pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 12:45pm

Click below to access all the Broadway grosses from all the shows for the week ending 12/3/2023 in BroadwayWorld's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance (% of capacity) was: A BEAUTIFUL NOISE, THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL (21.8%), HARMONY (10.1%), PURLIE VICTORIOUS: A NON-CONFEDERATE ROMP THROUGH THE COTTON PATCH (7.7%), WICKED (2.5%), CHICAGO (2.2%),

Down for the week by attendance (% of capacity) was: SPAMALOT (-14.8%), BACK TO THE FUTURE: THE MUSICAL (-13.4%), SWEENEY TODD: THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET (-10.6%), & JULIET (-8.7%), GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL! (-6%), SIX (-5.4%), HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD (-4.9%), THE LION KING (-4.8%), HADESTOWN (-4%), ALADDIN (-3%), SHUCKED (-2.6%), MJ THE MUSICAL (-2.2%), KIMBERLY AKIMBO (-2.2%), I NEED THAT (-1.7%), THE BOOK OF MORMON (-1.6%), HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO (-1.3%), HAMILTON (-0.9%), SOME LIKE IT HOT (-0.7%), MOULIN ROUGE! THE MUSICAL (-0.2%),

Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 12:52pm

Definitely a good bump up for Beautiful Noise. Merrily still bringing in financial success! Any idea if it will recoup soon? Some of these shows, though, I don't know if they will still be open after the Holidays. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

hearthemsing22
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 12:52pm

Wow! Alyssa Fox was out this past week and this shows Mary Kate Morrisey can bring in money too for Wicked. I hope she's in talks to take over at some point! 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 1:00pm

hearthemsing22 said: "Wow! Alyssa Fox was out this past week and this shows Mary Kate Morrisey can bring in money too for Wicked. I hope she's in talks to take over at some point!"

I don't think enough of the current audience demographic for Wicked knows or cares about who is in Wicked at this point in the run.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 1:06pm

I hav to agree, it's been a looooooong time since any noticeable difference at the box office when someone's out at Wicked.  (No shade on the actress.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 1:15pm

Big drops were to be expected after the Thanksgiving holiday, but some solid bounce-back weeks over at Purlie and Harmony.

Oh look, a bibu!

Sammy232
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 1:21pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Big drops were to be expected after the Thanksgiving holiday, but some solid bounce-back weeks over atPurlieand Harmony."

I'm perplexed by both Harmony and Beautiful Noise being way down over Thanksgiving week, and back up this week? Rooting for Ohio, but I'm afraid they have tough times ahead.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 1:24pm

Hot damn, A Beautiful Noise! I know their Thursday and Saturday matinees were sold out for this week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 1:25pm

Harmony and A Beautiful Noise. Strange grosses this week considering last weeks grosses. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 1:37pm

Dylan Smith4 said: " Merrily still bringing in financial success! Any idea if it will recoup soon?."

Last I heard, they were on track to recoup by (or by the end of) January. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

emlo99
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 1:47pm

A Beautiful Noise went up! Nice.

Ohio went up too! They had 8 performances instead of 6 like the previous weeks

amiyagi
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 1:51pm

emlo99 said: "Ohio went up too! They had 8 performances instead of 6 like the previous weeks"

Yeah technically it did go up a bit but $354K gross with 71% capacity and $62 average ticket price is...not good. 

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 2:21pm

songanddanceman2 said: "Harmony and A Beautiful Noise. Strange grosses this week considering last weeks grosses."

The majority of the market for those shows right now (nyc locals/bridge & tunnel) were out of town last week or busy for the holiday and they are not tourist friendly titles or shows. The big, fully tourist-dependent shows all did terrifically last week.  This past week, things were back to “normal.”  

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 2:26pm

I really hope Ohio gets great reviews.

BETTY22
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 2:36pm

The HARMONY number makes me very happy.

I LOVE THIS SHOW.......

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 2:42pm

musikman said: "songanddanceman2 said: "Harmony and A Beautiful Noise. Strange grosses this week considering last weeks grosses."

The majority of the market for those shows right now (nyc locals/bridge & tunnel) were out of town last week or busy for the holiday and they are not tourist friendly titles or shows. The big, fully tourist-dependent shows all did terrifically last week. This past week, things were back to “normal.”

Pretty sure both shows are tourist friendly shows. Especially the jukebox musical.

emlo99
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 2:45pm

Yeah technically it did go up a bit but $354K gross with 71% capacity and $62 average ticket price is...not good."

Oh yea, it looks….’not good’ is a nice way of putting it. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 2:47pm

A Beautiful Noise did a study on their Thursday matinees, and it was approximately 12% of their audience for these matinees were tourists.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 2:53pm

The non-profits finally having a good season all around is warming my heart!

Those are crazy numbers for I Need That and a great first week for Appropriate! JaJa's also did solid numbers and I think both French Republic and Mary Jane will do better than it. I'm also expecting Vanya to be a big deal. 

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 5:05pm

A Beautiful Noise defies all the odds when it comes to normal trends. It never does what you expect it to.

Chicago held up well coming off Thanksgiving week compared to the other standbys. 

A glimmer of life for Harmony but I still don't feel great about it making it past January. 

How to Dance in Ohio is still looking really rough. It needs real strong reviews and I doubt that's going to happen.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 5:07pm

I expect Ohio will get polite negative reviews. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#22Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 5:25pm

Mr. Wormwood said: "A Beautiful Noise defies all the odds when it comes to normal trends. It never does what you expect it to."

A Beautiful Noise had its 7th best week ever and had an average ticket price of $157.

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#23Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 7:12pm

ACL2006 said: "Mr. Wormwood said: "A Beautiful Noise defies all the odds when it comes to normal trends. It never does what you expect it to."

A Beautiful Noise had its 7th best week ever and had an average ticket price of $157.

"

Yep, that was my point. It happened in a week where most everything was down. And then last week it looked terrible in a week where many shows had huge jumps.

Jarethan
#24Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 9:56pm

bwayphreak234 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Wow! Alyssa Fox was out this past week and this shows Mary Kate Morrisey can bring in money too for Wicked. I hope she's in talks to take over at some point!"

I don't think enough of the current audience demographic for Wicked knows or cares about who is in Wicked at this point in the run.
"

Totally agree.  I was surprised that anyone would think otherwise.  The star is Wicked.

Jarethan
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/3/23
Posted: 12/5/23 at 10:01pm

BETTY22 said: "The HARMONY number makes me very happy.

I LOVE THIS SHOW.......
"

Why would you be very happy.  It probably lost money last week.