pixeltracker

Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry- Page 2

Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry

Wax Lion Profile Photo
Wax Lion
#25re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:41pm

Wax Lion really got a kick out of that. If you were lucky enough to join us in the OFFICIAL name game songs...you are now entitled to call Adam Pascal "Madam Adam" and Jesse Martin "Messe Jesse".

Is it just Wax Lion, or do those sound like names of GARBAGE PAIL KIDS?

Love,
Wax Lion

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#26re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:44pm

What about Midina Menzel...

Combine it fast, it sounds like Mid-Menstrual...

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#27re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:45pm

Oh my God. "Madam Adam" Thanks, Wax Lion, you made my day.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

TennesseeTwang
#28re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:45pm

Actually, I did see some parts of CW at a friend's home. Sorry, but the bad habits were still present as far as I could tell.

But as is always the case on message boards, YMMV.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#29re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:47pm

YMMV?

Is that like Yemmen Motor Vehicles?

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#30re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:54pm

Yay for Mony Anthony and Maye Taye!

They do sound a bit like garage pails kids...hmmm

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

LariTheLoud Profile Photo
LariTheLoud
#31re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:34pm

"Madam Adam" is definitely the most appropriate one. re: Rent blog:  Rosario Dawson Entry

"Oh, good. After all, I can rub my stomach and pat my head at the same time, and I can do it with my eyes closed while whistling 'The Entertainer.' That's rhythm for you." ~ Snaps, proving that White Boys CAN have rhythm

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#32re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:38pm

I am so slow...I just got the Adam one. Then I laughed for a good long time. It is appropriate...heehee *goes off to snicker where Adam can't hear her and get his diva feathers all ruffled* He's such a darling and I love him, but god, is it easy to mock him.

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#33re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 3:07pm

I am so happy to see that. And I love Anthony, that was probably the best part of the whole video when he spoke!

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

dietcherryemma
#34re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 3:21pm

I think I really scare my roommates whenever there's a new post on the RENTblog- they think i'm dying or something because I squeal- one of them just came out of the shower to ask if I was ok... I really hope they'll have more video entries!

iwearshoes Profile Photo
iwearshoes
#35re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 7:04pm

so now "real authentic love" is going to be the new phrase eh? well i have real authentic love for this movie then :)

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#36re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 7:17pm

That was so sweet! I've watched it about 5 times already. And she looks so cute, especially when she's introducing herself and her voice got all quiet. I never really paid too much attention to Rosario (other than the occasional movie) before I heard she was cast in this movie, but she seems really sweet.

I did laugh when she covered her mouth with her hands right before she hugged Tracie, then the little clapping afterwards, because I do both of those things all the time and it's nice to know that other people have my weird little ticks as well.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#37re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 7:49pm

this is too cute!

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

One Song Glory
#38re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 8:02pm

I loved that one.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#39re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 8:28pm

I find Rosario's alleged look of "smug self-satisfaction" a whole helluvalot more appealing than TennesseeTwangers "smug-don't-have-a-positive-thing-to-say" attitude.

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#40re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 6/29/05 at 8:46pm

Ahh I love it! re: Rent blog:  Rosario Dawson Entry Rosario is such a sweetheart. And Anthony is an awsome narrator/cameraman. I love them all the death!

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#41re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 7/1/05 at 8:11pm

Am I the only one who saw that it says Adam will be posting answers to our questions next Wednesday? Does Emcee know about this?? re: Rent blog:  Rosario Dawson Entry

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

kas Profile Photo
kas
#42re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 7/1/05 at 8:16pm

madam adam is sure to catch on. but our fab diva would most likely favor that. madam, i just love you. :)

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#43re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 7/1/05 at 8:22pm

Whoa just noticed the Madam Adam thing. And I said it. (slowness)

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

DemonBarberofBroadway Profile Photo
DemonBarberofBroadway
#44re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 7/1/05 at 8:24pm

i love you guys. i'm so glad i found this website..

::dances around singing Out Tonight::

There are people like me somewhere!!

"I was good at everything in high school...except gym" -William Finn Are you in the TFT cult?

One Song Glory
#45re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 7/1/05 at 8:31pm

I feel the same way as you do, Demon.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

Dreamcatcher
#46re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 7/1/05 at 11:11pm

Amen to that Demon. I'm almost positive all my friends think I'm insane and more then a little obsessed. And while that may be true, you get tired of hearing it after a while. re: Rent blog:  Rosario Dawson Entry

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

#47re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 7/1/05 at 11:17pm

"I'm almost positive all my friends think I'm insane and more then a little obsessed." -dreamcatcher

I completely shrieked in the movie theatre when the RENT movie preview came on the screen... and they think I'm crazy to begin with, hmmm

Dreamcatcher
#48re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 7/1/05 at 11:25pm

Haha same here, only it was in class and I was using the computers to watch the trailer. And there's an incredible echo in that room that amplifies any noise. Lets just say I was getting really weird looks for the rest of the day.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#49re: Rent blog: Rosario Dawson Entry
Posted: 7/1/05 at 11:40pm

I just posted a question, even though surely his entry's already been typed. Can't say I didn't try.

A work of art is an invitation to love.