23Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 12/1/23 at 9:41am

Signed up for the presale and grabbed a ticket for Sept. prices were reasonable. I’m in row D of the stalls for about $145 Cdn (I know most of you have no idea how much that is lol but I paid more than that for my ticket to sit way further back at The Notebook this spring). 

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#24Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024
Posted: 1/18/24 at 7:47am

Full original cast returning

Dylan Smith4
#25Next To Normal WEST END - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/18/24 at 7:47am

The entire Donmar Cast will be transferring! I could not be more excited! 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2PMG2nI4OO/?igsh=MWJxaXBxYzJ4aDdzNg==

Updated On: 1/18/24 at 07:47 AM