pixeltracker

Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet

Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet

~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
#0Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/12/04 at 11:52pm

I just wanted to know what people thought about this. I haven't seen any of the shows on right now so let me know what you think is gonna be staying for awhile yet!

You've gotta have heart AND music

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#1re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 5:32am

HAIRSPRAY, hopefully and very well deservedly !
And from what everyone says, though I haven't seen it, WICKED !

Take care

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
Gatesy2 Profile Photo
Gatesy2
#3re: re: re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 8:32am

"The Producers" is too funny to let leave anytime soon. And Maybe "Throughly Modern Millie" will be around for a long time too.

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#4re: re: re: re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 9:34am

Adult Alice In Wonderland

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

A_Boy_From_Oz Profile Photo
A_Boy_From_Oz
newyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
#6re: re: re: re: re: re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 11:03am

I think Hairspray and Wicked have lot's of staying power. So does Taboo...

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 11:03am

Avenue Q
Wonderful Town
Hairspray
Millie
42nd Street
Forbidden Broadway another 30 years please!
Lion King
Wicked Updated On: 2/13/04 at 11:03 AM

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#8re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 11:10am

wicked
lion king
mamma mia
prob rent

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 11:45am

Hairspray
Lion King
Wicked
Millie
Mamma Mia

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#10re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 2:16pm

Oh, I thought the question was about NEW musicals. Yes, of course Mamma Mia and Lion King will be around for long. But I think they have already proved their staying power, they are out there for quite some time ! I don't know about The Producers after Lane & Broderick's departure though ! The show was already struggling before them from what I remember !

Elphie Profile Photo
Elphie
#11re: re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 2:28pm

The Disney Broadway Musicals
and
Avenue Q

"They hear drums. We hear music."

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#12re: re: re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 3:50pm

Wicked
Chicago
Millie
LSOH
MAYBE Rent
Phantom for a couple more years....

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

Wicked_Elphie Profile Photo
Wicked_Elphie
#13re: re: re: re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 3:55pm

Lion King
Wicked
Millie
Hairspray
Mamma Mia

"Take a breath. Take a step. Take a chance. Take your time." -L5Y

#14Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 4:18pm

Avenue Q
Hairspray
Wicked

...and I am assuming you are kidding about Taboo

~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
#15re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 4:43pm

Damn, I hoped no one would say Mamma Mia! or Lion King.

You've gotta have heart AND music

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#16re: re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 4:49pm

Wicked
Hairspray
POTO
Avenue Q

And I hope RENT.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#17re: re: re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 5:07pm

These shows have already proven they have staying power:
Phantom of the Opera
The lion King
Beauty and the Beast
Chicago
42nd Street
Rent

Shows that I think have potential for staying:
The Producers
Mamma Mia
Thorouhgly Modern Millie

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#18re: re: re: re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Power & Will Be Around For Awhile Yet
Posted: 2/13/04 at 5:11pm

Not that I believe all these shows are worthy of staying open for a while...

Wicked
The Lion King
Mamma Mia
Beauty and the Beast
Chicago
Phantom and Rent will hang in there for a a couple more years, I think
Hairspray and the Producers will be around for a while too
42nd Street and Millie maybe

Phantom05 Profile Photo
Phantom05
#19re: re: re: re: re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Po
Posted: 2/13/04 at 5:37pm

This topic seems to come up in so many different forms! Anyways, here I the shows that I think will last for a long while:

- Wicked
- Hairspray
- The Phantom of the Opera
- Chicago
- Thoroughly Modern Millie

See Ya!

Phantom05

------- "We Drink Your Blood And Then We Eat Your Soul, Nothings Gonna Stop Us Let The Bad Times Roll" -------"Past The Point Of No Return, No Backward Glances, Abandon Thought And Let The Dream Begin"

JakeB
#20re: re: re: re: re: re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Po
Posted: 2/13/04 at 5:58pm

I haven't seen it, though want to, but is Avenue Q really going to be around in two or three years time? Really going to be around?

Qfan Profile Photo
Qfan
#21re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Musicals On Broadway Now That You Think Have Staying Po
Posted: 2/13/04 at 6:37pm

*AVENUE Q!!!!
*Wicked
Millie
Lion king
Mamma Mia!
Hairspray
Phantom

*these are the only shows from this season that i believe will last more than a year. fiddler will be close to a year and same thing with wonderful town

"Look on the Bright Side Not on the Blackside get off your backside shine those shoes! This is your golden opportunity: Your the lightning and the news!" -Assassins

Videos