pixeltracker

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!- Page 2

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#25(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 9:28am

happy that Here Lies Love wasn't completely forgotten, but overlooking Conrad Ricamora in favor of Roger Bart in BTTF????!!!?  Hopefully, he'll be nominated next year for "Oh, Mary!"

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 4/30/24 at 09:28 AM

pair-o-dice
#26(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 9:28am

CHIP ZIEN!!!! What more can that man do to get one of these???

seraphim11 Profile Photo
seraphim11
#27(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 9:30am

heartbroken (but not surprised) about Conrad not making the cut for featured, I wonder if recency bias will hurt him again when it's Oh Mary's turn next year

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#28(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 9:31am

Days of Wine and Roses and Hugh Cole’s got robbed

yyys
#29(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 9:34am

Conrad had a very minor role in Here Lies Love from what I remember??

The8re phan said: "happy that Here Lies Love wasn't completely forgotten, but overlooking Conrad Ricamora in favor of Roger Bart in BTTF????!!!? Hopefully, he'll be nominated next year for "Oh, Mary!""

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#30(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 9:35am

yyys said: "Conrad had a very minor role in Here Lies Love from what I remember??

His role was absolutely not a minor one  

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#31(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 9:35am

I do feel kinda bad for the other 2 Stereophonic actors, they were just as good as everyone else!

Dreamer
#32(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 9:39am

Chip Zien!!! I'm heartbroken for him. He was fabulous and Harmony definitely deserved a nomination for best original score. Obviously the voters never saw Harmony since it closed way too soon. :(  

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#33(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 9:39am

I'm kind of surprised none of the actresses were nominated for Suffs. (I stand corrected as I didn't see Nikki James name when I first read through the list)

I was also expecting to see Lorin Latarro's name.

7 nominees in the best featured actress in a musical is unnecessary.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 4/30/24 at 09:39 AM

amiyagi
#34(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 9:41am

JudyDenmark said: "Tommy was legitimately robbed. Nothing other than revival? No lighting, sound design, choreography, Ali?? I’m sad - I loved it so much.

I hated Tommy and am shocked at the lack of technical nominations especially lighting and sound. 

Surprised Justin Peck didn't get in for direction or Francis Benhamou didn't get in for Prayer for the French Republic.

Heartbroken Chip Zien didn't get in for leading actor in a musical.

I had a lot of fun at Hell's Kitchen but it getting a book nomination, especially over Days of Wine & Roses, is baffling. 

And man were my predictions for featured actor in a musical almost entirely wrong. 

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#35(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!

Genuinely mad about the Roger Bart love when that spot could’ve gone to someone way more deserving in Illinoise. The Tonys don’t respect dance, but apparently they love a bizarrely over the top caricature. Sigh…

Jordan Catalano
#36(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!

DottieD'Luscia said: "I'm kind of surprised none of the actresses were nominated for Suffs.”

Nikki M. James was nominated  

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#37(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!

I still would have given "Here Lies Love" a best musical nomination. But glad they were noticed for score. 

Mr.Liir
#38(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 9:44am

Seems like a deliberate message to the mostly Chicago-based production team, if I had to guess.

I personally was expecting it to get a lot of unearned nominations and I think the noms actually went to better shows, for the most part. Lorin should have been nominated for Tommy though (and I would also argue HORR).

BossBroadway
#39(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 9:45am

Notebook deserved a score and orchestrations nom at the very least. Stereophonic has great songs, it does NOT have a great score. 

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#40(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 9:51am

BossBroadway said: "Stereophonic has great songs, it does NOT have a great score."

In fact, it does. Just because it’s not a musical doesn’t discredit the fact that Will Butler wrote great original music for it. Even if the year of musicals had been stronger, it still would have been nominated and would likely still be the frontrunner it is.

Jordan Catalano
#41(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 9:52am

BossBroadway said: "Stereophonic has great songs, it does NOT have a great score."

A LOT of people are gonna reeeeeeally disagree with you on that, me included.

Alex Kulak2
#42(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 9:58am

BossBroadway said: "Notebook deserved a score and orchestrations nom at the very least. Stereophonic has great songs, it does NOT have a great score."

I'm gonna really stir the pot and say that Notebook deserved the nomination over Days of Wine and Roses by a very wide margin.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#43(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 10:13am

BossBroadway said: "Notebook deserved a score and orchestrations nom at the very least. Stereophonic has great songs, it does NOT have a great score."

Orchestrations, yes. Score, no. Generic at best. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

cupofcoffee13
#44(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 10:15am

one actual surprise was Gatsby scenic design— HLL makes sense, but to choose Lempicka…. Interesting.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#45(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 10:24am

Really sad Illinoise wasn't more recognized.  Ubeda, book,    I wanted MORE.

Surprised at lack of Tommy noms, and which got in for best book for musicals.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 4/30/24 at 10:24 AM

Zeppie2022
#46(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 10:25am

"Genuinely mad about the Roger Bart love when that spot could’ve gone to someone way more deserving in Illinoise. The Tonys don’t respect dance, but apparently they love a bizarrely over the top caricature. Sigh…"

If my memory is correct, "Movin Out" and "American In Paris" actors/actresses got Tony nominations.

hearthemsing22
#47(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 10:25am

I am puzzled that Chip Zien was not acknowledged. Genuinely one of the most powerful, heartbreaking performances of the season. He was robbed, and I don't use that term lightly. 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#48(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 10:32am

I also agree that Stereophonic does not deserve score.  They better not win.  Adam Guettel needs to win. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#49(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 10:34am

Paul Alexander Nolan was robbed!   (Can't believe it took me this long to notice!)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.