pixeltracker

since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?

since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#0since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 11:21pm

my vote would be billy flynn in chicago...it seems to be a good place for the recently fired to find a home (see also solange sandy, i'd say charlotte too but she doesn't really count) and he'd be great for it imho

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#1re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 11:23pm

Nothing! I thought he was dreadful.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#3re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 11:26pm

Yeah, this probably hurt his career at least a little.

You are young, life has been kind to you. You will learn.

jonartdesigns
#4re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 11:30pm

well i figured the weisslers would get along famously with him...

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#5re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 11:36pm

Seems like the only thing he should be in is an anger management and humility class.

re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#6re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 11:38pm

Yeah, no more parts for Mr. Davis for a while. How can he be such a diva. He played the BUTLER in THE NANNY for God's sake. Come on. Oohhhh, what about Fran Drescher in the Sweet Charity revival?

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

LaCageAuxFollesFan2 Profile Photo
LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#7re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 11:54pm

I dont think we'll see Mr. Davis doing anything anytime in the near future, but I do hope we see him again as soon as possible. Though I would LOVE to see DANIEL DAVIS, CHRISTINA APPLEGATE, & DONNA MURPHY present the award for best revival this year at the Tonys. Each could give a little lesson on how to pull some diva bull**** in their own particualar revival.

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#8re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/28/05 at 11:57pm

It's just incredible to me that a 40+ year career in the theatre is completely wiped out because he happened to have gotten cast in a hit comedy on TV. He used to say that a stage actor's dream is to be cast in lots and lots of failed television pilots. That way you get the $$ to live on but you're still free to act on stage. The same actor's greatest fear is to be cast in a hit show because you're contractually liable to stay with that show as long as the producers want you there. And in the meantime, your stage career suffers. Now I can see clearly what he meant by that. By the way, that stage career wasn't filled with 'firings' over those years. There's a problem now, obviously. We can only hope for the best for him. I hope it doesn't hurt his future on the stage because he really is a truly wonderful actor.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

MusicMan
#9re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/29/05 at 12:08am

What else could he be in?

The unemployment line.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#10re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/29/05 at 12:18am

Am I the only one who isn't completely clear on what exactly happened and WHY he was fired?

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#11re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/29/05 at 12:22am

"Though I would LOVE to see DANIEL DAVIS, CHRISTINA APPLEGATE, & DONNA MURPHY present the award for best revival this year at the Tonys. Each could give a little lesson on how to pull some diva bull**** in their own particualar revival"

What did Applegate do?

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

jonartdesigns
#12re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/29/05 at 12:24am

rumer has it she was the reason sandy and diaz were let go for upstaging her

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#13re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/29/05 at 1:01am

Can we stop with the goddamn pointless Donna Murphy bashing, LaCageFan?

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#14re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/29/05 at 1:52am

Earlier this week Playbill.com announced that Daniel Davis had been added to the list of performers for "Broadway Unplugged" on 4/4. I don't suppose that will still happen - do you?

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#15re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/29/05 at 2:53am

Well, someone certainly pulled the plug on HIM...

The man must have been desperately unhappy to have behaved the way he (reportedly) did. It would be a pity to see all his fine work over the years lost in a cloud of acrimony.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#16re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/29/05 at 6:15am

Any one may show . Forbidden Broadway should have a field day with this

Seriously, I hope he resolves whatever his problems are & another producer gives him another chance & he does not blow it as he needs to be on stage again. He was indeed one of the best things about La Cage

Poster Emeritus

Jon
#17re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/29/05 at 6:57am

But Sandy and Diaz were fired AFTER Applegate broke her foot, and it was clear she wasn't coming back for several weeks at least...

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#18re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/29/05 at 8:38am

Obviously he has issues he needs to deal with . I hope he does and then comes back to the stage with a healthier outlook and attitude. He truly is a wonderful actor. I've seen him do several shows at the Williamstown Festival, including an amazing "Three Sisters". I would hate it if this incident ruined Davis's incredible career in the theatre.

With the exception of les Cagelles , he gave the best performance in La Cage. Gary Beach is a good actor, but he was miscast as Albin. Then of course just the thought of Has Been Goulet makes me wince. What were the producers thinking?

LaCageAuxFollesFan2 Profile Photo
LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#19re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/29/05 at 9:24am

Preist - that wasnt a bash at ALL, I love Donna Murphy & Daniel Davis, and could possibly have loved Applegate - it was simply a dry humored joke. No offesne meant to be given!

juanatoke
#20re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/29/05 at 12:11pm

This is in response to his sitcom career allegedly masking his Broadway credibility. Truth be told, he's best known for The Nanny. Nothing wrong with that. But no Broadway actor has a career long enough to entitle him (or her) to act the way Davis allegedly has. I think that's the main point. I think he was great, but this whole fiasco doesn't surprise me considering "rumors" I've heard about him.

PerhapsACreamPuff Profile Photo
PerhapsACreamPuff
#21re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/29/05 at 12:15pm

Someone should write a show called "I can't believe Daniel Davis is in this f*cking musical" and cast him.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Hilda, Hilda, wake up! I've invented a maneuver.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#22re: since daniel davis is out of la cage what else could he be in?
Posted: 3/29/05 at 12:21pm

Once again, Daniel Davis has been an evil ****for over 20 years. I've been witness to his antics and I can only hope that I won't have to see him torture another cast and crew. He may be okay on stage, but I don't think his minimal talent justifies his actions at all.

Mean people suck

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Videos