Rent Movie Trailer Info...

Rodney Hicks Profile Photo
Rodney Hicks
#0Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 4:27pm

Hi guys and hello to all of you! Your obvious love and care for RENT is so moving and it is much appreciated. I felt that I should share this bit of information that I received this morning from Jon's father concerning the trailer. I hope that this helps. And maybe I will see you at one of the theatre's listed. Take it easy! :)

In case you're going to see a movie in NYC in the next few days, keep your
eyes open for a teaser/trailer for RENT the movie in NYC according to the
following schedule -- which isn't guaranteed. Couldn't get it to you sooner
because we only received it last night., so if you don't see this until
Tuesday, you'll just have to turn back your calendar.

It's only 2 minutes, if that -- I haven't seen it yet myself -- so stay
awake (and if you do see it, I'd be curious about any audience reaction
that's different from the reaction to other trailers).

AMC EMPIRE - Star Wars 11:40/ 12:00/ 12:45 (3 different screens) and then
some 3 hours and 5 minutes later.. And again.

CLVW ZIEGELD - Star Wars 9:00/ 12;00/ 3:30/ 7:00/ 10:30

LOEWS KIPS BAY - The Interpreter 12:30/ 3:40/6:35/ 9:30/ 12:25

LOEWS LINCOLN SQUARE - Monster-in-Law 11:45/ 2:05/ 4:20/ 6:45/ 9:20/ 11:45

REGAL UNION SQUARE Star Wars and/or Crash -- but we don't have the times.

(There's a possibility the trailer will be in other theaters, other places,
so please pay attention wherever you go!)

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#1re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 4:31pm

Eek! Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#2re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 4:32pm

RENT trailer=JOYS!

*crosses fingers*
Oh please, please, please send it quickly to movies in Florida. Please, please. I must see, else I shall just die of impatience. LOL.

Oh, I can't wait!

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 4:34pm

A little birdy told me that the trailer would be attached to CINDERELLA MAN last week. We'll see soon...

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#4re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 4:34pm

How exciting! I can not wait to see this! Thank you much Mr. Hicks!

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#5re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 5:53pm

Thanks for sharing such detailed information. I'm sure this will save a lot of people wasting money going to the wrong shows.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#6re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 5:57pm

URL should be http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/rent when it's online.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Em-LEE
#7re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 6:19pm

Thanks for the info!

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#8re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 6:29pm

Not to make the Rent fans even more anxious than they already are... and this is TOTAL SPECULATION... but wouldn't it be cool if they showed the trailer during one of the commercial breaks during the Tony Awards? It'd be nice for Broadway's big network night to have a plug put in for the upcoming movie musicals, "The Producers" and "Rent".

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

Em-LEE
#9re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 6:59pm

That WOULD be a good idea....

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#10re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 7:07pm

Thank You Rodney! too bad I don't live in NYC..re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#11re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 10:21pm

This makes it so much more tempting to sit through a movie about which I don't give one wit for this trailer. God. Thank you!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

insomniak
#12re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 10:23pm

Emcee, learn to care! Star Wars is very worth caring about!

And if that isn't good enough for you, just think of it as paying six dollars to see the trailer and six to see Shirtless Hayden Christensen. That's well worth the price.

luvtheEmcee
#13re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 10:25pm

Works for me.

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#14re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 10:45pm

i want it online so bad so i can see it right now

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#15re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 10:58pm

Insomniak-

And, if that doesn't get you, then there is a tiny furry green guy who kicks some MAJOR BUTT! That, + shirtless Hayden + Rent trailer = FUN.

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

luvtheEmcee
#16re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 10:59pm

haha, I'm the one nia's trying to convince. Nia likes Star Wars. re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Are you talking about Yoda? 'cause Yoda's my hero.

Updated On: 5/28/05 at 10:59 PM

loudasthehelliwant
#17re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 11:12pm

I realized that (sorry for my confused phrasing). I was just adding to her convincingness (incidentally, my name is Mia and I also like Star Wars :P). And yes, of Yoda speak I. I have never seen anything so awesome as Yoda in Star Wars III. It just takes until the 2nd half for that awesomeness to get there... but, as Nia said, until then we have shirtless Hayden Christensen and RENT TRAILER! re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"
Updated On: 5/28/05 at 11:12 PM

luvtheEmcee
#18re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 11:13pm

See, this just might not be so bad. Yoda, my hero, shirtless men, cute little robots, and RENT. Who cares about space ships?

loudasthehelliwant
#19re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 11:14pm

Space ships? Bof! They're really only there at the beginning anyway. After that, hardly noticeable at all...

FabalaYero85
#20re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 11:18pm

Let me get this straight: Shirtless Hayden, Yoda kicking ass and an amazing RENT trailer with a gorgeous man named Adam Pascal in it who we sometimes call Farrah all in the same day? Oh man that will make my LIFE!!!!

hmm...

luvtheEmcee
#21re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 11:21pm

wait wait. Adam is now called Farrah? Man's a diva, but.... ahh!

(I love you, Adam!)

FabalaYero85
#22re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 11:26pm

Come on that hair...doesn't it remind you of Charlie's Angels episodes with Farrah Fawcett? Its a little too poofy and wavy so either Farrah or Diva are used for the man but of course never to his face.

Can't wait to see Star Wars on Monday

hmm...

luvtheEmcee
#23re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/28/05 at 11:29pm

!!!!

He does it way better than she ever did? He... he.... I love him? He's way prettier? He... gah.

FabalaYero85
#24re: Rent Movie Trailer Info...
Posted: 5/29/05 at 12:06am

Emcee...BReathe hahaha

take that love to the Adam thread...

Yes he does it alot better than the real Farrah and a lot more divaish too. And prettier...oh god I could go on

Apple put the damn trailer up to save us all from going completely insane

hmm...

Videos