New Wicked Cast

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#0New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 5:25pm

The Wicked website has been updated with new cast info/bios/headshots. Will they take new production photos and post them on the website?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#1re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 5:38pm

Yes.
edited to add: Just looked at the site, it hasn't been updated with the new cast yet.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
Updated On: 5/31/05 at 05:38 PM

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#2re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 5:43pm

It'll probably take a couple weeks for the new production photos to get up there... and they'll likely be in-performance ones like the ones they did when JLT and George Hearn joined the show.

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#3re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 5:47pm

Yeah it took them about two or three weeks when Shoshana took over to update the production photos, but I remember they took off Idina and Joey and moved Shoshana and added David to the website on January 9. They're usually good about updating it, so hopefully it will be updated tonight because I want to read Rue and Ben's bios!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#4re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 5:52pm

Give them a few days y'all. Rue and Ben haven't even gone on yet.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#5re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 5:53pm

They DID update the site. I just read the bios. And I just looked at the website. What are you people talking about?? Updated On: 5/31/05 at 05:53 PM

BwayTheatre11
#6re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 5:53pm

The production photos.

CCM '10!

PJ
#7re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 5:54pm

Yeah the bios are posted but no new pics.

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#8re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 5:54pm

"so hopefully it will be updated tonight because I want to read Rue and Ben's bios!"

hmmm

BwayTheatre11
#9re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 5:56pm

"It'll probably take a couple weeks for the new production photos to get up there... and they'll likely be in-performance ones like the ones they did when JLT and George Hearn joined the show."

It looks like we were reading different things...no need to be confused.

CCM '10!

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#10re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 7:14pm

Ok note to all mac users-- Safari is behind apparently? I guess Safari is a couple of hours behind Internet Explorer because on Safari it still has Jennifer, Carole, and George and on Internet Explorer it has Megan, Rue, and Ben.

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#11re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 7:14pm

Double post whoops re: New Wicked Cast Updated On: 5/31/05 at 07:14 PM

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#12re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:30pm

Bump The new cast started today...anyone go? Reviews?

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

PJ
#13re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:32pm

Shouldn't the new cast be reviewed at least by the Post? I figured they would, or will, since the leads are new(er.)

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#14re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:36pm

the wicked website is down at the moment it says it exceeded its bandwidth

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#15re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:37pm

Heck all i'm even looking for is a review by a Broadwayworlder...I'm starting to lose faith in the obsessiveness of the wicked fans here...and when that happens a fairy dies

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#16re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:38pm

Apparently, Wicked's homepage has exceeded its bandwidth. I can't even open it.

PJ
#17re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:39pm

I'd say the Wicked mania has calmed down since Idina left in January.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#18re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 6/1/05 at 2:09am

I hope it keeps calming.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

bwaybound865 Profile Photo
bwaybound865
#19re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 6/1/05 at 2:14am

The reason it calmed is because Shoshana isn't good enough to play Elphaba so therefore no one wants to talk about her.

LightMyCandle Profile Photo
LightMyCandle
#20re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 6/1/05 at 2:20am

The Lottery was unlucky for me three times. If I have to sell a kidney to be able to afford to see it, I'll do it. Especially now with Rue. She's always been my favorite Golden Girl. Since I was seven. Ha.

i'm a tough act to follow because when i'm done i take the microphone with me.

FosseBoi
#21re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 6/1/05 at 2:56am

It will be interesting to see how Rue does. I wouldnt mined seeing Blanch up there! Accent and everything!lol!re: New Wicked Cast

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

Beergoggles
#22re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 6/1/05 at 6:38am

How difficult is it to get tickets to wicked?

Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!

Fabala2
#23re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 6/1/05 at 10:06am

I went to the show last night and here is my review.

Megan was adorable. She has a beautiful voice and she is funny. She is a great Glinda. Not as good as JLT. I loved JLT as Glinda.

Ben Vereen is probably my favorite wizard. He is more of a dancer and a showman than George Hearn. They added new singing parts and dancing to "Wonderful" which made the song a lot better. Shoshana and Ben are great during that song. Also during "No One Mourns the Wicked" I was expecting to see David come out as the lover but a black guy came out instead; that is when remembered the wizard is black now.

I am sorry to say but Rue McClanahan was not a good Morrible. I was disappointed b/c I expected her to be good and I was excited about her being in Wicked but I did not like her at all. She cannot sing so all the singing parts she just spoke. It was really upsetting. Her acting wasn't that bad. Even during "Defying Gravity" when she makes the announcement about the wicked witch it wasn't scary like Carole Shelley's, it was kinda weak.

Anyways this is just her first show so I can't judge. I am sure all of them will grow into their roles.

Icbanannie Profile Photo
Icbanannie
#24re: New Wicked Cast
Posted: 6/1/05 at 10:16am

I see that the unique named Elphaba's (on broadway) have continued. The new understudy is named Brandi Chavonne. Not as Unique as Idina, Shoshanna, and Saycon, but still not a name you might hear every day. Anyone know when Shoshanna will be out of the show??

Videos