pixeltracker

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway- Page 6

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#125Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/22/24 at 4:48pm

FYI, someone is selling orchestra D 9 on Sunday March 3 at 5:30p for $98 on the theatr app.

blasvader
#126Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/22/24 at 5:26pm

Lovely that Spielberg and Field went to watch together.

Cole Escola is so chameleonic, just looked at their material online.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#127Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/22/24 at 5:42pm

For no other reason than it's amazing, here's Cole Escola, John Early, and Kate Berlant recreating a scene from Showgirls:

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#128Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/22/24 at 10:45pm

Wow, that was amazing!! 

80 minutes of non-stop hilarity - a great mix of stupid sexual jokes and genuine funny camp, one of my favorite shows I've seen in a long time. So glad I was able to catch this, hope I'll be able to see it again one day.

That being said, the seating in this theater is ATROCIOUS. I know it's been said on here, but I was in the back orchestra and could literally see everyone in the theater moving their heads constantly trying to see around the person in front of them.

Miss10036 Profile Photo
Miss10036
#129Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/22/24 at 11:13pm

I haven't stopped grinning since I got out of tonight's performance, and whenever I think I'm almost done grinning, I think of another joke from this silly show and start smiling again.  Seriously one of the funniest things I've seen and I appreciate all the positive reports on here for helping make this a must-see for me!

inception Profile Photo
inception
#130Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/23/24 at 9:52am

Have had a few stressful days at work. I didn't eat anything funny.  But after watching some of their videos on YouTube last night, I dreamt that I was at a big super center type grocery store and when I went down the toy aisle, on the shelves wss a line of Cole Escola styled Barbie dolls - dressed up as a few of their different characters. 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#131Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/23/24 at 10:47am

“Okay. Good luck to them. I’ll pass. I prefer the show to be longer than the commute to see it.”

Quality, not quantity. Would rather be in and out in 80 for something great than 3 hours for something dismal 

SisterGeorge
#132Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/23/24 at 1:14pm

blasvader said: "Lovely that Spielberg and Field went to watch together.

Cole Escola is so chameleonic, just looked at their material online.

And Kushner.

Sister George

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#133Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/27/24 at 2:56pm

New York Times review is out (gift link)

"There’s little else in New York theater right now quite as surprising as “Oh, Mary!” Written by and starring Escola, it’s a bit taken to an 80-minute extreme that’s silly, nasty, tasteless and, in the end, good theater — the kind of show that will leave you gagging, both in the sense that you’ll be losing your mind with joy, and that you might just be grossed out."

MemorableUserName
#134Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/27/24 at 3:06pm

Interesting. Joshua Barone usually reviews classical music for them. This is certainly a change of pace.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#135Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/27/24 at 4:26pm

Yeah, very odd that it's Barone and not one of their theater critics, particularly for a high profile show.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#136Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/27/24 at 9:31pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "“Okay. Good luck to them. I’ll pass. I prefer the show to be longer than the commute to see it.”

Quality, not quantity. Would rather be in and out in 80 for something great than 3 hours for something dismal
"

That’s fine. Your opinion is as valid as mine. PS - they are now charging as high as $191 per ticket for this 80 minute thing. Have fun, all. 

BroadwayNYC2
#137Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/27/24 at 9:38pm

Will do, thanks!

JasonC3
#138Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/28/24 at 8:23am

Updated On: 3/2/24 at 08:23 AM

inception Profile Photo
inception
#139Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/28/24 at 10:06am

Matt Rogers said: "

That’s fine. Your opinion is as valid as mine. PS - they are now charging as high as $191 per ticket for this 80 minute thing. Have fun, all."

Not unheard of.  What's the top ticket price for Six?  I know I paid too much to sit in the mezz for that. And it's also probably more of a gimmicky thing.

terrilovesNY
#140Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/29/24 at 8:23pm

Saw this last weekend and what an incredibly fun ride! Cole Escola brilliantly brings Mary to life and Mary delights in tormenting this superb cast. Sets, lighting, costumes, wigs & music selections are perfection. 

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#141Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/29/24 at 9:54pm

inception said: "Matt Rogers said: "

That’s fine. Your opinion is as valid as mine. PS - they are now charging as high as $191 per ticket for this 80 minute thing. Have fun, all."

Not unheard of. What's the top ticket price for Six? I know I paid too much to sit in the mezz for that. And it's also probably moreof a gimmicky thing.
"

Six is a Broadway musical. This is a small off Broadway show playing at a theatre with legendarily horrible seating.  Speaking of legends, the new Charles Busch play starts previews this weekend, and prices for his play are nowhere near as outrageous as Oh, Mary. In fact they have (or had) $25.00 tickets available for early performances. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#142Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 2/29/24 at 10:18pm

Then I hope it has an intermission and runs longer than 90 minutes so you can go see it.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 2/29/24 at 10:18 PM

BroadwayNYC2
#143Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 3/1/24 at 12:40am

I’m going to put on the worst 17 hour musical just for you. 

lopside
#144Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 3/11/24 at 5:45pm

They've been doing a lot of promotion for this, even with it being mostly sold out. Further life?

ANewBrainn Profile Photo
ANewBrainn
#145Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 3/12/24 at 11:00am

Matt Rogers said: "inception said: "Matt Rogers said: "

Not unheard of. What's the top ticket price for Six? I know I paid too much to sit in the mezz for that. And it's also probably moreof a gimmicky thing.
"

Six is aBroadway musical.This is a smalloff Broadway showplaying at a theatre with legendarily horrible seating. Speaking of legends, the new Charles Busch play starts previews this weekend, and prices for his play are nowhere near as outrageous as Oh, Mary. In fact they have (or had) $25.00 tickets available for early performances.
"

I never understood the running time vs price argument.  Theater has never and will never be priced this way.  Also it seems like theres always these people arguing about "supply and demand" defending these insane $400 ticket prices on some shows around town, I think the prices Oh Mary is charging for one of the lowest supply and highest demand shows playing right now are somewhat reasonable for the quality of the show being put on.  That being said I had a perfectly fine time doing the stand by line which is offered for every performance to get a perfectly good $45ish seat to see the show which is amazing and worth every penny.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#146Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 3/12/24 at 11:18am

ANewBrainn said: "I never understood the running time vs price argument. Theater has never and will never be priced this way. Also it seems like theres always these people arguing about "supply and demand" defendingthese insane $400 ticket prices on some shows around town, I think the prices Oh Mary is charging for one of the lowest supply and highest demand shows playing right now are somewhatreasonable for the quality of the show being put on. That being said I had a perfectly fine time doing the stand by line which is offered for every performance to get a perfectly good $45ish seat to see the show which is amazing and worth every penny."

This.

You're not going to find a great seat to a sporting event or a major concert act for this price. Producers choosing to price their theatre productions at a certain level is no different than Apple choosing to sell the new iPhone for $X or Peloton charging $X for a bike.

These are all luxury goods and nobody is owed the opportunity to buy tickets at a certain price level.

With the "running time police," there seems to be no winning. If it's too short, one group of people will yell. If a one-act is "too long," a different group of people will yell.

spock2
#147Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 3/12/24 at 11:45am

any chance this will extend again? planning a trip to New York end of May and would love to see this, already gutted I’m going to miss Doubt 

theblackumbrella
#148Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 3/12/24 at 3:32pm

Is there merch?

inception Profile Photo
inception
#149Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
Posted: 3/12/24 at 3:42pm

theblackumbrella said: "Is there merch?"

You can easily make your own Cole Escola Mary doll using this Helen Keller Barbie.

I don't get anything from this link.

https://www.amazon.com/Barbie-Inspiring-Women-Helen-Keller/dp/B08J4HYSRQ

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway