pixeltracker

Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show

Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show

Elphaba4
#0Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 7:43pm

Have any of you had em'? I've had so many. The one that embarassed me the most was when in Rent they sing the "Contact" song, my mother was sitting right next to me and the look on her face was priceless! My mother is a very devout Christian and what they were singing was so embarassing! My face turned bright, fire engine red. She was threatening me to take away my Rent cd. But, I had my friend burn it for me and she took my original cd. I hate my mom. Sorry, that was totally random!

"There will always be women in rubber flirting with me" ~Maureen, RENT

Prettylittlepicture Profile Photo
Prettylittlepicture
#1re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 7:50pm

I was laughing so loudly during The Frogs that Nathan Lane actually glared at me. Woo, go me. Is it really my fault that Roger Bart and Nathan Lane are the funniestpeoplethereare? No. But still, as amazing as it is to be glared at by a legend, it was quite embarrassing.

I'll open a souvlaki stand! I don't even know what souvlaki is, but people seem to LOVE them!- Xanthias
You see this tree? It is a fir tree. It's called a fir tree because it gives us fur- for coats! It also gives us wool in the wintertime!- Lucy "Little Known Facts"

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#2re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 7:51pm

I would hate your mom too. It's a realistic song - it's no wonder a devout CHRISTIAN would try to hide the truth.

Anyway.

GOOD VIBRATIONS. I was embarrassed for the performers onstage.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Elphaba4
#3re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 7:55pm

Exactly! You know what all the kids at my church call her? "Hitler" or "The Fun Nazi"! Lol

Yankeefan007
#4re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 7:56pm

i was in one of the front partial view seats for Wicked, and i started conducting during one of the songs....at the stage door JLT was like "oh, you were the one conducting me..."

Elphaba4
#5re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 7:57pm

Hilarious!!

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#6re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 7:59pm

haha that sucks! I would be so pissed if my mom tried to take my RENT CD or bible away. Those things are treasures to me. That's why I try very hard to make sure she never hears the CD because frankly, she'd do just that if she heard some of the songs. She isn't strict religiously speaking but she is just very prude-ish and spazzy when it comes to that kind of thing.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#7re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 8:00pm

One time during Wicked in the middle of Popular I farted really loud and Kristin Chenoweth passed out.

True story...

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#8re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 8:02pm

*raises eyebrow*

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#9re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 8:04pm

Put that down! And to your signature I quote Huck Finn "I don't take much stock in dead people"

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

Elphaba4
#10re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 8:05pm

*scrunches nose* does something smell? lol

DestinyBeckoned Profile Photo
DestinyBeckoned
#11re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 8:14pm

Sitting next to my dad for pretty much ALL of Rent was uncomfortable. La Vie Boheme was more uncomfortable for me, seeing as we were on the side of the stage that got the full blast of Maureen's ass. But yes, intermission of Rent was interesting for me. But it was worth it for the look on his face when I told him that Angel was a guy.

HROK?

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#12re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 8:46pm

During The Boy from Oz, the person next to me kept making me laugh during "Quiet Please, There's a Lady on Stage", so Hugh Jackman and what seemed like half the audience stared at me. Updated On: 3/3/05 at 08:46 PM

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#13re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 8:50pm

Edie Falco burped during a intimate moment in "Frankie and Johnny", and she and Stanley totally just went with it.

CatatonicBohoGirl Profile Photo
CatatonicBohoGirl
#14re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 8:57pm

When I went to see CATS, I had an aisle seat and, having never seen the show before, I was sitting very comfortably. That is, until, one of the cats tripped over my leg as it was running down the aisle...

"I would dance in the moon; pale as a fading star that quickly falls from veiw-" Lucy, Dracul

Over_the_Moon
#15re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 9:01pm

How about seeing RENT and Cabaret in the same day with your grandmother...

"what have we learned? Don't smoke... don't do drugs and don't sing 'Defying Gravity'." -CATSNYRevival

shlamdiddly Profile Photo
shlamdiddly
#16re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 9:10pm

the puppet sex in Avenue Q...though it wasn't that embarassing to see it with my mom becuase she had already heard the cd...

You aren't feeling overwhelmed are you?

Racetrack Profile Photo
Racetrack
#17re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/3/05 at 10:33pm

This isn't my story, but it happened to a teacher of mine when he was in college. He and his grandmother went to see Equus and it got to the last bits of the play(the nude scenes, etc.) and his grandmother was shocked. I can only imagine the look on her face and he said he was very embarrassed to have been there with her. Of course I was the only one in the class to have actually laughed.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey, Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say. The oldest hath borne most; we that are young Shall never see so much, nor live so long"-Edgar in King Lear

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#18re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/4/05 at 12:08am

When i saw The Boy From Oz there was a family next to me..... Mother Father and two kids about 7 or 8..... the mother was grabbing her cross neclace the entire show and then threw herself onto her childerns faces when ever to men kissed or interacted in the homosexual nature

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#19re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/4/05 at 12:11am

That would be...Full Monty with my dad and Puppet Sex with my mom.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#20re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/4/05 at 12:20am

I'm curious how the puppet sex is gonna go over with my mom when we see it.

broadwaynut20
#21re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/4/05 at 12:31am

my mom was 53 when we saw Rent and she loved it. I guess you either love it or hate it

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#22re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/4/05 at 1:59am

Sitting through the Full Monty with my high school principal, who is also a member of my church, about a row away from me. We were in the third row and were lovin' every minute of it. Kinda awkward being so close to my principal...

www.christopherviolett.com

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#23re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/4/05 at 2:04am

I guess I'm lucky - both of my parents adored CABARET and RENT, and have no problems with anything like that. They understand that it's art and that's its job.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

#24re: Most embarassing moment in a Broadway show
Posted: 3/4/05 at 2:10am

well i took my mom to see Take Me Out which was pretty embarassing but the most embarassing moment... i think ill keep to myself.

Videos