Adam Guettel is Hot!!!

~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
#0Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 1:28am

Adam Guettel is Hot!!!

Adam Guettel is hot!
And I'm not just saying that talent is sexy (although it is...)
He's physically attractive.
Gorgeous man, write a song for me.

I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!

PJ
#1re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 1:32am

Hell's yeah.

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#2re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 1:47am

Ditto from eslgr8!

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#3re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 1:53am

mmmmmmhmmmmm.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

MargoChanning
#4re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 2:02am

I've met him a couple of times (he's the friend of a friend) and, in addition to being quite attractive, he's a very friendly guy too.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

TonyInATL Profile Photo
TonyInATL
#5re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 2:20am

...and extremely talented and intelligent. I guess it's in his genes.

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#6re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 3:16am

Wow, talented, intelligent, good looking, and friendly? Nice.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#7re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 6:19am

I totally agree.

Apparantly he's been sort of seeing a friend of a friend of mine (HA, don't I sound so credible right now?) who is supposed to be far younger than him.

But he's attractive so I understand :0)

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

adamnyc Profile Photo
adamnyc
#8re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 6:33am

Hot and talented- what more could you ask for!!

"I want to tell you that Elvis would be proud." I said: "Priscilla, if I get 100 bad reviews, it won't matter because of what you said."

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#9re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 7:28am

I was thinking of starting this thread myself...

HOTT!!!

Jon
#10re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 7:59am

By the way, he used to date Kelli O'Hara, when PIAZZA was playing in Chicago and Kelli was playing a smaller role (Celia Keenan-Bolger was the daughter). When Celia decided to do SPELLING BEE instead of going ro Broadway with PIAZZA, Kelli got the bigger role, even though she and Adam had already broken up. They remain friends.

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#11re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 8:50am

i was thinking the same thing!

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#12re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 10:11am

Nice guy! Nice Looking. Just don't sleep with him!

apdarcey
#13re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 10:15am

he is really hot.

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#14re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 10:20am

Why can't one sleep with him? not that he'd have me...but hey...

~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
#15re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 10:37am

Jon - I THOUGHT I saw a picture of Celia Keenan-Bolger on Victoria Clark's website! Thanks for that explanation.

And I have to say it again...
This man is beautiful.

I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!

Beanwannabe Profile Photo
Beanwannabe
#16re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 10:40am

The story with Keenan Bolger is that she was the only person from the cast not asked to come back. She posted somewhere on a broadway.com interview that Guettel was looking for someone to sing it better than she did. I also heard that Guettel's relationship with Kelli O'Hara may have been why she was picked over Cellia. To be honest, after seeing Spelling Bee, I think Cellia might have done a better job than Kelli.

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#17re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 10:42am

I'll echo Bwaysinger's question of why can't someone sleep with him?re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

apdarcey
#18re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 10:42am

i've heard the opposite bean. kelli was the understudy in chicago and got bumped up AFTER the relationship was over. celia chose to go to spelling bee because william finn was courting her. also, beresse and uriarte berry were new york replacements as well.

chitown
#19re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 10:58am

sad to say that nothing on this thread is 100% correct (then again, I guess that's the fun we all have with gossip)

The only thing on target is that Adam is indeed an attractive man. But let us not lose our heads...he's still a human being with flaws just like the rest of us.

gwalke4
#21re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 11:03am

As to why one "shouldn't" sleep with him...
Evidently, he's quite the lothario. Great interview with him in the NYTimes when Piazza was in Seattle, where they also interviewed his mother, who said he had the proclivities of a satyr, or - get this - "of his grandfather." Rodgers was a notorious womanizer.

In fact, I've read somewhere that "Come to Jesus" is in many ways autobiographical. I don't know how! But it's interesting... And also, in the same interview his mother said that there was some musical this woman he had dumped had written, very Company-like in that it was this one really talented, handsome, charming guy, leaving women all over New York.

And also he has dealt with a lot of personal demons for years including drug addiction.

All of that should perhaps keep you away from him? (Not that it would me) I'd say go for it, just know what you're getting into to.

And I reiterate along w/ everyone else: He is hot. I've fallen for him completely. (which is too bad really)

Also: did it seem to any of you that he was WASTED on the Tony Awards? It was almost embarassing. But then a lot of people this year seemed to have been hitting the bottle even before they got there.
Renegade Shakespeare Company

chitown
#22re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 11:08am

again - MANY speculations on this board. Fun to read though!

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#23re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 11:19am

Well, I had already posted that I thought he seemed drunk......
He is very handsome, and after hearing piazza's beautiful score, I was expecting him to be a LOT older. He just doesn't look like this sort of thing would interest him......

Bustinloose, how young do you want them?????? He's pretty young!!!!!!
Updated On: 6/7/05 at 11:19 AM

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#24re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 11:24am

I don't think we'll ever know the real reasons for Celia's dismissal...but what I do know is that she didn't leave the show BECAUSE of Spelling Bee, but rather that, as it happened, they were both going on simultaenously. She did the Barrington production of Bee in between Piazza. FOrtunately for her, whatever the cause of her dismissal from Piazza, she found a home in Bee and still made her Broadway debut...and got a nomination. And she sounds quite fine on the recording.
She also mentions in many interviews that she really isn't a soprano. The Bee recording bears witness to that. Perhaps she did have vocal issues with the score to Piazza. It hardly matters now, though.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#25re: Adam Guettel is Hot!!!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 11:32am

Wow, another ironic tony occurance, Both Kelli and Celia were nominated in the same category, and Bill Cudrup and MLP were both nominated......
Updated On: 6/7/05 at 11:32 AM

Videos