pixeltracker

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews- Page 12

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#275CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 3:33pm

Broadway Flash said: "They’re already practically sold out through September. All this promotion i guess is for future performances even when they’re gone?"

They aren't even remotely close to sold out for the handful of dates I just checked in June. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#276CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 3:34pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "Broadway Flash said: "They’re already practically sold out through September. All this promotion, I guess, is for future performances even when they’re gone?"

This show is not going anywhere any time soon. They are gonna do what they've done with the London production and rotate celebrities in the starring roles. With all the time spent reconfiguring this theatre, they are likely gonna run for a long time.
"

Decades. I said this the moment this announced a transfer.

Oh look, a bibu!

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#277CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 3:41pm

Broadway Flash said: "They’re already practically sold out through September. All this promotion i guess is for future performances even when they’re gone?"

It's Tony season, dear. Shows are campaigning.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#278CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 3:41pm

Decades? Really?   Not a chance.  Average run for a revival musical is 12-18 months.  Could this make the 2-3 year mark? Maybe.

Has there been ANY revival, other than Chicago, that has run for even one decade?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#279CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 3:42pm

Practically sold out through September? You sure love saying stuff that is verifiably false.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#280CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 3:42pm

Those appearances cost tons of $$$.  The Tonys know they’re there. 

BoringBoredBoard40
#281CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 3:43pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "Broadway Flash said: "They’re already practically sold out through September. All this promotion, I guess, is for future performances even when they’re gone?"

This show is not going anywhere any time soon. They are gonna do what they've done with the London production and rotate celebrities in the starring roles. With all the time spent reconfiguring this theatre, they are likely gonna run for a long time.
"

Decades. I said this the moment this announced a transfer.
"

It will be lucky to run two years, the word of mouth is going to catch up to it unless they get superstar replacements which considering they couldn't even get a name to open the show as Sally already seems questionable 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#282CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 3:45pm

Broadway Flash said: "Those appearances cost tons of $$$. The Tonys know they’re there."

You don't know anything about how any of this works, do you?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#283CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 3:47pm

I really don't see how its model can be sustainable for decades- their tickets have to stay rather pricey to first cover the initial production cost, which will take a while, and then they have to stay pricey to actually run the thing, the cost of which is likely quite a bit higher than a comparably-sized production because of the preshow.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 4/29/24 at 03:47 PM

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#284CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 3:48pm

Of course, the producers' plan is to run as long as possible, but they also were likely expecting reviews to match the raves received in London.  The show is unbelievably expensive to run. They will have to get replacements who can sell out the show at an average $400 ticket price. The Sam Mendes production had no trouble finding replacements because the revival was so critically lauded and won Tony Awards for the creators of the roles.  I think they are going to have some issues replacing in this production after the reviews it received and neither Gayle nor Eddie is likely to win a Tony.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Fordham2015
#285CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 3:53pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "Broadway Flash said: "They’re already practically sold out through September. All this promotion, I guess, is for future performances even when they’re gone?"

"

Tell that to Here Lies Love

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#286CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 3:55pm

One would have hoped that Flash's recent "absence" would have taught them a thing or two.  But no.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

CreatureKitchen
#287CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 3:58pm

Also on the West End, it seems they've rotated in B and C-list TV stars mostly. That may be a viable option for filling a small West End theatre, but it's not going to sustain a Broadway run. Finding an A-list movie star who wants to be a replacement in a poorly reviewed Broadway show is going to be tough.

Broadway Flash
#288CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 4:05pm

They’re always sold out day of. I’m standing by my comment

BoringBoredBoard40
#289CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 4:06pm

Broadway Flash said: "They’re always sold out day of. I’m standing by my comment"

your comment said they were sold out through september which is incorrect

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#290CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 4:09pm

I loved this production, but the lack of the (expected) critical praise and the likely impending shutouts are not going to be conducive to a "decades"-long run... The shelf like of most musical revivals these days is 1-2 years if they're lucky.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#291CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 4:09pm

Broadway Flash said: "They’re always sold out day of. I’m standing by my comment"

Unless you've found a way to time travel to every future date between now and September to see the sold out shows, your comment is false. You're welcome to stand by it, but it just makes you look even more foolish than everyone already thinks you are. Take the L on this one.

Updated On: 4/29/24 at 04:09 PM

Broadway Flash
#292CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 4:12pm

Well it’s correct to me!  This is about them turning it into a long run, they already have no issue selling while eddy is there. 

FANtomFollies
#293CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 4:12pm

CreatureKitchen said: "Also on the West End, it seems they've rotated in B and C-list TV stars mostly. That may be a viable option for filling a small West End theatre, but it's not going to sustain a Broadway run. Finding an A-list movie star who wants to be a replacement in a poorly reviewed Broadway show is going to be tough."

That exact method has sustained Chicago on Broadway for many many years now. Not saying it will work for Cabaret but but there is evidence it could.

BoringBoredBoard40
#294CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 4:13pm

FANtomFollies said: "CreatureKitchen said: "Also on the West End, it seems they've rotated in B and C-list TV stars mostly. That may be a viable option for filling a small West End theatre, but it's not going to sustain a Broadway run. Finding an A-list movie star who wants to be a replacement in a poorly reviewed Broadway show is going to be tough."

That exact method has sustained Chicago on Broadway for many many years now. Not saying it will work for Cabaret but but there is evidence it could.
"

Chicago won best revival, had a film adaptation that won best picture like 3-4 years into its run and cost almost nothing to produce

literally comparing apples to grenades here 

FANtomFollies
#295CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 4:18pm

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "FANtomFollies said: "CreatureKitchen said: "Also on the West End, it seems they've rotated in B and C-list TV stars mostly."

"

Chicago won best revival, had a film adaptation that won best picture like 3-4 years into its run and cost almost nothing to produce

literally comparing apples to grenades here
"

I would bet that most people that bought tickets to see Ariana Madix in Chicago don't know or care what the reviews were like or if it won any Tony awards. You underestimate the power of fan bases. 

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#296CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 4:30pm

CHICAGO has been able to run for decades because of its unusually low weekly running costs. CABARET has one of the highest weekly running costs in Broaday history.  You can not compare them. 

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#297CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 4:41pm

Once you stop coming to any Cabaret-related threads around here for reviews, you may actually begin to find the humor is how prologues and stickers got some of you hot under the collar. 

CreatureKitchen
#298CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 5:08pm

QueenAlice said: "CHICAGO has been able to run for decades because of its unusually low weekly running costs. CABARET has one of the highestweekly running costs in Broaday history. You can not compare them."

Exactly. Chicago was incredibly cheap to mount and costs very little to run. Meanwhile, Cabaret is one of the most (if not the most) expensive revivals ever. Lately, we've seen large productions like that flounder when their big star/s leave (like Sweeney Todd). I just struggle to think of who could sell as many tickets as Redmayne that would also be willing and available to be a replacement.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#299CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
Posted: 4/29/24 at 6:48pm

FANtomFollies said: "
That exact method has sustained Chicago on Broadway for many many years now. Not saying it will work for Cabaret but but there is evidence it could."

Chicago has weekly running costs of $200 and a pack of Marlboro Lights. Like how could you compare the two? Cabaret required a massive renovation to the theatre. Chicago is Black Box production that doesn't demand much heavy lifting from its cast that allows people to go in and out. It's tickets are also CHEAP.