pixeltracker

Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center

Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center

BCfitasafiddle
BCfitasafiddle
#2Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/22/24 at 10:37am

Running August 2–11, 2024 in the Eisenhower Theater, the production will star Steven Pasquale (The Bridges of Madison County, the Kennedy Center’s Guys and Dolls) as Guido Contini, Shereen Ahmed (My Fair Lady) as Claudia, three-time Tony Award® nominee Carolee Carmello (1776, Parade) as Liliane La Fleur, Sasha Hutchings (Oklahoma!,Hamilton) as Our Lady of the Spa, Lesli Margherita (Matilda, Dames at Sea) as Saraghina, Academy Award® and Tony Award® nominee Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio (Man of La Mancha, Scarface) as Guido’s Mother, Jen Sese(Hamilton, Hair) as Stephanie Necrophorus, Tony Award® nominee Elizabeth Stanley (Jagged Little Pill, On The Town) as Luisa Contini, and Michelle Veintimilla(The Visit, Gotham) as Carla Albanese. The complete cast will be announced at a later date.

Owen22
#3Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/22/24 at 11:52am

Tickets bought for the final matinee (oddly I have tickets to the last matinee of Gatsby the week before...).

Owen22
#4Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/22/24 at 11:58am

BCfitasafiddle said: "https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Andy-Blankenbuehler-Will-Direct-NINE-at-the-Kennedy-Center-Starring-Steven-Pasquale-and-More-20240522

Honestly, only not exciting part of this, to me, is Andy Blankenbuehler.
"

Oh please. He's a better director than Michael Grief who directs EVERYTHING.

aburnedhill
#5Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/22/24 at 1:25pm

Be still my heart. Lesli Margherita ! 

WindyNewYorker
#6Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/22/24 at 3:08pm

The 2003 Revival was a great production with Banderas, Benanti, Krakowski, Chita Rivera, and etc. 

Updated On: 5/22/24 at 03:08 PM

Sammy232
#7Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/22/24 at 5:39pm

Owen22 said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Andy-Blankenbuehler-Will-Direct-NINE-at-the-Kennedy-Center-Starring-Steven-Pasquale-and-More-20240522

Honestly, only not exciting part of this, to me, is Andy Blankenbuehler.
"

Oh please. He's a better director than Michael Grief who directs EVERYTHING.
"

I was also not excited about AB. Only Gold is in my top 5 worst shows I've ever seen.

gibsons2
#8Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/22/24 at 6:06pm

Sammy232 said: "I was also not excited about AB. Only Gold is in my top 5 worst shows I've ever seen."

Agreed. Only Gold was some horribly demented, idiotic and pointless show. Well danced though. 

Updated On: 5/22/24 at 06:06 PM

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#9Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/22/24 at 6:49pm

Ooooh Pasquale as Guido is perfection. Elizabeth Stanley strikes me as more of a Carla, but she’s brilliant in everything. And Carolee!

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#10Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/22/24 at 10:13pm

Wow. I’m back in D.C. now. I’m going. Front row.

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

The Other One
#11Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/23/24 at 6:43am

Good looking guy, great voice, but much, much too surly for this role.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#12Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/23/24 at 7:35am

Did you see him in Here We Are? He played a total goofball flirt. Not that Guido is a goofball, but he wasn’t surly at all in HWA. 

bowtie7
#13Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/23/24 at 8:54am

Any idea if this production is with or without Germans?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#14Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/23/24 at 9:00am

Was he really ‘surly’ in Bridges either? I don’t get it! 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

WindyNewYorker
#15Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/23/24 at 11:45am

His “Marianne” number in Here We Are is great.

BorisTomashevsky
#16Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/23/24 at 12:14pm

This guy doesn’t fit my definition of “surly”. Santino in the Nine “concert” last year was surly. 

SisterGeorge
#17Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/23/24 at 1:45pm

In the Kennedy Center's very well cast and highly entertaining production of Guys and Dolls last year, Pasquale as Sky Masterson was the tops. I'm giving this casting choice a 10.

Sister George
Updated On: 5/23/24 at 01:45 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#18Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/24/24 at 1:07am

Pasquale as Guido is A+ along with perfect casting all around so far but tickets are expen$ive! Was planning on a day trip for us and stay over but at these prices will have to be a same day Amtrak!

Do they ever offer a discount code for performances at the Kennedy Center?

• Orchestra F - 101

Standard Price$343.85

Price above includes:

Ticket Cost:$299.00

Ticket Service Charge:$44.85

EVEN 

Balcony A - 111

Standard Price$182.85

Price above includes:

Ticket Cost:$159.00

Ticket Service Charge:$23.85

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 5/24/24 at 01:07 AM

Owen22
#19Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/24/24 at 8:31am

BorisTomashevsky said: "This guy doesn’t fit my definition of “surly”. Santino in the Nine “concert” last year was surly."

I would actually use the word "unprepared"...

BorisTomashevsky
#20Stephen Pasquale to star in NINE at Kennedy Center
Posted: 5/24/24 at 8:51am

Owen22 said: "BorisTomashevsky said: "This guy doesn’t fit my definition of “surly”. Santino in the Nine “concert” last year was surly."

I would actually use the word "unprepared"...
"

Absolutely unprepared, but the lack of shame for that unpreparedness and his negative energy through the night was surly. It was “IDGAF” personified. 

Updated On: 5/24/24 at 08:51 AM

Latest Posts

Videos