pixeltracker

Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday

Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday

Carl Magnum Profile Photo
Carl Magnum
#0Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 10:08am

Hedwig and The Angry Inch.-Hands down has the heaviest rotation for me. I listen to this cd just about everyday. It just never gets old for me and sounds enough like a stone temple pilots cd that it sounds great on my car system.

Also HAIR used to get heavy rotation in college when I was in the right..."mood".....yeah

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them

Dollypop
#1re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 10:13am

I've said this before: I never start a day without listening to one of my many recordings of TWHM. Mostly, it's the OBC with TGC, but I also have various foreign language versions of it.

A day without Dolly is a day without sunshine.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

BJC899
#2re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 10:20am

It used to be Wicked but now it...

*drum role*

AIDA!

Ever since I saw the show in August i've had the CD playing over and over again. :)

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#3re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 10:25am

In the past weeks, ive just been listening to Songs for a new world and Taboo.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

gherbert
#4re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 10:27am

Merrily We Roll Along is constantly in my CD player (OBC, only way to go).

The Apple Tree is another frequent play (so thrilled when heard Encores! was doing it).

Others that are currently getting lots of play time: Anyone Can Whistle (OBC) and She Loves Me (OBC).

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#5re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 10:31am

The
Last
Years

re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#6re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 10:49am

Taboo

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#7re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 10:55am

TABOO and HEDWIG at the moment. I'm also really into MOULIN ROUGE right now (yes, I know it isn't a cast recording, but whatever). It changes a lot though. A few weeks ago I was in a major RENT phase. I once went through about 5 months when I seriously listened to CABARET only. It will still always be my favorite though. *tear*

Alix

muzzjoi
#8re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 10:56am

Ragtime, The Lion King and Phantom of the Opera are cast recordings that I listen to on a regular basis.

check your personality Profile Photo
check your personality
#9re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 10:59am

Recently, Wicked and Rent, since I'm seeing both shows in the (near) future.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#10re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 11:24am

I used to listen to AIDA every single day. I'm not kidding. I listened to it (with the exception of a few months) every day since October of 2000. I'm one of those people who always has music on, so it was just constantly in my rotation. For my own sanity, I've been giving it a bit of a rest since the show closed, but I still listen to it more often that I do the rest of my cast recordings... but with good reason I suppose. When Cabaret closed I did the same thing. I didn't pick up another CD for something like two months.

Anyway, right now I think I listen to Taboo every day. That and Model Prisoner... not a cast recording, but it's all related. re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday

A work of art is an invitation to love.

CurtainUp2 Profile Photo
CurtainUp2
#11re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 11:31am

Taboo

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered. - Nelson Mandela

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#12re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 11:37am

Urinetown

MeliMel
#13re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 11:41am

Rent, Tick Tick...Boom, Bare sampler(especially this one lately)

The theatre is one of the most expressive and useful instruments for the edification of a country; it is also the barometer which makes its greatness or its descent. A theatre which is sensitive and well oriented in all its branches from tragedy to vaudeville can in a few years change the sensibilty of the people; theatre which has been destroyed, in which cloven hooves take the place of wings, can put to sleep an entire nation. A people that does not aid and encourage its theatre is moribund if not dead; the theatre which does not gather to itself the best of society, of history, the drama of its people and the genuine color of its landscape and its spirit, with laughter or tears, does not deserve to call itself theatre, but rather a place for that horrible thing which is called killing time.- Federico Garcia Lorca

LindsayAnne
#14re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 11:44am

Right now, it would have to be Assassins, Rent, & Songs for a New World.

Mythus
#15re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 11:58am

La Cage aux Folles. I know you're all going, "(gasp) No!"

lovettespies Profile Photo
lovettespies
#16re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 12:05pm

Right now, Sweeney. I mean just look at my name.

Keep the peace, take care of each other, and may you find your promised land. -TJST
Updated On: 10/2/04 at 12:05 PM

Jess1483
#17re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 12:09pm

BARE!! (Quite literally, because my alarm plays "Are You There?" when I get up in the morning.)

Why do we play with fire? Why do we run our fingers through the flame? Why do we leave our hands on the stove, although we know we're in for some pain? -tick...tick...BOOM!

LittleBroadwaybaby444
insomniak
#19re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 12:19pm

Taboo.

When I first saw Rent, I didn't touch another CD for months, but that was nearly a year ago. I still listen to it a lot, but not so much recently.

Chrysanthemum62001
#20re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 2:12pm

Movin Out and Rocky Horror.
It used to be Cabaret, but I haven't been able to even look at that cd since the last time I saw the show.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Plum
#21re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 2:59pm

Caroline, or Change, ever since I started school in August.

insomniak
#22re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 3:06pm

"It used to be Cabaret, but I haven't been able to even look at that cd since the last time I saw the show. "

Why? What happened?

I love Rocky Horror as well. I like to watch the movie and throw things, but the broadway cast is better than the movie soundtrack.

xanado_girl Profile Photo
xanado_girl
#23re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 3:09pm

The Last 5 Years, Wicked, and Side Show are in major rotation right now. RENT was in there but my sister & I had co-ownership & she took it with her when she left for college & I haven't replaced it yet.

"Is it your booty? Is that what it is? Is it that booty of yours? I hope it is!"-Zanna, Don't!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#24re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday
Posted: 10/2/04 at 3:14pm

"'It used to be Cabaret, but I haven't been able to even look at that cd since the last time I saw the show.'
Why? What happened?"

It closed. re: Cast Recordings you listen to just about everyday

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Videos