#0Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/2/05 at 8:49pm

OK, I've got all of my tickets.
-Wicked-July 20th-2:00
-Dirty Rotten Scoundrels-July 20th-8:00
-Rent-July 21st-8:00
-Avenue Q-July 23rd-8:00
-Chicago-July 24th-6:30(?).

Sorry if you don't care...I personally cannot wait. I can't wait to see a show that I don't know the ending to again! It's be so long. Haven't seen DRS, Rent or Chicago before...so I'm really looking forward to it! I'll probably get tickets to I Love You... for my open night. Got my tickets for NY..:-D Anyone know if there will be any understudies/standbys in for these shows?

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
Updated On: 5/2/05 at 08:49 PM

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#1re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/2/05 at 8:53pm

you should love DRS and RENT.... have fun!!!

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#2re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/2/05 at 9:44pm

I'm sure no one cares about my trip either, so I'll just attach it to Parks' list. :)
June 21: Sweet Charity
June 22: All Shook Up and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
June 23: Wicked (3rd time!)
June 24: Spamalot
June 25: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1st time since San Diego previews)
Like you, Parks, I'm super excited, and only wish there were a couple other matinee days offered so I could see even more shows. I reserved all this way back on February 13th to be sure I'd get the (excellent) seats I wanted.
My only trip to New York from L.A. this year so am keeping my fingers crossed that it works out perfectly.
HAVE A GREAT TRIP PARKS! And yes you'll love DRS, and AQ, and Wicked and Rent (saw them all last September!!!)
(You have the best self avatars on the board!)

Parks
#3re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/2/05 at 9:58pm

Hahaha, thanks. I DEFINITELY care about your trip. All of my tickets are within 5 rows of the stage. re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D 2nd row to Rent. CANNOT wait to moo...haha

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

redmustang
#4re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/2/05 at 10:09pm

My trip is next week:
Mon. = Forbidden Broadway
Tue. = Spamalot
Wed. = La Cage (2nd time)
Wed. = The Lion King (3rd time)
Can't wait.

Parks
#5re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/2/05 at 10:21pm

How are your tickets to Spamalot?

timote316
#6re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/2/05 at 10:26pm

Hope you have lots of fun, Parks! I hope to go over the summer to see a show or two, as well re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D

Up In Won
#7re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/2/05 at 10:37pm

Well, I live in NJ, so.. Lol. But I do have a FEW things planned.

Tomorrow: Fiddler!
May 29th: Wicked
July 26th: Phantom (FiNALLY.)

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#8re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/2/05 at 10:40pm

i'll join the club- piazza on wednesday!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

DTBG2
#9re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/3/05 at 12:18am

me too!
I'm leaving for NYC May 12.

Going to see RENT twice, may 13 & 15!!!

can't wait...

NYBroadwayNY
#10re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/3/05 at 12:28am

Well, I guess I'll add my trip to this thread.
I'm going NEXT WEEK! and can't wait either.
So far:
Tues- Wicked (3rd time) May 10th
Wed- Phantom (umpteenth time) May 11th
Thur- Fiddler (1st! Time!)

I'm going to see Phantom because I'm taking someone who's never seen it. Will probably try for AQ lottery on Wed. matinee. or Rent, even though I've seen it a dozen times too! lol

PARKS, it sounds like you're gonna have a GREAT trip. Oh, and I DO care! Those of us who live a billion miles from NY HAVE to care for each other! lol

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#11re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/3/05 at 9:07am

What the heck, I'll add mine.

Right now I only have:

July 15- Spamalot
July 16- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Row A Orchestra!)

I haven't been working cause I just did back to back shows, but hopefully now I'll be able to save up enough to buy more tickets. I'm hoping to at least buy tickets to 'Spelling Bee' before I go, and then hit all the lotteries (Ave. Q, Wicked, Rent... seen 'em already, but my friend thats going with me hasn't and of course I wouldn't mind seeing them again!) all the times I don't have tickets.

....NYBroadwayNY... love the picture! My chemistry teacher would laugh her ass off! She used to teach at Scott Savol's high school and she always talks about how much she hates him! lol

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#12re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/3/05 at 9:47am

Lucky!! re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D

Have fun!

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#13re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/3/05 at 10:00am

Enjoy everyone!!!

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#14re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/3/05 at 10:43am

Just want to say that I am very jealous of everyone posting their itineraries on this thread.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

mikewood
#15re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/3/05 at 10:49am

Sorry if you don't care>>>>>

Actually these are my favorite types of messages on this board...it's so cool to see people exuding their love of theater!

have fun!

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Chrysanthemum62001
#16re: Got my tickets for NY..:-D
Posted: 5/3/05 at 10:52am

I was reading this thinking "Why isn't anyone seeing Piazza?" Zippy, I hope you enjoy the show!

I'm seein The Bakers Wife this week.
The Apple Tree 5/12
Piazza 5/15
The Apple Tree 5/16
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang 5/17
DRS 5/18
Little Women 5/18

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Videos