pixeltracker

What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and why?- Page 2

What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and why?

#25re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/22/04 at 12:22pm

i wanna play tracy in hairspray!!! i mean, how many roles call for a chubby, short, loud teenager???

FindingNamo
#26re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/22/04 at 12:25pm

I would love to play any role in Paul Armstrong's "Society and The Bulldog," from the turn of the LAST century.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#27re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/22/04 at 12:49pm

tracy turnblad in hairspray.

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

stop!
#28re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/22/04 at 12:52pm

my dream role would be mrbroadwaylilhead the 2nd!!!

just kidding...

to originate a role and make it mine so others compare people to mE!

AMAZING everyone is naming leads...to me alot of sub principal roles apeal to me more.....and are better roles!!

GET A LIFE!!!
Updated On: 2/22/04 at 12:52 PM

lostwallflower Profile Photo
lostwallflower
#29re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/22/04 at 12:57pm

Hmmm...fun question.

In no particular order:
1. Mary Magdeline in JCS
2. Fantine in Les Mis
3. Aldonza in MOLM
4. Anita in WSS
5. Nala in Lion King
6. Donna (or either of her friends) in Mamma Mia
7. Kate in Lippa's Wild Party
8. Jane Eyre
God, there are soooo many more! These are just the realistic one re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and (Ones in my range)

"I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber. Please don't take me to the pickle farm."- Brak
Updated On: 2/22/04 at 12:57 PM

Wicked_Elphie Profile Photo
Wicked_Elphie
#30re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/22/04 at 1:09pm

Ohh I forgot about KMK, I'd wanna be Lilli Vanessi, oh and someone in Taboo,probably Nicola

"Take a breath. Take a step. Take a chance. Take your time." -L5Y

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#31re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/22/04 at 1:16pm

We've definitely done this a billion and a half times, but I'll play again:

Aida - Amneris
Wicked - Elphaba
Rent - Maureen
Cabaret - Sally or Lulu (long story)
Les Miserables - Eponine
Sound of Music - Maria or Liesel
Oklahoma! - Laurey
Chicago - Roxie

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Fiyero5 Profile Photo
Fiyero5
#32re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/22/04 at 4:30pm

Charlie Brown. oh wate... i already played that part. WOOO!
-mark
-fiyerro
-emcee
-radames
-phantom
-che
-clif

LiTtLeDaNcEr729 Profile Photo
LiTtLeDaNcEr729
#33re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/22/04 at 5:04pm

Eponine has always been my dream role. I'm just enchanted by the music from Les Mis every time I hear it. And Eponine is one of those "tough on the outside, but hurting on the inside" characters that I feel I can relate too a lot of the time.

Another one is Star-to-Be in Annie- just to stand center stage with two suitcases and singing about the most amazing city in the world...eee- awesome.

And- just ensemble in 42nd Street because tap dancing is the best type of dance out there- its so magical!

Roddick19 Profile Photo
Roddick19
#34re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/22/04 at 5:13pm

Maureen in Rent
Elpheba in Wicked
Millie in TMM
Penny in Hairspray
Audrey in Little Shop
Mama Rose in Gypsy
Reno Sweeney in Anything Goes
Dolly in Hello Dolly
Roxie in Chicago (though I've played Mama Morton and that's fun too!)
Shelley in Bat Boy (I know its offbroadway, but who cares?)
And
Susan in Tick Tick Boom (again, off-Broadway, but I want to play it anyways!)

And if I was a man, I'd DESPERATELY want to play Mark in Rent! I can sing all the songs in his range now anyways...damn gender biases!

No Day But Today

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#35re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/22/04 at 5:20pm

Elphaba in Wicked
Joanne in Rent
Daisy in Sideshow
Kate in the Wild Party
Millie in TMM
Little Sally in Urinetown
Eponine in Les Mis
Aldonza in MOLM

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

VocalLizzy Profile Photo
VocalLizzy
#36re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/23/04 at 11:14am

Chicago: Mama Morton or Velma
Boy From Oz: Liza
How to Succeed in Business: Rosemary
Oklahoma: Ado Annie

Lizzy

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#37re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/23/04 at 11:26am

FANNY BRICE! hands down! ...or if anyone ever did a play about Lucille Ball's "I Love Lucy" character. You should see my "Vega--meata-vitamin" when I've had too much "hooch".

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"

secret-soul Profile Photo
secret-soul
#38re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/23/04 at 12:04pm

Eponine in Les Miz
Muzzy in Thoroughly Modern Millie
Jane in Jane Eyre
Helen in Jane Eyre
Blanche in Jane Eyre
Lucy in Jekyll and Hyde
Christine in Phantom of the Opera
Amneris in Aida
Belle in Beauty and the Beast

Plince! Plince! Nein! T-Rex!!

VoiceofReason Profile Photo
VoiceofReason
#39re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/23/04 at 12:40pm

Company-Amy
Man of La Mancha-Aldonza
Wicked-Elphaba, Glinda if I improved my range
Gypsy-Rose
Annie Get Your Gun-Annie Oakley
Oliver-The Rose Seller (and yes, Nancy of course)
Into the Woods-Bakers Wife
Sound of Music-Maria
Wonderful Town-Eileen

For heaven's sake, don't try to be cynical. It's perfectly easy to be cynical. ~The Importance of Being Earnest~

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#40re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/23/04 at 12:44pm

Well i am no longer performing but if i were:
Tracy Turnbladt- I am the right height, i love the score and i sing it daily all over my apt the neighbors clap for godsake!
Mrs Meers- Same thing
Katemonster Avenue Q- It has become one of my favorites and i have been mistaken for Stephanie around the City (twice) Updated On: 2/23/04 at 12:44 PM

SonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
#41re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/23/04 at 1:39pm

I would play Eddie Varley in "The Eddie Varley Story"

EddieVarley Profile Photo
EddieVarley
#42re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/23/04 at 1:42pm

Martin Short already did it in "Little Me".

Are you following BroadwayWorld.com yet on Facebook & Twitter? click here.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#43re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/23/04 at 2:28pm

I would love to play Lily Garland in "On The Twentieth Century" or The Witch in ITW, Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney, and Charity in "Sweet Charity" (story of my life).

Of course, I can't sing.

And that Y chromosome thing is a bit of a problem.

Q: WHY on earth do you behave that way??!!
A: Y is the REASON I behave that way!!!!!!!!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#44re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/23/04 at 2:55pm

My list is short at the moment -
Cervantes in Man of La Mancha
Hook in Peter Pan
Judge Turpin in Sweeney Todd
Sweeney in Sweeney Todd
Skar (sp?) in Lion King
Any role in any Sondheim show.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#45re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/23/04 at 5:03pm

Eponine in Les Miserables. I've dreamed of playing her since I was 10, when I used to put on a bathrobe and a baseball hat and rub pencil lead on my face and sing along to the Complete Symphonic Recording. This is a role that I know I could do justice to, and I would kill to have a chance to play her someday.

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#46re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/23/04 at 5:15pm

Maureen in RENT because she's just so cool and gets to sing such awesome songs, like Take Me or Leave Me. She's been my dream role since I was 9.

Here are the rest of mine:
Maureen- RENT
Elphaba- Wicked
Narrator- Joseph
Sonia- Godspell
Velma- Chicago
Mary Magdalene- JCS
Kate- Zanna Don't
Susan- TTB
Mimi- RENT

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#47re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: What would be your dream role to play on Broadway and
Posted: 2/23/04 at 5:48pm

Baker - Into the Woods
Marvin - Falsettos
Bobby Strong - Urinetown
Seymore - Little Shop
Josh - Big

I actually got to play four of my dream roles:

Hysterium - Forum
Samovar - Hollywood/Ukraine
Brad Majors - Rocky Horror
Jeffrey - Godspell

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#48re: what would be your dream role to play on broadway and why
Posted: 2/23/04 at 6:06pm

one part...richard iii...it's the role closest to my heart of all ever written

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

Broadwaygirl4life
#49re: re: what would be your dream role to play on broadway and why
Posted: 2/23/04 at 6:42pm

Aida -Aida or Amneris
Movin' Out- Brenda
Never Gonna Dance- Penny

"[My son]'s really into my music, but one day we were listening to Billy [Joel] in the car and he said, 'Daddy, I think Billy's songs are a little better than yours." (Michael Cavanaugh)

Videos