pixeltracker

does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Producers?

does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Producers?

renthead2005z Profile Photo
renthead2005z
#0does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Producers?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 12:56pm

just wondering b/c i love that store and i go there everytime i go to ny. It is pretty small, but has a lot of posters, and cds and shirts and the cool broadway matches, pretty much everything, and in the back it has scripts and movies...it is such a quaint little store, but i love it.

"Why do we play with fire?-Why do we run our fingers through the flame?"

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#1re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Producers?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 1:10pm

Hehe. I know which store you mean, but for the life of me I can't give you a name. I spent FAR too much $ there my first trip to NYC!

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#2re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Producers?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 1:10pm

Theatre Circle

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#3re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Producers?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 1:11pm

The one across from Phantom is called Theatre Circle. The one under the Marquis is called Broadway New York. There's one in Shubert Alley, too, but I can't remember the name.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

munkustrap178
#4re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Producers?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 1:12pm

One Shubert Alley

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

DestinyBeckoned Profile Photo
DestinyBeckoned
#5re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Producers?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 1:15pm

I was in that store while my dad was buying tickets, and I just wanted to stay in there forever. I had no money though, so I couldn't buy anything. re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Producers?

HROK?

riv
#6re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Producers?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 1:16pm

Frankly, one would be nuts to purchase CDs in those places. They overcharge obscenely.

Mr. TN
#7re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Producers?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 1:45pm

All three stores sell the "gifts" from BroadwayNewYork. Theatre Circle also has a book store, which separates it from being just a gift store. All of the shirts/posters/mugs/magnets are all from the same company.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
Adoannie925 Profile Photo
Adoannie925
Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#11re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Pr
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:42pm

I used to work for that company. They do overcharge, but if you work for them, it's easy to accidentally bring things home.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

#12re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Pr
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:46pm

Cool and what kind of stuff did you "accidentally" take home?

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#13re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Pr
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:48pm

I can't say, cuz God knows who comes on here. But, I can tell you that their security system sucks. Especially at B'way NY.
*edited*
But let me stop before I get my a$$ in a heap o trouble.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.
Updated On: 3/28/05 at 03:48 PM

renthead2005z
#14re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Pr
Posted: 3/28/05 at 6:32pm

it is always a fun store to go in...the guy that works there is really nice too.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#15re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Pr
Posted: 3/28/05 at 6:34pm

is that the one with the section in the back with books on theater/broadway? that store is great! i've only been to nyc twice, but had to go there both times :P

::bust a move::

renthead2005z
#16re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Pr
Posted: 3/28/05 at 6:37pm

i have been three times and make it a point to go there each time.

ashley0139
#17re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Pr
Posted: 3/28/05 at 7:36pm

I love that store! I was seeing phantom and happened to notice it. Now I always have to visit!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

UsherMJD
#18re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Pr
Posted: 3/28/05 at 8:28pm

That's funny. . . I've never noticed it. I go to Broadway New York all the time, but I guess I don't stroll down 44th street enough. I will DEFINATLEY check it out next month when I see spamalot.

secret-soul Profile Photo
secret-soul
#19re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Pr
Posted: 3/28/05 at 8:39pm

Back in October, we were working on The Blind Age directed by Ratan Thiyam at FCLC. Ratan is this Indian director who pretty much drove me to legal insanity last semester. Anyway, at the end of October we had a night off from rehearsal and my mom was in town for her parents' anniversary. My mother, grandmother and I all had tickets to phantom and so while we were waiting to go in my mom and I went to Theatre Circle across the street which is the most adorable little bookstore/gift shop--and i like it a whole lot better than the one under the Marquis. Well, as I'm walking in the door who should be there but Ratan and his trusty companion/possible lover Mr. Meetei. I almost screamed as I was forced into an introduction with my mother. I've stayed out of there ever since....of course, the man's been back in India for 5 months...you'd think I could get together the courage...nahhhh

Plince! Plince! Nein! T-Rex!!

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#21re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Pr
Posted: 3/28/05 at 8:47pm

You want a CD go to Virgin Megastore. They are not cheap but are much cheaper than those types of stores

Poster Emeritus

renthead2005z
#22re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Pr
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:47pm

I love it....lol but i don't really like virgin..it is a cool tourist spot, but the cds there are more expensive than at a mall somewhere.

munkustrap178
#23re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Pr
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:49pm

CDs at Virgin are cheaper than any mall I've been to...

BwayTheatre11
#24re: does anyone know the store across from the Majestic, and next to the Pr
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:51pm

It might have been said, but is this the one with the bookstore in the back?

CCM '10!

Videos